• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Little Mermaid Live Action (no politics)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Watched it yesterday. Arielles skin color was nicely explained by her sisters being of the race from the ocean they represent (oh, Triton, you unfaithfull bastard). But how is Eriks mother also a POC?

And do we know how Meermaids reproduce? Arielle has a belly button! So they are mamals?

The bolded is the one thing that I thought as super stupid and clear that Disney was trying to overly pitch the movie to people like me. I rolled my eyes when I saw that Erik's mom was black. But I'll still give the overall movie a B.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I like Will as the genie. But as of late I can’t stand to even see him anymore. He just rubs me the wrong way now. I always thought he was one of the most likeable guys in Hollywood.

One slap is all It took for him to be basically persona non grata to many people. I guess I can understand it.

Batiman

Banned
One slap is all It took for him to be basically persona non grata to many people. I guess I can understand it.
If it was anyone else it might not of bothered me. But him doing that made me rethink everything I thought I loved about him. I’m sure he’s still a great guy though. Maybe I’ll get over it. Maybe if he reacted better or quicker it could’ve helped. Now after Chris’s stand up, I don’t think that’ll happen anymore.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
If it was anyone else it might not of bothered me. But him doing that made me rethink everything I thought I loved about him. I’m sure he’s still a great guy though. Maybe I’ll get over it. Maybe if he reacted better or quicker it could’ve helped. Now after Chris’s stand up, I don’t think that’ll happen anymore.

Ok question...

What would it take to get you to like him again? It obviously bothered you enough to see him do this on camera... Considering he NEVER did anything like it before... Not one violent outburst. But this one time .. and everything changed for you ... What would he have to do?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Ok question...

What would it take to get you to like him again? It obviously bothered you enough to see him do this on camera... Considering he NEVER did anything like it before... Not one violent outburst. But this one time .. and everything changed for you ... What would he have to do?

Divorce the dumb cunt and apologize for his actions. Also denounce Scientology and put his fortune to actually helping people.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Divorce the dumb cunt and apologize for his actions. Also denounce Scientology and put his fortune to actually helping people.

He apologized... He helps people (he doesn't advertise that often) ... I don't think he's actually a scientologist... Divorce may still come but I don't think any time soon.

Batiman

Banned
Ok question...

Tbh I don’t know. Maybe I’ll get over it over time. I don’t want to come off like some woman hater here but I don’t like jada at all, and honestly feel he’d be a much better person without her. I think she takes advantage of Will and brings the worst out of him.

Who am I to tell him what to do with his life. And I’d come off as an idiot if I’d say I’d only be a fan of his if he divorced her. If probably respect him more though.

Then again we only know so much about these celebs. We don’t see everything. We can only speculate on the little we see of them.

Last edited:
At $250 Million on production alone, I doubt any beautiful white girl would have made more money domestically with TLM either.
Lillis as Ariel and I'm there day one 🥰
91a5601b1cf175a02ad84b263fe3bbce.jpg

Last edited:
Tbh I don’t know. Maybe I’ll get over it over time. I don’t want to come off like some woman hater here but I don’t like jada at all, and honestly feel he’d be a much better person without her. I think she takes advantage of Will and brings the worst out of him.

Who am I to tell him what to do with his life. And I’d come off as an idiot if I’d say I’d only be a fan of his if he divorced her. If probably respect him more though.

Then again we only know so much about these celebs. We don’t see everything. We can only speculate on the little we see of them.
Ever since I saw this video, I felt I've seen enough.

And there's also this:

If that's the kind of disrespectful behavior that she feels justified to present to the public, I can only imagine how toxic of a person she is when the cameras aren't rolling. I don't respect anyone who puts up with that sort of abuse, but I do pity him for it, and the trauma he went though as a child to make him like this. Still, it makes it really hard to consider myself a fan.

Batiman

Banned
Ever since I saw this video, I felt I've seen enough.

And there's also this:

If that's the kind of disrespectful behavior that she feels justified to present to the public, I can only imagine how toxic of a person she is when the cameras aren't rolling. I don't respect anyone who puts up with that sort of abuse, but I do pity him for it, and the trauma he went though as a child to make him like this. Still, it makes it really hard to consider myself a fan.

Ya I feel bad for him. The slap itself wasn’t really the problem. It’s the reaction or non reaction right after and the rest of the show. Dancing, his acceptance etc.

I’ve done shit out of emotion but I’m usually quick to realize i was wrong, be a man and apologize. It doesn’t take a day or week to come up with some justification for it

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Watched it yesterday. Arielles skin color was nicely explained by her sisters being of the race from the ocean they represent (oh, Triton, you unfaithfull bastard). But how is Eriks mother also a POC?

And do we know how Meermaids reproduce? Arielle has a belly button! So they are mamals?
I don't know, but I like the Asian mermaid and the one with pink hair, 😂.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Its like Olivia D'abo from Conan The Destroyer all over again.
What do you mean, she was totally legal in that fil.....(checks google)...OH.MY GOD YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!

Damn, that reframes that entire film for me and Conans reluctance to hear her lamentations makes A LOT more sense.

Edit: But in my defense I was a minor myself when I saw that film so I'm ok :p

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
What's distburbing is you wont ever see Disney talk about the actress who su pplied the movements and face for the original movie. Its very hard to find any info on her unless you know here name. Sherri Stoner

2014120300001298.jpg

Ya I feel bad for him. The slap itself wasn’t really the problem. It’s the reaction or non reaction right after and the rest of the show. Dancing, his acceptance etc.

I’ve done shit out of emotion but I’m usually quick to realize i was wrong, be a man and apologize. It doesn’t take a day or week to come up with some justification for it

All of that was well said, and absolutely true. I saw this video today, and they did a nice job of using Jada for 3, 4, and 5.

Top Bottom