• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just renounced my mother today

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Are you a Muslim? Because kinda sounds like the crap that Muslim parents says to get their kids to obey them.
My first thought was Christian, really. "Honour thy mother and thy father" and all that crap about forcing forgiveness where none is deserved is textbook Christianity.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I feel you. I had a terrible mother.

It's hard but don't feel too bad about it; parents chose to have you and you have no obligation to an terrible parent.
Thank you for this comment.

I never got the sentiment of why someone has to be eternally grateful for good parents. I mean, it's nice of them and all but the question does arise why someone even put children into the world if they don't intend to be good parents. I sure didn't ask mine to. So I figure that it's your obligation to be a good child when your parents are good parents only but not when they're not. End of story.

You should honor your mother and father. I know that at times they don't deserve it or should get that type of treatment but at the end of the day its still the right thing to do and you will be happier that way.

Honor as in treat them with respect despite what they do or say.
No. People who give respect, get respect. People who treat you like shit don't deserve any respect or "honour" - including parents.

You should honor your mother and father. I know that at times they don't deserve it or should get that type of treatment but at the end of the day its still the right thing to do and you will be happier that way.

Honor as in treat them with respect despite what they do or say.

What is this nonsense.

Eject toxic elements out of your life as soon as humanly possible. You don't owe anyone shit.

gaiages

Banned
Starting working on reconciliation. It'll be best for both of you. It may take years but you need your mother in your life.

On a lighter note:

LMAO

No... no one needs any specific person in their life. As has been mentioned multiple times in this thread in response to tr4nce, that sort of thinking is what makes the cycle of abusive behavior continue.

You wouldn't say something like that to a abused spouse in a relationship, a parent shouldn't be an exception just because they bothered to have sex and get pregnant.

Additionally that mentality is sort of rude to people who can't/don't have their mother in their lives due to circumstances beyond their control. What's going to happen to those people exactly, if they NEED a mother in their lives?

Fuck her. Start a new life somewhere else and far from her. You are NEVER gonna be happy if you keep her by your side. That kind of people don't change, trust me OP. They don't.

BajiBoxer

Banned
What is this nonsense.

Eject toxic elements out of your life as soon as humanly possible. You don't owe anyone shit.

10 Commandments. #5 or #6? I'm an Atheist and it's still my initial gut reaction to things like this if I don't take a second to think. I used to be a true believer of Christianity.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Starting working on reconciliation. It'll be best for both of you. It may take years but you need your mother in your life.

On a lighter note:

LMAO

Can't say I agree. If his mother was always this awful, there may be something on a fundamental level of her character that makes reconciliation impossible. Not everyone is redeemable. No reason to stick around so she can fuck up his life beyond repair.

Kenstar

Some people acting like every parent got their child by jumping out of a moving car to save a random newborn infant about to be eaten by wild dogs and deciding to raise it for life

like fucking without protection is something worth honoring in and of itself regardless of future actions

No... no one needs any specific person in their life. As has been mentioned multiple times in this thread in response to tr4nce, that sort of thinking is what makes the cycle of abusive behavior continue.

You wouldn't say something like that to a abused spouse in a relationship, a parent shouldn't be an exception just because they bothered to have sex and get pregnant.

Additionally that mentality is sort of rude to people who can't/don't have their mother in their lives due to circumstances beyond their control. What's going to happen to those people exactly, if they NEED a mother in their lives?

Can't say I agree. If his mother was always this awful, there may be something on a fundamental level of her character that makes reconciliation impossible. Not everyone is redeemable. No reason to stick around so she can fuck up his life beyond repair.

It's not a blanket statement for all people. It's clear he cares about her so she is an important person in his life. Once the pain is at a distance for both of them they can reconcile hopefully.

It's not a blanket statement for all people. It's clear he cares about her so she is an important person in his life. Once the pain is at a distance for both of them they can reconcile hopefully.
This is the mindset of abuse victims. The wives who come back to their husbands because they (and their children) "need" him. That's just one example of this shit. (Also men can be abused too my example was just something that I've seen)

Being bisexual and coming out with that only to have disgust coming from your mom? That's not a normal response. That's not something that can be reconciled IMO.

She already renounced him in the OP. He's just clinging to the dream of a normal relationship. Sadly he's deluding himself.

Top Bottom