• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

RedEther

Somin has left April. She's still with DSP, and April will be a 5 member group.

I'm sure it was a tough decision for her after having finally debuted, but I'm happy she decided this. I didn't feel like April's style suited her. I only hope she gets out of DSP soon because I don't see them doing anything for her.

It would be something if she joined Kara.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wouldn't even surprise me if she joined Kara and DSP eventually said fuck all we're going to have graduation concept.

roaSone

1. Is onehallyu you the best Eng kpop forum?

2. What is your choice for 2015 track of the year?

1. Gaf is my only source of korean pop, it's just so chill here!

2. One track of the year isn't possible for me either.. Here's what I listen at least once on my daily routine.

Boa - Shattered
Mamamoo - Um Oh Ah Yeah
Kisum - You & Me
Stellar - Vibrato
Red Velvet - Cool World
Twice - Do it again
f(x) - 4 Walls
BEG - Wave
OMG - Closer
Big Bang - If You
Wonder Girls - One Black Night
The Ark - The Light
Taeyeon - I

luso

From Taeyon's I think I would prefer more to put on repeat "Gemini" instead of "I"

On other news, Gee MV taken down. SM
Youtube (?)
, please...

JKTrix

Youtube (?)
, please...
Looks like it's back up now (with all of its views gone), but :lol
4f84a27fa7857e871f11e280b6cce718.jpeg

luso

That's the one from SMTOWN, the original was from the old SMEnt channel.
Sunny leaves FM Dating after 1,5 years. That's a 7 day / week show, thinking about it must be crazy and tiring. I guess upcoming activities have a weight for a decision.

K Tahiti released their song "Skip". It's like some kind of Orange Caramel type quirky song, not amazing but eh, cute.

Since it was brought up, here is my list of my fave 2015 kpop songs with my trash taste.

Dal★Shabet - Joker (Lemme rep my girls)
AOA - Heart Attack
4minute - Crazy
Vividiva - Service
Hello Venus - I'm Ill
Stellar - Vibrato
OMG - Closer

Seventeen - Adore u
N-Sonic - Blackout
Legend - Shadow
Myname - Mayday (not a title track)
History - Slow Down (ditto ^)

No No Eul

Somin has left April. She's still with DSP, and April will be a 5 member group.

I'm sure it was a tough decision for her after having finally debuted, but I'm happy she decided this. I didn't feel like April's style suited her. I only hope she gets out of DSP soon because I don't see them doing anything for her.

Yeah, given how April turned out, I suppose this is probably for the best. I just hope she gets a second third fourth chance elsewhere. If she did join Kara, that would be pretty amazing.

I still can't quite understand how DSP managed to screw up the formation of April so badly though. Could it really have been so difficult to take the six remaining trainees from Kara Project and put them in a group together? Then again...

DSP gonna DSP I guess...

T__T

Pendulum

I was just about to post that. I feel like something weird is going on. Why would the leader leave the group after just one song but still stay under DSP?

Contract? Same as why Jessica wasn't out of SM immediately after being booted from SNSD. I also thought about Somin joining Kara (and which would be the preferable option), but I don't have faith in DSP.

---

EXID:

---

MAP6 - Storm(스톰) M/V
Girl's Day's 'brother group"

Oh I like the new boygroup from Girl's Day's company. They are called Map6 which is a crappy name, but their song 'Storm' is pretty cool.

It weirds me out because I unironically loved the group A-Prince which disbanded, but 4 of the members upgraded to this new group Map6. (They obviously have no luck with group names). From ultra low-budget nugu to being the 'little brother' group of one of the nation's bigger girlgroups.

Dice

Good Guy KpopGAF reminding me of Kisum's sweet song. I will return the favor and remind you all of Hara's "What about me?" (lol perfect name for a forgotten one) with Youngji.

As for my list, I'll need to do an extensive review so late-year bias is factored out well enough.

Pinkurocket and llehuty asleep at the wheel. The Woohee and Subin BNT photosets have yet to be posted in this thread.
Subin ain't even my type but she sure can make some nice pictures.

Pinkurocket and llehuty asleep at the wheel. The Woohee and Subin BNT photosets have yet to be posted in this thread.

Actually I'm not a big fan of the BNT photoshoots. The behind videos are great, but the pictures they choose always look a bit off. Not sure why.
That said, this shot of Woohee is spectacular.

cff972a3593aa9417cf2a3dbbb359f2b.jpg

Cuddler

[2BiC(투빅)] 어느 가을 하늘 아래서(Under the autumn sky)
So good, I actually like the live version more than the recorded one for some weird reason.
Who?
:p
-7BiC
;)
Good stuff.
She needs to release more songs
Definitely.
I really like this, my favorite f(x) title track and one of my favorite song this year, unfortunately I don't like the album as much as I liked Red Light.

neoism

From Taeyon's I think I would prefer more to put on repeat "Gemini" instead of "I"

Youtube (?)
, please...

yeah its my fav also... I got old...

That's the one from SMTOWN, the original was from the old SMEnt channel.
Sunny leaves FM Dating after 1,5 years. That's a 7 day / week show, thinking about it must be crazy and tiring. I guess upcoming activities have a weight for a decision.

:*( at least she'll have some more free time...

broz0rs

Seems like I'm going to have to watch the whole Melon awards show.

Youtube (?)
, please...

I am fucking livid. How dare youtube treat SNSD like this when SNSD has done so much for youtube. I will be boycotting youtube from now on, and only use dailymotion and vimeo till youtube rectify this horrendous error and publicly apologize to SNSD, SM and Sones.

In all seriousness, it's a damn shame. What's the most viewed girl group mv now? I Am the Best?

fsEUi.gif

I am fucking livid. How dare youtube treat SNSD like this when SNSD has done so much for youtube. I will be boycotting youtube from now on, and only use dailymotion and vimeo till youtube rectify this horrendous error and publicly apologize to SNSD, SM and Sones.

Remember when Fany said YouTube is her best friend?

First it was Jessica, now it's YouTube??

Soshi is DEAD.

Professor better be shipping the Tzuyu/Sana OTP otherwise I'm not signing up for his class.

Dice

neon bunny... baby pls... u gotta at least tell me if it's a single or mini or what... don't leave me in this state...

edit1: this year is awesome

edit2:

luso

At least they could put a decent HD version this time...
Gee MV is better than Genie MV.

I don't know how I feel about Chained Up :s Sound wise it's messy but there are parts in the song that I still sorta like.

News edit: T-ara’s Hyomin to Come Back With a Solo Album This Winter

So next year? Winter: 21 Dez 2015 - 21 Mar 2016

fixed?

3 things:

1. I hope Rainbow does well. Watch their interviews they are easily the most chill and fun girl groups out there.

2. Are the Melon Awards a big deal?

3. I like Tae better with black hair.

roaSone

EXID's teasers are looking great but the make-up is looking quite off on LE & Junghwa, they don't look like themselves anymore.

luso

Why? RoboSeo was also cute.

3 things:

1. I hope Rainbow does well. Watch their interviews they are easily the most chill and fun girl groups out there.

3. I like Tae better with black hair.

Melon Awards started in 2009 only, maybe is too recent to be considered a top award. It's mostly about digital sales on their plataform, which Melon alone is some 50% of the whole market, and so the winners can be well predicted, but it considers also fan voting and physical sales to an extent. But as some other awards, if it's just a feeling or a fact, it seems to be also influenced by interests, but with less flexibility than, let's say, MAMA.
2012 seems to be somehow a turning point on the awarding season as more and more importance were given to fandoms and agencies, maybe I'm wrong though.

Better or not, I also miss black haired Tae, until then,
tumblr_nxkm75KcmN1rkghf1o1_400.gif
tumblr_nxkm75KcmN1rkghf1o3_400.gif

tumblr_nxkm75KcmN1rkghf1o4_400.gif
tumblr_nxkm75KcmN1rkghf1o6_r1_400.gif

llehuty

빅스(VIXX) - 사슬 (Chained up) Official M/V
This is good, but lol at the stylings. And Raveeeeh is less messier than usual. Not their best release or anything, but good enough.

THE KOXX(칵스) - echo
Nothing groundbreaking, but solid.

박재범 Jay Park 'BO$$ (Feat Yultron, 로꼬 & Ugly Duck)' Official Music Video

ROMEO_TARGET_M/V(DANCE Ver.)
The 2nd coming of Infinite keeps delivering.

워너비 WANNA.Budget - 손들어 Hands Up Official M/V
What a trainwreck. At least they look hot.

This is so damn good. SM on a roll during the 2nd half of the year.

None of the music awards are a big deal IMO. Based on pure sales (iirc) are the Golden Disk awards and Seoul Music Awards, which give them more credibility than these random awards with weights with different aspects (It's still, at the end of the day, fandom based)

Then there is the Korean Music awards which are decided by people that are in the music industry, which ends up rewarding quality and will rarely see idols getting prizes. I don't know if they are a big deal, but they should, really solid winners in most of the cases (Neon Bunny, Glenn Check, IU, etc).

The other awards (melon, MAMA,etc) are trash (usually getting prices everyone that decides to show up), but who watches those for the awards anyway? It's all about the special performances and remixes.

Gotta be 2NE1...
TOTAL 2015 DOWNLOADS [Male Groups]

1. Big Bang - 8,471,224
2. EXO - 3,091,485
3. SHINee - 1,664,434
4. iKON - 1,537,095
5. B2ST - 953,296
6. BtoB - 876,813
7. BTS - 743,515
8. INFINITE - 713,478
9. 2PM - 301,437
10. VIXX - 281,650