• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

Well, that's a way to start a page...

LOONAVERSE said:
The seventh member, Jinsoul, represents the colour between black and blue. The single by Jinsoul "Singing in the Rain" is in the genre of future bass, expanding the musical spectrum of Loona once again. "Love Letter" by Jinsoul along with Kimlip is also not a ballad number, going one step ahead of expectations with the top-of-the-notch sonal quality that LOOΠΔ always bring to the table.
Tracklist
01- Singing in the Rain
02- Love Letter(Feat. Kim lip)
MV will be Released in june 26 , 12 PM (KST)
I'm in.

KARD special edition album preview.
Why are they waiting to make the comeback?

NU'EST '여보세요 Hello' becomes candidate for SBS 'Inkigayo' pre-vote, voting period from June 19 to 24
Probably won't win it since they are going against NCT, but lmao if they have a win with a 4 year old song... (I believe this is allowed because they had to change the rules to let EXID's Up & Down back in the pool)

Pendulum

Seulong ft Beenzino - "It's You" (MV features Seulong and Hani)

---

OTP
when Irene/Pringles and Mimi aren't around
ETYNxJB.jpg

tumblr_orng7nnEvD1sztjdmo1_1280.jpg

---

edit: Jennie

I'm in.

KARD special edition album preview.
Why are they waiting to make the comeback?

June 26?

Goddamit why do things have a release date? Can't they just release something when it's done?

As for KARD, I think they have a concert in Brazil the first or 2nd week of July so I imagine the comeback will happen soon after that.

Seulong ft Beenzino - "It's You" (MV features Seulong and Hani)

Lmao I don't know many double/triple takes I did everytime Seulong showed up on screen... dude looks like a carbon copy of Kwanghee haha.

Boss Mog

Their visuals are insane, like how can Jennie not be considered one of the top visuals in Kpop?

The song is just okay for me though. I anticipated this and lowered my expectations because I knew they weren't gonna beat "Playing With Fire" this time around, that song is just too good. That being said, I really like the aesthetics of the MV though.

EDIT. MAMAMOO's video is out too: [MV] 마마무(MAMAMOO) - '나로 말할 것 같으면'

Ryan_MSF

Blackpink completely blew my expectations away. Knew it was going to be awesome from the teasers, but wasn't really ready for the MV. Square Three now can't come quickly enough.

llehuty

The comebacks from today are a big pile of meh.

Blackpink should have splitted that song into 2 different ones, verses and chorus just don't mesh.

I don't even remember how MAMAMOO's song sounds and I have just listened to it.

Good visuals, though.

Edit: AGE OF YOUTH 2 AGE OF YOUTH 2 AGE OF YOUTH 2 AGE OF YOUTH 2 AGE OF YOUTH 2
DCsYe53VYAACRWy.jpg

Pendulum

News of Choa leaving AOA due to depression/insomnia is coming out.
FNC saying they are "looking into it" (lol)

edit: Her instagram post
Translation:
Hello, this is Choa.
”I was very grateful and sorry that so many people took interest in my sudden hiatus. This is a bit late, but I want to tell you the reason why I had to rest and the decision that I came to after lots of deliberation.
”Since AOA wasn't a team that immediately received a lot of love when we debuted, I had always been grateful for the love we got and I think preciously of it.
”Although I was the oldest on the team, I'm still very young and I wanted to cry a lot of times while working. However, I know that the reason you like me is because of my bright image. Although I was crying in my heart, I had to look happy. This happened repeatedly, and the more I forced myself, I found myself becoming sicker and sicker.
”To treat my insomnia and depression, I tried taking medication and started decreasing my work two years ago. However, because the problem didn't stem from being tired, I ended up stopping all of my activities.
”I tried hard to get back to work while thinking of those who were waiting for me, but I felt that if the negative attention of my hiatus continued, this would be even more detrimental to the team members.
”After speaking with our company, I am leaving the team called AOA today, and I'm going to be cheering on my fellow members.
”Over the past eight years while I prepared to become a celebrity and worked as one, I learned a lot of things. I think that even this difficult moment is a process for me to grow. I am 28 years old this year, and going forward, I will be reflecting on my chaotic self. For the remainder of my 20s, I would like to fill them with different experiences that are befitting of my age.
”As of now, I am not thinking about doing any work outside of my individual work that was already planned. Someday, when I no longer feel scared and feel that I can show a better side of me, and if there are still people who cheer me on, I would like to return. I am a lacking person, but to those who keep cheering me on and worry for me, I would like to give my sincere thanks. To the members who I have been with for so long, and to those who helped me overcome what I lack so that I can be loved, and to those who loved me and AOA, thank you very much from the bottom of my heart."
--Choa

Pendulum

I went into this with cleared expectations knowing it was their first "Pink concept" song and therefore would be a little different, but I still enjoyed it despite a few oddities (what's with Rose & Jisoo being pitched up like that). However, it is their weakest single and Black Pink needs their own material - not unreleased 2NE1 songs from years ago

BLACKPINK – ‘마지막처럼 (AS IF IT'S YOUR LAST)' M/V BEHIND THE SCENES FULL VER

My biggest problem with BlackPink's song is that the chorus fails to follow the verse.

The 1st verse is hot fire. Jennie slayed that shit to hell and back, but Jisoo's follow through isn't really that great and it just goes downhill from there.

That said, this still is a really good song actually. I guess if you put it in the perspective of a Pink mode or whatever hen it works. But compared against their other material, this is definitely the weakest one once Jennie's verse is over.

Overall though...
Jennie - 11/10
Rose - 10/10
Music - 8/10
Visuals - 10/10

===============

Mamamoo on the other hand, yeah I don't remember what it sounds like already and I just heard it like an hour ago.

Tbh I think Mamamoo's gone downhill after they became the memelords of K-Pop.

===============

RIP AoA.

I remember I was waiting for some juicy drama when this all initially started in March but after reading her statement, I'm just hoping she gets better.

On the other hand, despite 2017 being one of the greatest recent years in terms of debuts and releases, the number of bad news is starting to become obscene. It seems like every month a group disbands, somebody leaves or some other bad stuff going on.

Meanwhile SNSD still manages to exist... tf

llehuty

I just feel like it's so cheap that YG decided to make Blackpink as 2NE1, it's so boring. The same can be said of iKon (and sometimes Winner) and Big Bang.

YG has been disappointing transitioning to the new generation...

Bowlie

Banned

what's with the low quality on this video. LMAO at Kim Junho's appearance.

Their main single is different from their usual, and forgettable, sadly. I'll keep listening to AZE GAG though.

Here's a much better video that Mamamoo released this week:

[타임머신] 마마무 데뷔 3주년 기념 Mr.애매모호

---

Blackpink's new song sounds like it was made and filmed 5 years ago, with that car in a fire tunnel.

---

On the other hand, despite 2017 being one of the greatest recent years in terms of debuts and releases, the number of bad news is starting to become obscene. It seems like every month a group disbands, somebody leaves or some other bad stuff going on.

Okay, *now* I'll give that to you, jongkookie

Demoskinos

okay Lisa is killing me with her new look. That hair is amazing.

Like the new song at first blush but I think I agree that Playing with Fire is like the bar for them right now. Still. More Blackpink this summer? YES PLEASE.

broz0rs

That As If It's Your Last chorus sounds similar to the Taeyang/Daesung bridge from Fantastic Baby. When the chorus sounds like a bridge, it's not going to be a very memorable track imo.

Choa noooooooooooooooo. ):

wdzpJIN.gif

Blackpink's comeback sounds like a song that 2NE1 was supposed to promote, which is something you can say about all their releases, but for some reason it sticks out as a negative with this new song. I like it, but BP's other releases were just much stronger I think. Maybe it'll grow on me. I have to agree the MV is visually amazing though.

roaSone

I liked both songs actually.
BlackPink does sound like early 2NE1 but it's still better than 2NE1 itself so I'm fine with it.
Mamamoo found their safe style, it works, fans love it and it charts well, why would they change?

Loci

I just feel like it's so cheap that YG decided to make Blackpink as 2NE1, it's so boring. The same can be said of iKon (and sometimes Winner) and Big Bang.

YG has been disappointing transitioning to the new generation...

Nah. It's only one song. BP doesn't sound like 2ne1 at all.
and those other fools in Winner or iKon will never reach BigBang greatness.

llehuty

"LOOΠΔ´s Heejin , Hyunjin and Haseul are acting in a Web Drama Called : "First Love Story" it will air a new episode every tuesday and thursday"

Epsisode 1
Episode 2

Can they just stop? It's a bit overkill all the media they are putting out.

Boss Mog

red-velvet-seulgi-jeon-so-mi.jpg

I can safely say after today that these girls still have the best recently released girl group song. Watch their show!

As for ChoA, there's rumors she 's gonna get married, who knows though, I guess we'll find out soon enough. It'll be hard for me to pay attention to AOA if she really leaves. I guess there'll still be Mina but that's about it for me and vocally the group will be lacking severely.
ChoA is one of the very few idols that can be both cute and sexy at the same time, Sana being another, really gonna miss her if she leaves, but she has the right to be happy and if she wants to go she should.

HENRY 헨리_끌리는 대로 (I'm good) (Feat. nafla)_Music Video

Da fuck, this is actually really really good!

This sounds like a missing Crush track tbh but goddamn it's good!

Lol tbh this feels like a Pyrrhic victory.

Now if she really is leaving the group due to marriage, then I'm gonna grab the popcorn and enjoy the mess. But if it's for the reasons she stated, then I definitely won't be enjoying it... I mean I can be an asshole but eh, times like these, she needs support even from nobodies like us.

Can they just stop? It's a bit overkill all the media they are putting out.

No, you stop lol.

Kidding aside, I don't get this mess either but I'm kinda glad it's here. It's one of those things where you didn't really want but am glad that it's there haha.

Boss★Moogle;241563852 said:
red-velvet-seulgi-jeon-so-mi.jpg

I can safely say after today that these girls still have the best recently released girl group song. Watch their show!

Does it get better?

I gave the show a shot and I got up to the part where they decided Moonbyul is the leader but it's been utterly stale so far. I honestly ended up watching the NBA draft instead of this.

NU'EST '여보세요 Hello' becomes candidate for SBS 'Inkigayo' pre-vote, voting period from June 19 to 24
Probably won't win it since they are going against NCT, but lmao if they have a win with a 4 year old song... (I believe this is allowed because they had to change the rules to let EXID's Up & Down back in the pool)

went looking for more info about NU'EST and came across this

NU’EST’s Kang Dong Ho Accused Of Sexual Assault + Pledis Responds

"On June 22, an internet community user claimed that she was sexually assaulted by NU’EST’s Kang Dong Ho when they were in middle school."

Weakest Blackpink song so far, though there are some strong parts of the song (such as the Jisoo section that immediately follows Lisa's rap).

Haven't played Mamamoo yet and the reactions are not encouraging.

More importantly, how does BestAoA leave AoA? While Yuna is good and Hyejeong is ok as a #3 vocal, Choa is even more integral to AoA than Sera was to Nine Muses.

Seolhyun isn't going to become good at singing or rapping anytime soon (those are not her intended role), so time for the others to step up significantly... assuming sustained "long-term" success is a goal of the group.

Boss★Moogle;241563852 said:
I like most of the people here, but the left side of the photo is all that's needed, really. You have great vocals, dancing, charm, visuals and other intangibles.

As solid as Seulgi and YooA are at dancing, Moonbyul *may* be better than both, though she rarely ever gets to display that aspect of her talent in Mamamoo. Plus, D.ana is a serviceable K-Pop rapper, but Moon is an actual MC.

·feist·;241373985 said:
*T-ara woes*
"...and the crowd left me stranded."

Don't mind me, I'll be off in the corner still flying my banner. Shut the lights on your way out, will you?

R1920x0

llehuty

Pendulum

·feist·;241602378 said:
"...and the crowd left me stranded."

giphy.gif

Psst...it's because you said what needed to be said and there was nothing for me to add

---

Black Pink's "As If It's Your Last" broke the 24 hour worldwide view record for a group on YouTube with 13.3 million views. That not only beats previous (K-Pop category) record holders like Twice and BTS, but also western groups like One Direction.
Mamamoo broke the records for highest number of unique listeners on Melon in 24 hours.

---

Chorong

OUT ON THE 26TH!!!
I'm assumin it will only be a single and not a full album with the short teaser cycle.
Also, same day as new LOONA, Heize and Apink, packed monday ahead of us.

We should just declare the 26th a holiday haha.

BoA_CAMO_Teaser Clip #2

This sounds SO BOLD. I'm in.

Needs a 10% speed increase. 😛

Black Pink's "As If It's Your Last" broke the 24 hour worldwide view record for a group on YouTube with 13.3 million views. That not only beats previous (K-Pop category) record holders like Twice and BTS, but also western groups like One Direction.
Mamamoo broke the records for highest number of unique listeners on Melon in 24 hours.

Dat YG army in full effect?

Top Bottom