• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jill Braff has been appointed as head of Bethesda/ZeniMax studios

Bethesda is a dead company.

Microsoft is parading around its corpse.
Please don't break my heart like that :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying:

Don't really care about Microsoft; but I got lots of love for real for Bethesda. Once named 3 kittens Bethesda, BlackRock and Rocksteady.... Can't quite remember why I picked the last 2... Probably Batman... Blackrock I have no idea.

Last edited:

graywolf323

I mean, they already have a flexpay program. They're one step away from infomercials for the box.
billy mayes GIF

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Building on the successful launch of Starfield, all the ZeniMax/Bethesda studios are poised to create some of the most exciting and innovative games in the industry.

yaas GIF by WE tv

KXVXII9X

Making a game with lower fidelity requires less people. Yeah. I'm shocked at this revelation.

All of Microsoft/Bethesda/ABK are just slightly bigger then Ubisoft for example. And I must say that King alone has 5K employees and is making games nobody in this forum cares about. So technically they have 17K employees in "core" gaming.
Graphical fidelity isn't the only metric in how games are made or how complex they are. Zelda TotK has a very robust physics system with extremely talented artists, musicians/sound designers, animators, programmers, and QA. Super Mario Wonder has fantastic animations and polished game feel which is a lot of work.

There are many examples of small-scale indie teams making their game look good with very little else.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Graphical fidelity isn't the only metric in how games are made or how complex they are. Zelda TotK has a very robust physics system with extremely talented artists, musicians/sound designers, animators, programmers, and QA. Super Mario Wonder has fantastic animations and polished game feel which is a lot of work.

There are many examples of small-scale indie teams making their game look good with very little else.
Not to mention Larian who has 450 employees and created one of the bigger scope games this year, with a lot of high-fidelitness.

Shut0wen

Jesus. It's starting to be confusing.
So Phil Spencer is head of Microsoft Gaming, Sarah Bond is president of Xbox and Booty is president of content and studios.

Under Booty we have
Alan Hartman who is boss of Xbox Game Studios
Jill Braff who is boss of all Bethesda studios
Rob Kostich who is boss of Activision studios
Mike Ybarra who is boss of Blizzard
Tjodolf Sommestad who is boss of King

So what's the point of keeping Jamie Leder as CEO of Bethesda if his studios have their own boss?
Its all weird, im guessing bethesda kinda has the same contract as bungie did years ago? I mean they were able to leave MS and become independent years ago instead of consently making halo

Jesus. It's starting to be confusing.
So Phil Spencer is head of Microsoft Gaming, Sarah Bond is president of Xbox and Booty is president of content and studios.

Under Booty we have
Alan Hartman who is boss of Xbox Game Studios
Jill Braff who is boss of all Bethesda studios
Rob Kostich who is boss of Activision studios
Mike Ybarra who is boss of Blizzard
Tjodolf Sommestad who is boss of King

So what's the point of keeping Jamie Leder as CEO of Bethesda if his studios have their own boss?
Imagine the shit show if they all started micro managing everything lol.

Top Bottom