• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Loci

Pretty good.
At some point we should probably make a 'kpop remixes that are better than the original' playlist.

edit: when do we get the Choerry mv teasers ??

RedEther

W4k1x7z.gif

Thread needs a BP Jisoo rating scale for awful music to compliment the Peru rating scale for footwear.

·feist·;241292433 said:
- Take bets on whether Loona debut before Bestie "comeback," or Exo cba to release another good album
Dahye make a YouTube channel so she has something to do while waiting for Bestie to disband.
[*JinSoul & Choerry - Loona pre-debut release #5,832*]
http://i.imgur.com/GbAmcDp.jpg
I see...

R1920x0

Would fully support these three leaving Fantagio to form their own group. Hello Venus is a lost cause and I'm less than optimistic about what Weki Meki will bring, but we'll see...

Isn't it the 19th already in Korea?

Where's Hola Hola?!
Its scheduled release is roughly 2.5 hours away from the time I've posted this.

Loci

Who would have thought a hastily thrown together co-ed group under DSP is gonna bring a new sound and possibly save kpop
___

I am fairly hyped for Choerry, the songs of Loona 2/3 are p.awesome. I hope she gets a similar sound.

llehuty

It's "Everybody make a comeback season".

윤하 (Younha) - Take Five MV

9Muses without Sungah making a comeback on the 3rd of August.
나인뮤지스[9MUSES] - 러브시티(Love City) COMEBACK Trailer.

LABOUM with a summer special album out on the 25th

Shanon comeback on the 28th

WM (company of Oh My Girl and B1A4) is debuting a new boy group soon.called ONF (on and off).

And nugudan will debut a subunit with Mina and Hyeyeon.

Bowlie

Banned
KARD - Hola Hola M/V (They dropped the "K.A.R.D" stylization?)

Edit: I love how referential this music/MV is, the footage is gorgeous, they look beautiful in these new colors, they got to actually drive a car instead of being still in a tunnel.

The song?... I don't like how they dropped their tropicality in favor of this American concept and made it more EDM-like, with generic English lines ("throw your hands up to the sky", "can you feel me burning up") and voice processing. The transition from pre-chorus to chorus sounds stiff too.

Jiwoo and J.seph owned this song with their verses (and split), but I won't put it above Rumor or Don't Recall.

Still, I'm excited for the full release, which I'll listen to when I get home.

edit 2:

4K 170719 카드 올라올라 직캠 KARD fancam - Hola Hola (데뷔 쇼케이스) by Spinel too late
J.seph is so damn happy in this

llehuty

KARD - Hola Hola M/V (They dropped the "K.A.R.D" stylization?)
The song lacks a bit the impact of their previous releases, it sounds a bit toned down compared to them but it has a nice vibe. Oh Nana remains my favourite song of them so far, so I apreciated the nod. The only part I'm not feeling so far is the Jiwoo breakdown. And the vocal processing was always there, and I would say is lower than usual?

The MV is fantastic, some serious budget. The director did a great job with the fun vibes instead of worrying about them looking cool (which can be quite tiring in kpop). They all look great and choreography looks fun.

Full album is a must have IMO, really consistent. Even the song for the fans is entertaining.

4K 170719 카드 올라올라 직캠 KARD fancam - Hola Hola (데뷔 쇼케이스) by Spinel

Debuted at #77 in melon, so not too bad taking into account the less than optimal timing of the release.

Yeah, J.seph is always having a blast on the stage. The whole group seems to enjoy performing quite a lot.

Boss Mog

Shanon comeback on the 28th

I thought you guys hated her. I didn't really know her all that well but I really enjoyed the song she released last month, but I guess she must be hated because it only has 115k views so far. I actually like the English version with Amber better. I was thinking that Amber would just do a rap similar to the guy in the Korean version but she actually sings a verse instead and man Amber can really sing well; I'm so used to hearing her rap, she should sing like that more.

I'm kinda looking forward to this full comeback on the 28th now, hope you guys won't hate me for it.

It's solid but I like "Don't Recall" better. Red Velvet's "song of the summer" title is still safe for now.

llehuty

카드 (KARD) - Hola Hola (Relay dance thingie)

Matilda were sharing their Weekly Idol appeareance with BIG and MAP6 this week, but they stole the show.

K-pop Randomplay Dance Robot Appeared. A kpop dance nerd idol!
MATILDA Singing 'Vitamine'
3rd basement NEW GAME 'Hip Walk Relay'

Variety gold.
Boss★Moogle;243891168 said:
I thought you guys hated her. I didn't really know her all that well but I really enjoyed the song she released last month, but I guess she must be hated because it only has 115k views so far. I actually like the English version with Amber better. I was thinking that Amber would just do a rap similar to the guy in the Korean version but she actually sings a verse instead and man Amber can really sing well; I'm so used to hearing her rap, she should sing like that more.

I'm kinda looking forward to this full comeback on the 28th now, hope you guys won't hate me for it.
I'm not a fan of her, but I try to link news relevant to the community. She is talented, but her music hasn't grabbed me yet, I put her in the same category as Ailee (although I really liked Ailee's Home, but I'm going to assume it was a fluke).

Yeah Hola Hola is pretty safe and understated compared to their older stuff but it still is a bop.

Like it's still a KARD track through and through but they're definitely playing it down... aka the proper way to do a K-Pop debut if you want to have some semblance of success.

Boss★Moogle;243891168 said:
Red Velvet's "song of the summer" title is still safe for now.

Naw, I've enjoyed the hell out of Red Flavor but I can't say it's the song of the summer. It really doesn't click until Yeri's verse and at that point you're already on the last third of the song so the enjoyment is quite short.

If I had to rank summer songs right now... Kim Tae-Woo's Following would probably be at the top of the list with Red Flavor and Chungha's Why Don't You Know fighting for 2nd/3rd.

Bowlie

Banned
And the vocal processing was always there, and I would say is lower than usual?

That was a 6AM gut reaction, I apologize; I went back to it to see what I meant by that and it's not the amount of processing but Somin's verses: I think her pitch there was corrected too much and it was distracting.

After putting Hola Hola on replay a few dozen times, it grew on me. It's by no means a bad song, I just expected it to go wilder.

This game is so silly, got some good laughs from me with her expression. I wanna know more about this group, lol

From one to another, let's goo!

---

I don't know if people here like AKMU, but they're releasing a new single tomorrow.

AKMU – ‘DINOSAUR' M/V TEASER

Solid track. It's a little different than I expected but it's still good. Don't Recall is still their best. I'm excited to watch them preform on music shows though!

Ehh, not feeling this one. It's not bad, and there's some parts I like, but I just can't get into it. Also what is with all these guys suddenly getting mullets? G-Dragon and now Baekhyun. Please don't let this become a trend ...

Doul

Neo Member

It's too bad I kind of liked the version from the teaser a little better. It's still a really good track and the MV is gorgeous like everyone said. I really wish this group goes far they are super likeable. By the way, weren't they supposed to reveal a fifth member since this is their official debut ? edit : Even read somewhere there was going to be 7 members after a couple of releases. Any news on that ?

llehuty

It's too bad I kind of liked the version from the teaser a little better. It's still a really good track and the MV is gorgeous like everyone said. I really wish this group goes far they are super likeable. By the way, weren't they supposed to reveal a fifth member since this is their official debut ? edit : Even read somewhere there was going to be 7 members after a couple of releases. Any news on that ?

Yeah, they were presenting a hidden card members for each of their predebut releases. I don't know if it was just assumptions that these three members were going to be part of the final lineup or what, but in any case, it only came into play for their first release and then they dropped it.

They later transformed it into the "hidden versions", with english Don't Recall and the choreographer for Rumor, and they have switched it up again and "Hidden card" is the name of the fandom.

It's probably for the best, though.

Well if a group does well without gimmicks to bring in views, it's wise to drop them. If they had more members planned, that sucks for the ones that ended up getting told they weren't gonna get added though. KARD has an awesome dynamic between the 4 members, which is probably part of their success too together with their awesome music.

Some HD pics here.

llehuty

Dreamcatcher(드림캐쳐) '날아올라 (Fly high)' Trailer #01

Very curious to see the dark turn this is gonna take and how they incorporate it. Unless this song is not the title track, but perhaps it's one of those songs that change genre/sound? I really like what I'm hearing though, and wow they look cute.

It's only their MV teasers that feature the music of the title track, however the trailer #2 has contained in both cases the outro of each MV (and possibly intro of thei following comeback?) Trailer #1 has only been unrelated tracks.

I really hope the outro of Good night is the intro of the title track again. And now, in completely day dreaming scenario, I would LOVE if with this prequel stuff they introduce the existence of Minx as part of the lore somehow (like, they were Minx before being killed and became Dreamcatcher)

PInk Tape

Banned
Red Velvet (Irene, Seulgi, and Yeri) - Zoo (mini acapella)

Red Velvet (Irene, Seulgi, and Yeri) - You Better Know (mini acapella)

See I don't actually know how much of kpopgaf enjoys male eyecandy.. This A.C.E fancam is everything.

Dang :eek: He's super attractive.
Is this their main comeback single? Or is there another next week?

Not that I'm aware of. SM hasn't announced anything yet.
I don't like the single or the album that much tbch :/

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Apparently Holla Holla broke the record for most views in 24 hours, which had recently been broken by Blackpink. While this is clearly part due to kpop growing internationally, it also shows they have nailed their target. Let's hope DSP doesn't find a way to screw everything up.

Funny thing is people are mad at KARD's success claiming that their pre-debut shit boosted their numbers.

I'm like sitting over here thinking, what the fuck was the point of Sixteen, Produce 101 and all the other bullshit shows then?

🤔🤔🤔

Pendulum

Apparently Holla Holla broke the record for most views in 24 hours, which had recently been broken by Blackpink.
How's that work? Black Pink's "As If It's Your Last" got 13.3 million in 24 hours; looking at KARD's "Hola Hola" at this very moment, it's got 2.7 million (on the official channel, and 1.5 on 1theK).

---

CLC "FREE'SM" teasers

---

GFriend "Parallel" teaser

---

Weki Meki Twitter and Instagram

llehuty

Apparently Holla Holla broke the record for most views in 24 hours, which had recently been broken by Blackpink. While this is clearly part due to kpop growing internationally, it also shows they have nailed their target. Let's hope DSP doesn't find a way to screw everything up.
Hmm, this sounds off, maybe it's record for a "debut"? In any case, KARD debuted with Oh Nana, I don't care how much DSP wants to spin it.
Edit: Yep, went to redit and it's exactly that

Pendulum

Hmm, this sounds off, maybe it's record for a "debut"? In any case, KARD debuted with Oh Nana, I don't care how much DSP wants to spin it.
Edit: Yep, went to redit and it's exactly that

I see they've combined the views on the official channel (2.4m) and 1theK (1.4m) to get that figure. Records don't work this way, imo. Can we combine Boombayah and Whistle as well then - both of which got over 3m in under 24 hours.

llehuty

SNUPER(스누퍼) '유성' M/V
Super Infinite keeps delivering.

AKMU - 'DINOSAUR' M/V
This is quite unremarkable

Moon Hyuna (문현아) - Remedy take 2 (Dream House) (Lyric Video)
Moon Hyuna (문현아) - Remedy Take 2 (Lyrics Video)
Dream house version is soooo dreamy.

Dreamcatcher(드림캐쳐) '날아올라 (Fly high)' Trailer #02
Hype at critical mass.

[KARD - Don't Recall] Comeback Stage | M COUNTDOWN 170720 EP.533
[KARD - Hola Hola] Comeback Stage | M COUNTDOWN 170720 EP.533
Those outfits in Don't Recall are really good, and J.Seph continues to have a blast during Hola Hola, is contagious.

I see they've combined the views on the official channel (2.4m) and 1theK (1.4m) to get that figure. Records don't work this way, imo. Can we combine Boombayah and Whistle as well then - both of which got over 3m in under 24 hours.

It's the same song uploaded to different channels why shouldn't they count together? (It's, in any case, a stupid metric to compare goups).

Top Bottom