• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Retailer Selling Old 3G/Wi-Fi PS Vita for Less Than 50 bucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted?
While Sony plans to sell the old 3G/Wi-Fi PCH-1000 PS Vita at least for a while longer on the side of the new PCH-2000, it seems that at least one retailer in Japan is working on selling some old inventory.
The Japanese tech retailer Joshin is having a special sale on the e-commerce website Rakuten, and that’s a rather juicy one, offering the OLED equipped older model of the Vita for 4,595 yen delivery included. That’s the equivalent of just under $47.
The catch is that the sale is available only in Japan (the English version of Rakuten doesn’t list it), and only 30 units will be on sale, exactly for 59 minutes starting tomorrow morning at 9 AM Japan Time.
If you live in Japan and still don’t have a Vita, it’s surely worth a shot. Mind you, it may not be easy, because those 30 units are probably going to be sold out in mere seconds.
You can check a screencap of the sale just below, for the posterity.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09...g-old-3gwi-fi-ps-vita-for-less-than-50-bucks/

I don't see how this is news? It's a promotion.

Information about a promotion can't be news? We've gotten threads made for pretty much every time the Wii U has gone on sale. That a console that's barely been out for a couple years is being sold for under 50 bucks is pretty notable. It's even in Japan where portables do best.

A promotion can't be news? We've gotten threads made for pretty much every time the Wii U has gone on sale. That a console that's barely been out for a couple years is being sold for under 50 bucks is pretty notable. It's even in Japan where portables do best.

...It's also, again, THIRTY UNITS

It's not a sale so much as a 'lol we're gonna get all of these fuckers on our site and none of em are gonna get it' promotion

guek

Banned
0n3GNwt.gif

Ratrat

A promotion can't be news? We've gotten threads made for pretty much every time the Wii U has gone on sale. That a console that's barely been out for a couple years is being sold for under 50 bucks is pretty notable. It's even in Japan where portables do best.
It's 30 units! It sold out the second it started. I know, I just refreshed the page. Grrr

...It's also, again, THIRTY UNITS

It's not a sale so much as a 'lol we're gonna get all of these fuckers on our site and none of em are gonna get it' promotion

And that's what people have been making threads for months about with the Wii U Basic in the UK. I'm sure several of those clearance sales weren't very many units, it's not like stores stock a lot.

And that's what people have been making threads for months about with the Wii U Basic in the UK. I'm sure several of those clearance sales weren't very many units, it's not like stores stock a lot.

...Oh you're one of those dudes

Yeah a full on store chain putting something on clearance is going to have more copies than this.

If you make this into a Wii U vs Vita thread I've got my ABANDON THREAD gifs at the ready

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
メーカー希望小売価格 19,980円 (税込)
販売価格 4,595円 (税込) 送料込

売り切れました

lol welp I tried.

javac

Refresh. Error. Refresh. Sold out. It didn't last 5 seconds.

True but you never said your issue was with the quantity but if a promotion was worthy of a thread in the first place :)

Also 30 units were sold to someone. Maybe Evilore bought them for a give away lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom