• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joss Whedon is directing Batgirl

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude

dude
Man, I really wanted Joss to make something more worthwhile than another comic book movie after all this time.

Will still watch this though.

Well this is shocking. Hopefully, Whedon can course correct the DC film universe if he doesn't drop out first due to so-called "mutual disagreements". 

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
Why though?

DC needs to fix their cinematic universe in general and stop greenlighting films.

Is the Justice League Dark movie still happening?
Didn't they JUST announce a Nightwing movie (despite dick robin having not been introduced yet)?
Isn't the next Batman movie in trouble right now?
Is Ayer still directing Gotham City Sirens?

This is fucking fantastic news. Absolute best choice for the character.

Yes. I want a Batgirl movie I can take my girls to. I figure they will be 11 and 7 when this comes out. They can easily handle a light PG-13, even now.

I trust Joss not to pull any The Killing Joke style fuckery with Batgirl.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Why though?

DC needs to fix their cinematic universe in general and stop greenlighting films.

Is the Justice League Dark movie still happening?
Didn't they JUST announce a Nightwing movie (despite dick robin having not been introduced yet)?
Isn't the next Batman movie in trouble right now?
Is Ayer still directing Gotham City Sirens?

This is what DC does.

Since the start they've been fixing shit as they go along. Batman starts as a killer? No, retconned early on. Superman can't fly? Now he can. Hey,. let's have Shazam, Blue Beetle, The Question etc retroactively join the main universe.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yes. I want a Batgirl movie I can take my girls to. I figure they will be 11 and 7 when this comes out. They can easily handle a light PG-13, even now.

I trust Joss not to pull any The Killing Joke style fuckery with Batgirl.

👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

i think this movie is in good hands

no snyder bullshit, no scenes of leto assaulting barbs

just a solid all ages film with a strong feminist bent. do it whedon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom