• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 3 is Lady Gaga day in Taichung City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Focus Taiwan said:
Taipei, June 16 (CNA) - Taichung Mayor Jason Hu announced Thursday that July 3 will be the central Taiwan city's "Lady Gaga Day" to coincide with the American pop idol's first visit to the special municipality.

"We have spent a great deal of time and energy inviting Lady Gaga to visit Taichung and we are very pleased to see the success of our efforts... Therefore, we are determined to designate the day as `Lady Gaga Day,'" said Hu, a veteran diplomat who once served as the country's foreign minister.

The city government will throw a party to welcome Lady Gaga, during which Hu will present her with the keys to the city.

"During the event, Lady Gaga might meet the media and I will represent our city in bestowing upon her the keys to the city," Hu said.

Later in the day, the singer is expected to hold an album launch at the Taichung Arena, also known as the Taichung City Fulfillment Amphitheater.

As part of the city's efforts to upgrade its international profile, Hu said, Taichung has welcomed several pop superstars from home and abroad, including China, to perform at its landmark amphitheater.

Sponsored by the Taichung city government and Mercedes-Benz Taiwan, Lady Gaga is scheduled to stay in Taiwan from July 1-5 to promote her latest album "Born This Way."

As Lady Gaga is known for her eccentric fashion sense, Hu said he would not be surprised by whatever outrageous outfits she might wear during her performance at the Taichung Arena.

Fans who have purchased the singer's latest album are entitled to vie for the 4,000 tickets to see their idol at the amphitheater, said Brian Yang, an assistant promotion manager from Universal Music Taiwan, on Wednesday.

He further said that while Lady Gaga will sing some songs from her new album, the event is not a concert, so fans should not expect a full-on show.
Source

Your uncultured faves probably can't even book a bowl of ramen soup.

ejfo6b.jpg

mclaren777

I'm surprised by her popularity, especially given that I don't even recognize her well enough to pick her out of a crowd.

GG-Duo

mclaren777 said:
I'm surprised by her popularity, especially given that I don't even recognize her well enough to pick her out of a crowd.

Her music is very visual and she's on a big international label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom