• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green Leaves 1UP. Joins Sims Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys are taking it way too far with this "the show must stop" routine. Yes, it will be a loss, but you know life moves on, PC games keep coming out, and the crew should keep going. I wish Jeff the best and he was a key part of the podcast but this shit is a bit too melodramatic for a gaming podcast.

GitarooMan said:
I think you guys are taking it way too far with this "the show must stop" routine. Yes, it will be a loss, but you know life moves on, PC games keep coming out, and the crew should keep going. I wish Jeff the best and he was a key part of the podcast but this shit is a bit too melodramatic for a gaming podcast.
I agree. It sucks Jeff is leaving, and I will miss him a lot, but it's not like the show can't still go on without him, as hard as it may be.

armubaba

Yeah, as much as it sucks Jeff is leaving, I don't think we should go overboard and stop the show. I mean, look at 1Up Yours. While 1UY may very well be a shadow of its old self, it's still fucking IUY and we still love it.

Ecto311

armubaba said:
Yeah, as much as it sucks Jeff is leaving, I don't think we should go overboard and stop the show. I mean, look at 1Up Yours. While 1UY may very well be a shadow of its old self, it's still fucking IUY and we still love it.

We? Don't lump me in with this shit. I like it and its good to listen to but nothing like it used to be. Mark, Luke and Brian were some of the best parts. Now I get Garnet who is good and sometimes john who kicks ass but then there's Shane who says some of the nastiest shit and always backs Sony without a doubt.

ElyrionX

armubaba said:

Nope. 1up Yours is a mere shadow of its former self. If John didn't become a regular part of the cast again, I doubt I would even be listening to it now.

Talon

Boober said:
Poor Shane. Nobody wants him.

I think Shane's pretty valuable to the formula because of his quick wit (or you could see this as the rest of the cast, sans John, being slow the uptake).

I don't find him nearly as bad of a Sony fan as people perceive. There are times when he seems irrationally defensive of Sony, though, so it's a fair criticism.

Anyways, Garnett, Shane and John still make a pretty good show, and Andrew, when he speaks up, adds some valuable input. It's just a shame that there doesn't seem to be anyone at 1UP right now that can match what Luke or Mark brought to the table with strong but likable personalities. I love Shawn on GFW, but 1UP Yours just sounded disjointed towards the end of his run there. He'd go off on one his tangents, and it just felt slightly uncomfortable like Garnett didn't want the discussion to go in that direction.

And, yes, that's way too much thought to have put into discussing a Gaming Podcast, but, hey, I'm just enjoying my two weeks off.

voltron

FartOfWar said:
This is true, but I also think there have been plenty of times when I've worked to keep the show flowing. But yeah, your general point is why I'm no longer interested in continuing GFW Radio without Jeff.

Dude look at it like youre continuing the legacy. It will still be a way to express stupidity and vent each week.... it will just have a slightly different flavor without Jeff.

The Brodeo must live on.

End on a high note, leave the audience wanting more, go out on top, or any other cliche that fits. Its the way to go. The Brodeo was a good thing, Jeff Green was a huge part of that, he's leaving, and its time to end it. If Shawn's not into it, then he's not into it. Let the rest of the guys carry on a newly named PC gaming podcast if they want, and/or have Shawn and the rest do a special segment every now and then, when they have something really good.

voltron

JasonUresti said:
End on a high note, leave the audience wanting more, go out on top, or any other cliche that fits. Its the way to go. The Brodeo was a good thing, Jeff Green was a huge part of that, he's leaving, and its time to end it. If Shawn's not into it, then he's not into it. Let the rest of the guys carry on a newly named PC gaming podcast if they want, and/or have Shawn and the rest do a special segment every now and then, when they have something really good.

no one asked you :p

JasonUresti said:

As much as I'd miss the Brodeo, I think this sentiment is exactly right. The Brodeo won't be the Brodeo without Jeff Green.

Akia

JasonUresti said:
End on a high note, leave the audience wanting more, go out on top, or any other cliche that fits. Its the way to go. The Brodeo was a good thing, Jeff Green was a huge part of that, he's leaving, and its time to end it.

Flavius

Jeff, if you were any flavor of jelly bean out of those jelly bean roulette jelly beans you guys ate a couple of weeks back, what flavor would you be and why?

Also, can you share with us your plans for making the Sims more Jewish?

Finally, can you confirm or deny whether or not the pic of you dancing around in the ocean in your undies like some modern day Marvel-DC amalgamation of Richard Reed & Aquaman had anything to do with you obtaining your new position at EA?

Thanks for answering.

exfixate

Joseph Merrick said:
what the hell

This is kind of old, but I hadn't checked back in this thread -- was this in relation to the post of mine above yours? I hope the strange juxtaposition of words of praise for Jeff to a well-known Weezer song (Susanne) didn't come off as strange. I had just listened to the song, and was just trying to be stupidly clever, or whatever. I figured Jeff would get it. Hope it didn't come off like a "Hero of the Web" post, as that certainly wasn't the intention. Anyway, keep on with the continued appreciation of Jeff's work at Ziff!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
The first GFW I ever listened to opened with Jeff reading something from a Warhammer book in his nerd voice. I just started listening to podcasts and it was such a WTF moment I will never forget. :lol

Flavius

ICallItFutile said:
The first GFW I ever listened to opened with Jeff reading something from a Warhammer book in his nerd voice. I just started listening to podcasts and it was such a WTF moment I will never forget. :lol

That was a great one. The Conan reading was pretty damn funny as well.

Mar

DustoMan said:
So where did Black Dragon come from?

When other people had cool nick names, Jeff talked on the podcast about how he wished he had a cool nick name. He joked he'd like to be called Black Dragon. The podcast laughed it off and continued on, perhaps unaware that the fans would take this and make it real.

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
Shins said:
Proof that Jeff has a made a huge mistake; should've gone into voice acting. :p

With any luck, they will need someone to do some kinda nasally falsetto/Ethel Merman SimLish for their next game!

sikkinixx

JeffGreen said:
With any luck, they will need someone to do some kinda nasally falsetto/Ethel Merman SimLish for their next game!

Since EA owns Bioware, maybe they will loan you out to do the intro to Dragon Age... or maybe the Warhammer online expansion.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
jeff, you are a bad influence...greg sewart thought you were so cool that he left his podcast too.

shame...shaaaaaaame

undrtakr900

Ahhh this sucks, GFW Radio won't be the same without you =(
I know you guys won't be there forever but it just suck when change comes on you all of a sudden, too many people leaving 1up. Glad they are moving on to better things just miss them from 1up *sigh*

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
JeffGreen said:
I want to hear "You're not the Lord of the Rings!" while our Sims are sleeping.

voltron

haha! :lol

hopefully this doesnt get me banned (old thread resurrection). I just thought it would be funny to confuse some fools. Hopefully the 2 threads are together at some point for maximum hilarity.

plus it must be nice on the old ego eh Jeff?!

W1SSY

voltron said:
haha! :lol

hopefully this doesnt get me banned (old thread resurrection). I just thought it would be funny to confuse some fools. Hopefully the 2 threads are together at some point for maximum hilarity.

plus it must be nice on the old ego eh Jeff?!

You got me. I was scrolling down and saw Jeff leaving EA maybe returning to journalism and was confused why this topic was up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom