• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

ARRRREEEEE YOOOUUUUU REEEEAAAADDDDYYYY for another CZW themed OT!!! (required listening)

Welcome, friends, to another month of ULTRAVIOLENCE appreciation.

ibcUafuR8UN0rr.png

i59mceT8GpWm9.gif
itIPF4rjCxArv.gif
iXYeYOcDnKD3r.gif

SWERVE MOTHERFUCKERS.

icCSyjpVLfFeC.gif

Yes, I wasted an OT title just to do that. Don't judge me dammit!
igXsLLJecvXIQ.gif

Actual required listening while reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fIo4Nd2dC4 (CZW Theme is still dope though)

This thread is actually all about one magnificent WWE Superstar, and most importantly, a magnificent human being.

iLjcbKay6tztQ.png

From Wikipedia:
John Felix Anthony Cena (/ˈsiːnə/; born April 23, 1977) is an American professional wrestler, bodybuilder, rapper, and actor signed to WWE where he has held a record number of top championships. He has been described as "the face of the WWE for a long time" and one of the most polarizing and divisive figures in WWE (or even professional wrestling) history, despite playing a heroic character for the majority of his career

And let's not forget, friend Sina is also a record holding Make A Wish wish granter. So if you hate him, that means you hate dying kids.

Truth be told, I wanted to make an Eva Marie OT for the longest time. However, I think as a new up and comer, John Sina deserves a moment in the spotlight. I'm sure that the #Queen would understand.

Let's talk about John for a bit.

As an absolute technician and master of the ring, friend Sina still never forgets to keep it fun and playful.

i22OBVK6CjvvA.jpg

He's a master of the mic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hMYEdJYeQU&index=3
(Literally the only good thing to come out of Star Wars)

Still has the most convincing facial expressions in the WWE today:
iU3BHLVdSPvva.gif
ibku3o3M5wL2gw.gif

Will respect the hell out of you no matter what:
ibjVCSbY5IEnn2.gif

And damn if the eye candy isn't a little hard to resist from time to time:
igDXBQWzSCaii.gif

Outside the ring, John Cena is currently romantically linked to WWE Diva Nikki Bella:
i8DaxUZkShNQe.jpg

He’s also an accomplished actor:
iLhVNvODj2EKc.jpg

Is responsible for producing hit heartwarming songs such as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUZDyH2wIeU

And just last night in the Sina in the Bank Special Event PPV, John Cena became a 15 time world title holder. Quite an impressive number for this new talent.
ibtzegfXrOAIAN.jpg
iO60LR634lhWz.jpg

Truly a better person than all of us combined.

Current Wrasslin’ Events:

June Wall O' Shame:

Yes, I’m using the white theme. Suck it, friends.

OT1
ibvpHrWngmAbTr.png

OT2
ibjxWMOhbUZb4k.png

WWE Newz:

Roman Reigns is still not ready for the main event, but is ready for Main Event with the 3 moves he knows.

Bray Wyatt still got no pearls in his pants.

Dean Ambrose doing his best abusive alcoholic father cosplay. Has a bright future ahead of him.

Seth Rollins needed Kane’s help in 2014 in order to win a match. ‘Nuff said.

Daniel Bryan is a bitter hobo cunt that tried to assassinate Bo Dallas’ character.

Randy Orton still exists much to everyone’s surprise. Had a tremendous showing in the championship ladder match.

RDV is still the Whole Show F’N.

Rusev is still a fat tub o’ shit.

Real Americans turned face and Thwagger is getting a push. Putting other wrestlers out of action is the way to go it seems.

Big E has given up, and stole John Cena’s black preacher voice.

Fandango and Ziggler are having the time of their lives. Burial? What burial?

Paige’s theme is better than Paige.

AJ is back. The Nation mourns the death of WWE.
ibu3vpeYiD7gBp.jpg
ibu3vpeYiD7gBp.jpg
ibu3vpeYiD7gBp.jpg
ibu3vpeYiD7gBp.jpg

Chris Jericho returned and berried the Miz. The Nation celebrates.

Stephanie and Lord Haitch still doing the best work of their respective careers.
iwWEwIQvGkjI8.gif

The new WWE 2K15 cover has been revealed, and it’s Sinalicious:
iw1cf8lN6q82x.jpg

With reverse cover:
iAh89xDiRIH2c.jpg

NXT Newz:
A new tag team debuted called the Vaudevill…you know what? Fuck this NXT shit.
ihc1UHXrlnvus.png

TNA Newz:
iSkkAtPWQtsAf.gif

WrassleGAF Members Newz:
Like his favorite hobo warrior, WrassleGAF member “Dr. Duncan Steel, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Embrace the Cenation” has recently undergone successful wrist surgery. We are all thankful for that. However, Bish and Evilore have threatened to strip him of his medical license if he doesn’t resume his duties in the GAFHospital before the August OT comes along.

jred2k has also been recently future endeavored. Hopefully not for long. This one’s for you, friend.
iba7ldLHaUQUpl.gif

That’s it for me. But before I leave you, friends, remember to always B A *
iMCGSxZFLURzh.jpg

Non-WWE Promotions:

Indy Wrestling: lolindywrestling
Japan: LARIATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's all you need to know.

Well, in Japan we've got a couple of iPPVs from Dragon Gate;

www.ustream.tv/dragongate

7/3/2014 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall - $15
0. Kenichiro Arai, Jimmy Kanda vs. Shisa BOY, Ryotsu Shimizu
1. Punch Perm contra Punch Perm ~Loser Gets Punch Perm Match: Chihiro Tominaga vs. "Mr. High Tension" Kotoka
*The loser must change their hair to a punch perm hairstyle, and return later in the show to show it to the fans
2. Cyber Kong, Kzy, Mondai Ryu vs. Don Fujii, Gamma, "Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa
3. 3 Way Match: U-T, Yosuke♡Santa Maria vs. Dragon Kid, K-ness vs. Jimmy Kagetora, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin
4. Masato Yoshino, Ricochet vs. Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!
5. MONSTER EXPRESS vs. MAD BLANKEY 6 Man Tag Team Match: Akira Tozawa, Shingo Takagi, Uhaa Nation vs. T-Hawk, Eita, Flamita
6. Special Tag Match: YAMATO, Naruki Doi vs. BxB Hulk, BxB Masa (Masaaki Mochizuki)

7/20/2014 Hyogo, Kobe World Kinen Hall ~Kobe Pro Wrestling Festival 2014~ - $25
-Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Flamita vs. Dragon Kid
-Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: Akira Tozawa, Shingo Takagi vs. T-Hawk, Eita
-Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: YAMATO vs. BxB Hulk

While New Japan have the 24th G1 Climax Tournament, 12 shows with 22 wrestlers competing between July 21st and August 10th;

www.ustream.tv/njpw

NCAKpTP.png

Block A:
1. Hiroshi Tanahashi
2. Satoshi Kojima
3. Yuji Nagata
4. Kota Ibushi
5. Katsuyori Shibata
6. Shinsuke Nakamura
7. Tomohiro Ishii
8. Shelton Benjamin
9. Doc Gallows
10. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
11. Bad Luck Fale

Block B:
1. Togi Makabe
2. Hirooki Goto
3. Tetsuya Naito
4. Hiroyoshi Tenzan
5. Kazuchika Okada
6. Toru Yano
7. Minoru Suzuki
8. Lance Archer
9. AJ Styles
10. Yujiro Takahashi
11. Karl Anderson

Gorillaz

An OT swerve

The Cenation is 5 steps ahead of everyone else.

Even threw in AllRedEverything
tumblr_myqu06lOGF1s0teago1_400.gif
?

This is better than a B+, I love it

Vylash

Great OT, Brother Bionic. However I only counted a total of 12 John Sina pictures, while he is a 15 time world champion. Are the other three pictures going to be added later, or are they invisible, therefore tying into his world famous catchphrase of "You Can't See Me" ?

Thank you for the kind words, friends. I hope you enjoyed reading the OT as much as I enjoyed making it.

I'm still soaking this one in and smiling, friend, but shouldn't John Sina's time be now o'clock?

You do actually make a great point, friend. I will have to rectify that in future revisions.

Great OT, Brother Bionic. However I only counted a total of 12 John Sina pictures, while he is a 15 time world champion. Are the other three pictures going to be added later, or are they invisible, therefore tying into his world famous catchphrase of "You Can't See Me" ?

Great work Brother Cure, you discovered the hidden SWERVE in the OP.
Well I haven't actually considered that, but still...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think Cena will save us from Roman Reigns in the main event.

and if he doesn't? ....Feed Roman to the Swaggie.

Browny

Banned
Beautiful OT work!!! A swerve, Cena, poo and dancing.

tensaig3uqc.gif

Rather looking forward to catching highlights of G1 (and Bootaay's guide).

Not looking forward to Battleground (which will likely be half-arsed rematches and filler).

Thanks for the shout out acknowledging the surgery, friend.

You're still a cunt for calling Bryan a cunt, you cunt.

This was as nightmarish as I could've possibly imagined when I heard Bionic was making the OT and more.

You'll pay for your sin(a)s.

you cunt

B0Vq9Yt.jpg

I clicked one of the links for the hell of it. Dude was trying to get out of a tree of woe and gets nailed in the head with a chair, and a stream of blood is shooting out of his head.

alright then.

Kenta Kobashi (c) vs Akira Taue - GHC Heavyweight Title - (NOAH 2004/09/10)

This match is awesome for a number of reasons, but mostly because people always underrate Akira Taue. The show wasn't a sell-out and the crowd were in no way buying that Taue could win the title. Even when he takes the advantage in the early going, they aren't all that into it, just waiting for Kobashi to do his thing. But this is goddamn grumpy Taue at his best and it soon becomes apparent that he's putting in a career performance, as Kobashi struggles to get ANY offence in. Taue's relentless in his attack, but once the big guns are expended and he still hasn't managed to put Kobashi away, the tide turns and it becomes a matter of survival for him, busting out every counter in the book to try and get the win. The near-falls in the finishing sequence are so perfect and the finish itself is magical, with the crowd super into it by the end. Fucking loved this match.

Taue.gif

Vylash

Upon returning from shooting the new WWE Studios movie "Vendetta," Big Show could potentially be feuding with Rusev.

iVfmNXwHNPb1g.gif

Depending on when Daniel Bryan returns from his neck injury, there is discussion of continuing his feud with Kane. Also, Randy Orton's name has come up recently as a potential feud for Bryan when he is cleared to compete.

iVfmNXwHNPb1g.gif

According to PWInsider.com, Chris Jericho's return to WWE is scheduled through Night of Champions in September.

iVfmNXwHNPb1g.gif

Rusev might as well feud with Big Show after Jack Swagger's done with him. He's gonna need to rebuild credibility, and beating the Big Show might restore it.

Top Bottom