• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JUNE! Comics OT Before Four Dollar Books and Toasters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Avenger will the Phoenix force posses? Will Alan Moore secretly enjoy Before Watchmen? What landscape changing event will occur when Peter Parker and Black Spider-man come face to face? Which Iconic character is gay? Woozy Winks? Why we still got paper comics? What does it all mean?

75604-42606-alan-moore_large.jpg

tm24

I approve of the OT title

Also, betting on Alan Scott, who is no way iconic and will be mocked for having his power source come from a green flame

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Seriously looking forward to Dial H for Hero #2. The first was completely fucking weird and completely compelling.

I'm still deciding whether or not to pick it up. I liked the first issue decently enough, but I want to buy Astonishing X-Men 51 and whatever issue of whatever series the gay DC hero is in, so Dial H might get passed on.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Why capitalize and focus on June instead of comics? I'm much more likely to scan the page for the latter rather than the former.

Anyway...looks like a pretty boring month of trades for me. Just a couple New 52 ones and the TMNT Micro-series book. Ah well, that's much needed time to eat into my backlog.

kswiston

Why capitalize and focus on June instead of comics? I'm much more likely to scan the page for the latter rather than the former.

Anyway...looks like a pretty boring month of trades for me. Just a couple New 52 ones and the TMNT Micro-series book. Ah well, that's much needed time to eat into my backlog.

I think he was trying to be clever by switching the capitalization and exclamation from comics to the month, but it's going to make it harder to find this thread at a glance this month :/

Hopefully AvX picks up with next weeks' issue. The first act is done, so it's about time they move on with the plot.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, if I wanted to start reading Iron Man, where would I begin? Does he have an origin story somewhere? What about the best of Iron Man?

So, if I wanted to start reading Iron Man, where would I begin? Does he have an origin story somewhere? What about the best of Iron Man?

I would suggest Iron Man Extremis, his origin is updated in it. Then read Matt Fraction's run from the beginning. People dislike the art but Fraction writes good stories.

She's canceling the series early? Good call.
Nope. She's going to make them all sit down at a round table and engage in a civilized debate on the merits and dangers of the Phoenix Force coming to Earth and inhabiting a host once again. This debate will span the next three issues; one devoted to "pros", one for "cons", and one for closing statements and a final judgement. The winners of the debate will receive a medium-sized gold trophy; the losers, a certificate of participation. Also, one of them will be killed.

Angel will be thrilled beyond words. Uatu will fall asleep and fail in his duties for the first time EVER.

So money. :O

Here's my pull list. I only started buying floppies regularly last year because I didn't want to wait for the tpb to see how The Boys ended, so it's mostly newer titles.

The Boys
Saga
Secret
Smoke and Mirrors
Stitched
Strain
Thief of Thieves
Transformers More Than Meets the Eye
Transformers Robots in Disguise
Walking Dead
Whispers

It's also interesting to me that most of them start with S or T.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
my god I wish AvsX would get all meta and Wanda just turns up to wisper "No More Hope ;)" or something. I want my non-event fucked WatXM back please.

I dont even get why the Avengers are fighting the X-Men there since their objective is right behind them and its kind of too fucking late for either side. Arrrrrrhhhhh.

ReiGun

The Phoenix Force is right there, as is Hope, and only Wolverine seems to care. Might as well just call the series "How Wolverine (and Scarlet Witch apparently) Saved Everyone."

notworksafe

Nope. She's going to make them all sit down at a round table and engage in a civilized debate on the merits and dangers of the Phoenix Force coming to Earth and inhabiting a host once again. This debate will span the next three issues; one devoted to "pros", one for "cons", and one for closing statements and a final judgement. The winners of the debate will receive a medium-sized gold trophy; the losers, a certificate of participation. Also, one of them will be killed.

Angel will be thrilled beyond words. Uatu will fall asleep and fail in his duties for the first time EVER.

This I would actually buy.

tm24

So Bendis will be writing this issue than?

Speaking of talking heads, Civil War: the Confession is one of my favorite issues of anything.

MisterHero

I think either Ultimate Universe gets ditched and Miles goes to main continuity or they switch universes. The latter would be neat.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I think either Ultimate Universe gets ditched and Miles goes to main continuity or they switch universes. The latter would be neat.

There is no advantage to them switching places. You just end up with a homeless kid who misses his family. I expect it to end like spider man/spider man 2099 did.

Subscribed.

Also, Rafa=Fedkilla doesn't know how to do this:

|

That's like the only requirement to being the OP of an official thread and you failed. Like 'worse-than-Plywood' failed.

Satch

Banned
lol this thread is off to a bad start

edit: also why the fuck didnt you guys tell me Animal Man was so scary

i had an incredibly difficult time getting to sleep last night

MisterHero

Never noticed that USM was so short...and that he had such tiny fingers.
He's younger than Ultimate Peter was, and regular Peter is a somewhat tall guy

if anything, Miles isn't short enough?

Still, I like that their first thought is to fight.

ReiGun

The only bad thing about the OP is that Alan Moore picture is creeping me the fuck out. Like he's staring into my soul. The sooner we get off page one, the better.

the chris

is this how comicbook thread op's are now? ugh.

Is Thunderbolts still going?

Been retitled 'Dark Avengers' I believe and has Ragnarok(Thor cyborg/clone)Skaar(Hulk's Son) and an Aztec spider god that looks kind of like the black Spider-Man suit with six arms along with the returning cast from Thunderbolts.
EWs07.jpg

Owzers

The only bad thing about the OP is that Alan Moore picture is creeping me the fuck out. Like he's staring into my soul. The sooner we get off page one, the better.

Two things i'd change: Add the covers to the first round of Before Watchmen books and maybe Watchmen Babies since we never get tired of it, and have the title read Comics! OT June something something something Before Watchmen makes Alan Moore Cry. Starting the title with June i presume makes people miss that it's the comics OT. But i complain about everything...

In non-complaining comic things, i read the first Li'l Depressed Boy trade and mostly liked it, though it kind of felt like nerd paradise with a predictable ending, but it WAS still a fun read.

SUPREME1

Banned
Been retitled 'Dark Avengers' I believe and has Ragnarok(Thor cyborg/clone)Skaar(Hulk's Son) and an Aztec spider god that looks kind of like the black Spider-Man suit with six arms along with the returning cast from Thunderbolts.
EWs07.jpg

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom