• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We can all agree the highlight of tonight was Eva Marie's entrance, right?

Only one redhead was the highlight of the night
tumblr_oay9p509oN1u1ljrzo2_540.gif

Im genuinely entertained by heath and dolph. Two guys who never had a chance on raw

Even Breeze and fandango have a lot of potential. Guys like Tye dillinger will be great on SD.

I believe in Smackdown, as barren as the roster is

He's more of a guy who brings the title down to his level. Adding the guy whose last 2 years of matches consists of losing in pre-show matches to dick punches and bad comedy just makes it obvious which title is the B-title.

But he doesn't have to be. Guys can and have been rebuilt before. It just takes time and commitment. Whether they'll do that remains to be seen, but tonight was a good start.

Hey Blue, you better sign THE hottest free agent in sports entertainment, I mean, you have to

Right?
Heath is my man, I have big plans for him, stay tuned. I'm disappointed that SD doesn't have Jericho but he and Miz are kind of similar so I guess it works out.

T.A.L

I like that Dolph is getting a chance. I'll like when bray attacks him before the match and takes his spot.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Is Vince capable of kicking his own ass at his age? I must say, I'm impressed!
Didn't Ziggles straight up job to Zack Ryder in a nothing match last week? Now he's the #1 contender for the WWE title.
I think fans want logical builds that have creative effort and make sense. Not this draw a name out of a hat nonsense.

Hah! Good point. But this was some next level terrible. The announcers were completely incompatible with each other, the camera work was atrocious, and like you mentioned, Ziggler being the #1 contender without any sort of build to it? Christ.

Valentus

I wonder if Eva can still give a call to this guys...

I think SD make the priorities wrong... introducing the divas (theres no way in hell ill call these ladies wrestlers) instead of american alpha, so much segments instead of pure wrestling (raw had only the initial segment of foley and steph and then zero)... it wasnt THAT BAD, but yesterday was really awesome and one would thought that tonight could be at least as good as raw.

I hope it gets better next week.

Barrage

It wasnt a horrible show, it just followed a classic and expectations were high.

My biggest problems were:

-that divas division is clownshoes
-complete burial of the IC title by having Orton not give a fuck about it
-why Rhyno why

But Shelton is coming, so all is forgiven.

Valentus

you know alexa bliss will be shopping with eva marie in total divas next season, and you will love it

He needs to get his own super kick shit. Everyone has ruined the superkick thing imo. Especially when I have to see if more than 5 times in a match.

when the young bucks superkick even the camera, everybody loses their minds. But when good'ol ziggler superkicks somebody, everybody gets furious.

He needs to get his own super kick shit. Everyone has ruined the superkick thing imo. Especially when I have to see if more than 5 times in a match.
Everyone did them last night. Rusev, Owens, I think outside of Michaels himself Ziggler might be the only time it's used to finish a match which makes sense because Ziggler is slowly becoming HBK.

Everyone did them last night. Rusev, Owens, I think outside of Michaels himself Ziggler might be the only time it's used to finish a match which makes sense because Ziggler is slowly becoming HBK.
HBK said it himself, Ziggler needs to be his own person. Stop copying Shawn, he'll never be him. It's a parody now.

Cagey

Banned
you know alexa bliss will be shopping with eva marie in total divas next season, and you will love it

when the young bucks superkick even the camera, everybody loses their minds. But when good'ol ziggler superkicks somebody, everybody gets furious.
You see it's different because the Young Bucks subvert the clichés by embracing them.

The Summerslam card already seems pretty great from a match quality perspective.

Seth vs. Finn
Brock vs. Orton
Ambrose vs. Ziggler
AJ vs. Cena
Charlotte vs. Sasha
New Day vs. Gallows/Anderson

I think the most obnoxious part of the "women's interference" segment was the fact that they weren't even introduced as wrestlers. It was "I have attitude" "No I have attitude" "No I do" "Excuse me folks but this red haired woman has attitude"

It was a diva's segment

I don't think Carmella is ready.....at all. Would love to be proven wrong

I think the most obnoxious part of the "women's interference" segment was the fact that they weren't even introduced as wrestlers. It was "I have attitude" "No I have attitude" "No I do" "Excuse me folks but this red haired woman has attitude"

It was a diva's segment

I don't think Carmella is ready.....at all. Would love to be proven wrong
Those brief five seconds when I thought we'd get a Becky-Alexa feud...

tumblr_inline_o533tgwdOw1td6a19_500.gif

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
New Smackdown seemed like old Raw. Young talent not being put over, refs fucking with the result, the announce table is by the ring ...

Uh... did you watch Raw last night? I literally cannot think of a better first show back than that Raw.

I've been following wrestling through this thread and YouTube recaps for the past few months, but yes, tonight was the first show I've seen aired in years.

I actually thought Smackdown was still on Thursdays

Smackdown was ok.

I wonder if they plan on having a Women's and Tag title on the show though. Because what would they be fighting over? A Fig Newton?

Top Bottom