• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
last time I did the lethal lottery av, someone just submitted an existing av and I got that one.

weak ass shit.

I hope you reg, because your avatar is poopy and you need a new one.

Hama-Chan comin' for you

somedevil

Well Rollins knee to Cena's face has finally caused him to actually sell an injury:

We noted before that WWE United States Champion John Cena has been pulled from some weekend WWE live events, next Monday's RAW and August's tour of Australia, due to the broken nose suffered this week. Cena has also been pulled from the August 10th RAW in Everett, Washington and all live events that weekend. Cena is still advertised for the final RAW before SummerSlam on August 17th from Minneapolis.

So no Cena live for over two weeks. They might do via satellite stuff but man that knee must of destroyed his nose.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cross-posting my short review of D-Bry's book:

51%2B5CFPE7NL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Daniel Bryan’s Yes!: My Improbable Journey to the Main Event of WrestleMania is a great retelling of the career of WWE’s most unlikely of recent world champions. He tells earnestly about his career, the people that helped him throughout it and also of the people and events that didn’t quite go his way. From highs as champion of Ring of Honor, to lows like getting hired and fired from WWE developmental in the early 00s. Daniel Bryan’s voice echoes throughout the book and, despite a few f-bombs here and there, comes off about as nice as his in-ring persona seems.

The story itself is both written by Bryan himself, as well as writer Craig Tello, who starts each chapter with a third person narration of Daniel Bryan and his -then soon-to-be- wife Brie Bryan’s final few days leading up to Daniel’s big WrestleMania 30 moment, leading into Daniel Bryan’s own first person chronological retelling of his life and career. It paints a perfect picture of the man that Daniel Bryan is, his vision on wrestling and how his career unfolded. It is, in that sense, the perfect book.

The narration of Craig Tello’s portion of the book is read by Peter Berkrot and, honestly, leaves much to be desired. Berkrot reads the parts as if he were reading a big fantasy, trying to put much more emotion into the narration than is needed and expected. It is very distracting and takes a lot away from what is being said. Luckily, those parts only serve as the introduction to the meat of the story, Daniel Bryan’s parts. Those, are read by Daniel Bryan himself and his narration is, as one would expect from an autobiography, natural. Often, and accurately, described in the book as soft-spoken, Daniel Bryan reads his tale as if he were sitting next to you and telling you his stories in normal conversation. His emotion clearly ringing through his voice, especially when the subject turns to his wife or deceased father. Giving his narration an extra dimension over regular narration.

All in all, if you like Daniel Bryan, or pro-wrestling in general, Yes! is pretty much the perfect book. Focussing mostly on Bryan’s wrestling career and sidestepping where needed in his personal life, it provides a unique and uncensored look on an unlikely WrestleMania Main Eventer and on the backstage life of wrestler in both the independent scene, as well as the WWE.

ktwy7q0.png

I need to find a wrasslin' show to go to in August. I've made it to 12 so far this year, and managed a streak of at least 1 per month, I'd hate to break that.

jred2k

ktwy7q0.png

I need to find a wrasslin' show to go to in August. I've made it to 12 so far this year, and managed a streak of at least 1 per month, I'd hate to break that.

I'm going to go to see my first show of the local indie in Ottawa on August 15th. I don't know what to expect from this card.

Main Event #1
Trios Match
Ultimo Dragon
&
The Super Smash Brothers
(Player Uno & Stu Grayson)
&
Vs.
Pinkie Sanchez
&
EYFBO
(Mike Draztik & Angel Ortiz)

Main Event #2
Special Challenge
C*4 Champion
“Dirty” Buxx Belmar
Vs.
Roderick Strong

First Time Ever
2 Cold Scorpio
Vs.
“MVP” Michael Von Payton

Inter-Species Wrestling Championship
ISW Champion
Izzie Deadyet
Vs.
ISW Tag Team Champion & CZW Tag Team Champion
Dan Barry

Special Challenge
“The Curse” Cecil Nyx
Vs.
Addy Starr

Fighting Back Invitational
Announced Participants
Tabarnak De Team
(Mathieu St. Jacques & Thomas Dubois)
Angie Skye
Mr. Jonathan Rukin
Gabriel Fuerza
“The Neon Ninja” Façade
“The Over-dog” Sebastian Suave
Evan Adams
Vanessa Kraven

Special Challenge
CZW Academy Graduate
George Gatton
Vs.
IWS Owner
PCP Crazy F’n Manny

Kaladin

ktwy7q0.png

A friend of mine who was at the TNA tapings said the Genesis PPV stuff was a swerve to fake out people posting spoilers and will never air.

Browny

Banned
In for the Lottery. And I have a free weekend to find suitable candidates. Last time I picked Karl Anderson in the hope that Stro would join in. Poor Hasney.

I'm going to go to see my first show of the local indie in Ottawa on August 15th. I don't know what to expect from this card.

Looks pretty good! Main event looks fun, Scorpio could still go when ilast saw him, though that was 8 years ago now, I enjoy Addy Starr, Vanessa Kraven is supposed to be good, and Roddy is having the year or two of his career.

It's tough to see wrestlers you like being proud of their work in TNA, knowing that you're never going to watch it because TNA is fucking tainted filth. Whenever people wish TNA would die 'the boys' get all "more places to work is better for everyone" and, while that's true, I can see what's in it for them to go work at TNA: money. But what's in it for me as a fan? This is a promotion that I've given up on more times than I can count, a promotion that's consistently bungled everything it touches for years upon years now, what the fuck do I get out of devoting my time and energy to T N fucking A in the year of our lord (Zandig) two thousand and fifteen? A headache, probably. A heightened sense of self-loathing. An assured feeling that I've wasted my time entirely. Not worth it.

RP912

Banned
Other contenders so far this year:

Her Story
Cities: Skylines
Life Is Strange
Axiom Verge
Box Boy!
Puzzles & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition

Only game I played out of this list and agreed.

1. The Witcher 3
2. Project CARS
3. Rocket League
4. Cities Skylines
5. Fallout 4- Yes I know it didn't come out yet but still...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Only game I played out of this list and agreed.

1. The Witcher 3
2. Project CARS
3. Rocket League
4. Cities Skylines
5. Fallout 4- Yes I know it didn't come out yet but still...

Fallout 4 huh. A game you haven't played...cmon now. It's Bethesda. At its core, it'll be garbage. But it might give you the escape you wish for.

My GOTY Fave Five is something like this:

1. Life is Strange
2. Tales from the Borderlands (it's seriously incredible, so much better than Borderlands games. TT's best offering to date. And it's not even done yet! It's that goddamn good)
3. Her Story
4. Sunset
5. Convoy

I dunno it's been a weird year. Witcher 3 isn't on my list for a bunch of reasons even though I'm enjoying it.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 deserves a mention though...

Heel

I'm waiting on Life Is Strange to wrap up, but looking forward to giving that a go.

Gonna throw OllilOlli 2 into the discussion. Similar to Rocket League, in that it's a very rewarding skill progression and the "fuck fuck fuck!" factor is very high.

I'd recommend anyone who got it on PS+ to dedicate a solid hour to learning the mechanics. Just a wonderful kideo once it starts clicking.

I'm waiting on Life Is Strange to wrap up, but looking forward to giving that a go.

Gonna throw OllilOlli 2 into the discussion. Similar to Rocket League, in that it's a very rewarding skill progression and the "fuck fuck fuck!" factor is very high.

I'd recommend anyone who got it on PS+ to dedicate a solid hour to learning the mechanics. Just a wonderful kideo once it starts clicking.

I played the original, and it doesn't feel different enough from the original to get much of my time and attention.

In context, what do Tactics Ogre and Let Us Cling Together have to do with each other? It's not as bad as 358/2 Days (for which Tanahashi's 1/100 "once in a century talent" surely is to blame), but it just flows awkwardly like it's a diss track by Meek Mill.

Kaladin

My GOTY Fav Five
1- Bloodborne
2- Bloodborne
3- Bloodborne
4- (Spot reserved for Mario Maker)
5- Godzilla (PS4)

How is that Godzilla game? I've looked at it, but weary of it being a licensed product and all.

Only two games I have played from this year are MLB 15 The Show and Dying Light, which are both great.

Sephzilla

How is that Godzilla game? I've looked at it, but weary of it being a licensed product and all.

Only two games I have played from this year are MLB 15 The Show and Dying Light, which are both great.

Must be a terrible year when a 2/10 like Godzilla can make a Fav Five.

Godzilla is only good if you're a hardcore Godzilla fan. Its repetitive as fuck and could be a lot better, but the people who made it clearly put a lot of attention into little details that hardcore fans would catch and love.

Heel

I played the original, and it doesn't feel different enough from the original to get much of my time and attention.

The addition of manuals changes the game considerably when you approach each level as an opportunity to create one single, gigantic combo. The flow of the game is unreal once you reach that level of play.

The soundtrack is a bit of a letdown compared to the original, though.

Godzilla is only good if you're a hardcore Godzilla fan. Its repetitive as fuck and could be a lot better, but the people who made it clearly put a lot of attention into little details that hardcore fans would catch and love.

So because it has a load of fanservice that automatically makes it a good game despite all of it's other glaring flaws? Sounds like the logic of a Vita owner to me...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My GOTY Fav Five
1- Bloodborne
2- Bloodborne
3- Bloodborne
4- (Spot reserved for Mario Maker)
5- Godzilla (PS4)

Bloodborne up there huh

sa7ceAH.gif

I wish you had broader horizons. Only Souls game I just simply didn't care enough about to bother trying to finish.

Top Bottom