• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese internet survey reveals what men want their girlfriends wear as cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
tumblr_mgn8azcZfR1qdnckro1_250.gif

The dream for many.
R0LSQ3r.gif

Wynnebeck

Banned
Only the skirt version if it's tailored to hell and back, I guess. I feel rather like a flight attendant or a museum curator wearing it.

Though I guess some folk may be into that, judging by the OP.

It sucked getting my blues tailored to me in basic only to start working out in the gym and having to struggle getting into my slacks because my ass was too big. Once I got in them, I had to do the female side squat to pick up anything because I was afraid my ass as going to rip my pants. Dudes have it tough too lol.

Butt is too big for Asuka. Typical cosplayer, trying to oversexualize everything ( ≖‿≖)

A butt can never be too big!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know this makes me wonder - are manga/anime characters nowadays designed with the intent of being a "cosplay" item? Like, the mangaka made them like that for cosplaying purposes. It bothers me nowadays.

You know this makes me wonder - are manga/anime characters nowadays designed with the intent of being a "cosplay" item? Like, the mangaka made them like that for cosplaying purposes. It bothers me nowadays.

Rei and Asuka were designed the way they are to sell merch and toys, yes, but that's mainly a Gainax thing (because they had no money when eva was being produced) and I don't know if other studios do it with that specific purpose

losername

Banned
I definitely think a lot of anime these days is created with merchandising in mind. That extends to cosplay too which is super ingrained into anime culture.

It would be crazy not to consider these things when designing as hardcore anime fans are probably one of the most exploitable groups in existence.

Codernaut

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks this 'cosplay' thing is just fucking weird and major turn off?

I really don't see the appeal at all.

There's just no such school swimsuit here in the US to fetishize. If there were, it wouldn't be such a foreign concept to us.
Na its not the school part for me,(I don't like school uniforms much either)
and really the design is kinda boring besides the weird 'skirt' flap thing.
Don't really know why that makes it hot but it kinda does.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Rei and Asuka were designed the way they are to sell merch and toys, yes, but that's mainly a Gainax thing (because they had no money when eva was being produced) and I don't know if other studios do it with that specific purpose

Oh yeah I know G was down in the cash during EVA, but didn't know the cast were designed like toys (how fitting). To be honest though it feels like they are made to be cosplayed nowadays.

Compare say, the cast of YYH, whose outfits are pretty plain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom