• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World 2: More animatronics, scarier story, 'not about militarized dinosaurs'

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no context. With 'something new' are you referring to CGI? Huh.

Situations, like say the stuff in the jungle with the raptors, Owen riding alongside them. Stuff like that is a bit harder to pull off. Like I said, context. Every effects situation isn't the same and boast different challenges.

Situations, like say the stuff in the jungle with the raptors, Owen riding alongside them. Stuff like that is a bit harder to pull off. Like I said, context. Every effects situation isn't the same and boast different challenges.

I think a lot of the criticism comes from people did not feel like it was very new.

All sounds good so far, although I really enjoyed JW anyway but more practical effects is always good and more scary is cool with me too.

There's nothing wrong with what he said, though. JW already addressed the issue, but people are conveniently overlooking the in-universe reason they gave. Depending on how they introduce dinos in JW2, you may or may not see feathers. And since most of the dinosaurs that were introduced were literally created in labs, it would be odd to see them with feathers. But they could probably explain/handwave that with evolution, or "life finds a way."

Not only that but the explanation even came from the original novel.

That being said though I feel re should be at least one species of feathered dinosaur in the movie because the JP films have always been about depicting dinosaurs based on contemporary thinking.

jesu

Kids who saw Jurassic World will be threes years older by JW2. A jump from 9 years old to 12 is huge. It's about making the story grow up for them, and it's why he's bringing in a Spanish horror director.

Makes sense...

Zubz

Banned
Honestly, the biggest improvement I wanted to see was less misogyny with/around the major female characters; that really left a sour taste on an otherwise good movie. I mean, they got Judy Greer, yet her entire character exists to tell the female lead that she is wrong for wanting to stay single and childless.

That said, that was just a strong sticking point. All of this is also important, and all of this is good news. Glad to hear we might get feathered dinosaurs down the road!

As long as the Jurassic World 2 is basically Island of Doctor Morrow but with dinosaurs and the third movie is Planet of the Apes but with dinosaurs. Which they probably won't, but a man can dream.

As long as the Jurassic World 2 is basically Island of Doctor Morrow but with dinosaurs and the third movie is Planet of the Apes but with dinosaurs. Which they probably won't, but a man can dream.

My guess: Pretty sure JW2 will focus on the repressions on a world with dinosaurs, and the sequence of events that see's them getting off the islands in ways that make sense.

JW3 will be about the world where dinosaurs are no longer safely isolated, and will be one of the most dangerous invasive species issues the world has dealt with.

There's mention of militarization in the sequel, but there's also mention of open source and humans living along dinosaurs - he favors the latter for the sequels story.

this sort of seems like a diplomatic way to hint that, yeah, story will be about militarized dinosaurs. he "favors the latter" but it will ultimately come down to what the suits favor, and hollywood loves its shoot shoot bang bang army stuff

this sort of seems like a diplomatic way to hint that, yeah, story will be about militarized dinosaurs. he "favors the latter" but it will ultimately come down to what the suits favor, and hollywood loves its shoot shoot bang bang army stuff

In the full interview he goes way deeper into detail: he admits that elements of militarization idea are present in the sequel, but they're hardly the focus and not leading to a dino soldier plot or movie.

If I had to guess, we're going to see InGen continue to try to create trainable super dinos, but it's never going to be fully realized (as in we're not ever going to see dinosaurs in military operations). I imagine this plot will run parallel to the main story, whatever direction that goes.

Whatever your thoughts on Jurassic World, I can 100% say it's not being written or influenced by a Hollywood committee the way some like to imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom