• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just heard the 'Barbie World' song....

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I love Aqua...and they have a pretty great few albums. I knew they would be involved with this movie somehow. BUT....I haven't seen the movie and I know there is this 'Barbie World' attached to it. (please let me know if there are any Aqua references in the movie..or the song). But the song is terrible. I am all for a new take on old songs, but there is nothing special, catchy or interesting about the rapping in the song. Yeah, Aqua is in the background but other than that this 'song' has nothing to do with Barbie or the Barbie Girl song (I'm actually mad at them for allowing the use of their song in the backing vocals.)

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Now have kids that love it and want you to play it every time we drive somewhere and welcome to my life

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I stayed away from all that barbie shit and damn, wtf?? I can't describe how uncomfortable Nicki Minaj makes me, she's just a very vulgar piece of plastic.

Now have kids that love it and want you to play it every time we drive somewhere and welcome to my life
How is this a song for children?? I know it's hard to escape fads but still... And yeah I know I sound like an old men yelling at clouds.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
They’re too young to understand any of the innuendos
And then suddenly, when they understand the lyrics, they stop listening to this crap? I'm doubtful but then again, it's your kids so you do what you want.
You know, you build their references day by day, even if they're young.I still remember my mom playing some Queen, Pink Floyd or Carlos Santana and more on the car even if I didn't understood the lyrics. It build my taste for music.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
And then suddenly, when they understand the lyrics, they stop listening to this crap? I'm doubtful but then again, it's your kids so you do what you want.
You know, you build their references day by day, even if they're young.I still remember my mom playing some Queen, Pink Floyd or Carlos Santana and more on the car even if I didn't understood the lyrics. It build my taste for music.
Mark Wahlberg Chill GIF

LemonSawa

Neo Member
At first I didn't like the song, but after watching the movie it kinda grew on me, so now I'm listening to it, it helps a lot that is less than 2 minutes. So it doesn't get annoying but it leave you wanting for more.

Still disappointed that the lyrics are not too Barbie like.
Someone made this remix of both songs, starting with Aqua's and transitioning (so smoothly ) into Nicki's and it's so good.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
"I love Aqua...and they have a pretty great few albums"

and people say not to judge people by their music taste :D

Aqua and "good music" most definitely don't go hand in hand - same thing with Rednex, eiffel 65, Darude, culture beat, snap! and all the other absolutely gob-shite Euro-trash/trance "bands"

God damn boiz

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It's pretty dull. Easy and obvious. I sometimes enjoy Nicki Minaj (although she seems like the kind of artist that will do anything that can pay her fee), but it's a bland track.

Top Bottom