• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

MiTYH

Oh man, Bravely Archive: D's Report! I love Bravely Default, guess it's too much to hope for an English patch on this too

MiTYH

Awesome! I just deleted Monster Strike after about a month of one again off again play. With that and if GBF actually releases English patch, I'll be a happy camper!

Also in other gacha news, I FINALLY pulled my first legend on One Piece, INT Mihawk! He's already evolved and at level 75, doing pretty great damage. Just need the regular Mihawk raid to return for some sockets!

Dandte

Very nice. I'll easily give up soccer spirits for this if it's decent.

Awesome! I just deleted Monster Strike after about a month of one again off again play. With that and if GBF actually releases English patch, I'll be a happy camper!

Also in other gacha news, I FINALLY pulled my first legend on One Piece, INT Mihawk! He's already evolved and at level 75, doing pretty great damage. Just need the regular Mihawk raid to return for some sockets!

Not sure if i posted it yet, but the dev created a little wiki with new screenshots, explanations on game mechanics etc.

They didn't showed it on their Facebook site because it isn't in a state of "publish to the community" yet.

http://valiant-force.wikia.com/wiki/Valiant_Force_Wikia

bjork

So, Drift Spirits shuts down this month in the US. The other day I made an account for the JP app store, and it's #1 in their racing section. Damn you america.

Also, Professional Baseball Spirits Ace is a pretty cool baseball game that's got a gatcha aspect to it, and the parts you actually play are just scenarios during a game, rather than an entire game. Perfect for short sessions. I still don't know all the menu options, but I can play and I can let the game optimize my team after I get new players, so it's ok with me. I wonder if they'll do an MLB equivalent for the US?

Azusa

Tales of Smartphone

Smartphone game pre-registration platform Prelaunch.me has apparently leaked the upcoming English release of Tales of Link, along with a pre-registration bonus.

PreLaunch.Me revealed that Tales of Link will be localized sometime in March/April 2016 for both Android & iOS devices

Tales of Link is a smartphone game currently available for both iOS and Android in Japan. The game features a completely new story featuring new characters as well as a whole bunch of Tales characters from different games. It runs on a "Touch-Link Battle System" wherein there are a total of 9 characters in active battle at one time.

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1445

Welp Android N developer preview is (as expected) hit or miss on some games.

As for me:
FFRK: good
Granblue: good
Terra Battle: crash on title screen
BC/Little Noah: stuck on white screen after loading

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
SanSuma started a collab with Senran Kagura today; time for everyone to jump in.
4zTrwKm.png

That's interesting, I hope it'll be good and not a cash-in lol.

I remember the Shokugeki no Soma mobage and it was kinda bad, pretty sad to have a franchise you like with such an mediocre game.

garath

Apparently I got accepted to the shadowverse beta. Don't remember signing up for it but that's OK. Seems like a typical card game a la hearthstone.

Didn't get accepted in the beta, RIP :(

Random request, if anyone can assist: I'm playing the Crows X Worst game and can never get this third objective to clear. Can someone translate these for me? Thanks in advance.

"Clear within four or less" is what Google translate tells me.

Dandte

Looks like i dind't get in, even though i made a couple of entrys iirc :'(

what is the e-mail title etc. maybe it got stuck in spam or trash.

Kitoro

I got into the Shadowverse beta as well, but, as someone who knows very little about it other than just being a Hearthstone clone with anime elements, what's so exciting about this game? What sets it apart from Hearthstone and other mobile TCGs?

I'm very open-minded and hopeful that I'll find it to be an enjoyable experience, but is there more to it than what I'm taking in at face value?

Thanks!

Dandte

I got into the Shadowverse beta as well, but, as someone who knows very little about it other than just being a Hearthstone clone with anime elements, what's so exciting about this game? What sets it apart from Hearthstone and other mobile TCGs?

I'm very open-minded and hopeful that I'll find it to be an enjoyable experience, but is there more to it than what I'm taking in at face value?

Thanks!

Let me quote the internet and the requirements for a game to be mentioned in this thread.

Anime Waifus

it really isn't more than a hearthstone clone in an anime-esk garment

Well it's also actually a card game ("actually"), which stands in stark contrast to pretty much every mobage that has "cards" in it. It's also pretty rare for a mobage to do near-simultaneous development with regions outside of Japan.

chrono01

Is this some kind of GBF clone? Look like one to me.
From what I can see, it's an expanded/all-ages version of DMM's other title "Dragon Providence" (NSFW). At least, it shares some of the same characters, as well as design of the cards themselves.

Edit: Shadowverse is supposed to be starting their closed beta in a few hours, but no beta key has been received for me. :(

Did anyone receive theirs yet?

Edit #2: Never mind, installed it!

BTW, you need to open the mail and the "Start Testing" on your phone with Test Flight installed. It took me a bit to realize that. >_<

MiTYH

Edit: Shadowverse is supposed to be starting their closed beta in a few hours, but no beta key has been received for me. :(

Did anyone receive theirs yet?

Edit #2: Never mind, installed it!

BTW, you need to open the mail and the "Start Testing" on your phone with Test Flight installed. It took me a bit to realize that. >_<

Got mine, mail was received about 20 min ago. Installing now!

EDIT: under maintenance until 11pm. Doesn't say timezone but I assume Pacific

chrono01

Got mine, mail was received about 20 min ago. Installing now!

EDIT: under maintenance until 11pm. Doesn't say timezone but I assume Pacific
Yeah, another 38 minutes until maintenance ends. Not long, thankfully.

I'm not sure which deck to go with. I know this is closed beta, and as such I doubt our progress will carry over into the actual game, but I'm still debating. I might just go with whoever's cutest (I'm thinking the purple-haired lady).

Also, I'm playing Cinderella Girls, to unlock the Granblue Fantasy characters...but how do you rank up!? I have no idea what I'm doing. :/

Kitoro

Played through the tutorial, and it almost put me to sleep. I don't know why, but that forest backdrop theme and UI were both grating to my eyes. Definitely makes me appreciate the simpler look of the Hearthstone table.

I'll keep powering through the practice fights and whatnot to get a better feel overall, but I really wish they did a little bit more to set this game apart from Hearthstone.

Wasn't too impressed by the tutorial (or by the quality of the localization - is this what we should expect for Granblue?), but maybe one of the practice decks will grab me.

chrono01

Yeah, Shadowverse so far is...fine...I guess? I haven't played that much of it, and it is pretty much a direct copy of Hearthstone (I haven't played the latter, but I have watched others). I was surprised to see no in-game purchase items, unless it's going to be added later. That's entirely possible. Right now, you can purchase card packs with gold (which seems to be pretty plentiful) as well as crystals (not sure how I get those), in addition to using card pack tickets. I'm just randomly grabbing cards to see what I can put together later.

I'm assuming our closed beta progress won't carry over into the final build? If so, I won't bother constructing an actual deck and just use the practice ones.

Azusa

Wasn't too impressed by the tutorial (or by the quality of the localization - is this what we should expect for Granblue?), but maybe one of the practice decks will grab me.
Many who understand Japanese approved the quality of granblue translation. Can't say about shadowverse.

MiTYH

Played through the tutorial of shadowverse. It's basically heathstone with a few different features (evolving a unit, etc). Don't know if it'll hold my interest for long

Played through the tutorial of shadowverse. It's basically heathstone with a few different features (evolving a unit, etc). Don't know if it'll hold my interest for long
The production value is still pretty good for a mobile card game, but the UI isn't that great.
Better to stick with Hearthstone for the usual Blizzard polish.

Valiant Force seems to have been delayed for much later this year.
I know some GAFers were waiting for it.

Top Bottom