• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Eldren

Tragic instagram quality but second solo photoshoot in the last few weeks, I'm happy

C4sqdXxWMAAwO8u.jpg:orig

llehuty

I don't think this was posted earlier (and I don't know if we have anyone from Mexico either)

KCON Usa info will be revealed soon apparently, and I'm crossing my fingers for another European edition this year.

llehuty

Not too much longer until that new K.A.R.D single drops!

EDIT: Here it is → K.A.R.D - Don`t Recall M/V
Hmmm, the first listen left me a bit cold. Jiwoo vocal processing is some YG bullshit thing. Somin is carrying the whole song once again. she really takes the chorus to another level.

I think the song is not as inspired as Oh Nanan, but is a decent follow up.

BLACK HAIR! I'm totally on board with this sound, but I know that cheap sax sample will ruin it. Still an interesting direction.

Pendulum

Change to music charts
The change makes it so that only performance of music released between 12 p.m. and 6 p.m. is immediately reflected in music charts. Music released outside of that window will only enter charts the following afternoon at 1 p.m. KST. This — a measure in pursuit of music charts fairly reflecting music popularity — affects many artists, including idols, who have been releasing their music at midnight.

A source from Melon said on February 15, “Last year, we received a warning from the Ministry of Culture about music released at midnight, and through the Korea Music Content Industry Association, [music sites] had a discussion. We came to the decision to make this change in order to promote stable chart aggregation and prevent abuse.”

Initial impressions on Don't Recall: it didn't surpass Oh NaNa but it's still a fire bop nonetheless.

The instrumental thing after the chorus is so so so good. BM singing like TOP was a surprise actually, I thought I wouldn't like it but it fits perfectly within the song. J.seph's verse is fire, and it just gets better when BM tags in. Somin's vocals definitely carry a majority of the song which I think is weird because Jiwoo seemed to be more prominent in Oh NaNa. And tbh, I feel like you could remove all traces of Jiwoo in this song and not have any holes whatsoever.

Anyway, yeah it's not as good as Oh NaNa(though this could be my overwhelming expectations) but it's still really really good. I'm gonna give it a few more listens as I feel like this could be a grower.

llehuty

Initial impressions on Don't Recall: it didn't surpass Oh NaNa but it's still a fire bop nonetheless.

The instrumental thing after the chorus is so so so good. BM singing like TOP was a surprise actually, I thought I wouldn't like it but it fits perfectly within the song. J.seph's verse is fire, and it just gets better when BM tags in. Somin's vocals definitely carry a majority of the song which I think is weird because Jiwoo seemed to be more prominent in Oh NaNa. And tbh, I feel like you could remove all traces of Jiwoo in this song and not have any holes whatsoever.

Anyway, yeah it's not as good as Oh NaNa(though this could be my overwhelming expectations) but it's still really really good. I'm gonna give it a few more listens as I feel like this could be a grower.
Nah, Somin does most of Oh Nana, as much as they tried to pretend that Jiwoo was singing also in the chorus, and they tried again in this one, with some minimal harmonies. You can barely hear her voice after the 1st minute in this, which is just weird. I do like how BM is more integrated in the song this time around leaving only one rap breakdown, although it seems that he took Jiwoo's parts in the process.

Also, I'm curious about the Hidden card version, it's greyed out in melon, no idea why.

Bowlie

Banned
K.A.R.D finally clicked to me.

The heavier, almost reggaeton-like beats, really powerful bridge and chorus, more interesting lyrics/concept. All that fit together and I'm reaaaaally liking it, where as I never felt like listening to Oh NaNa again after its release week.

Time to learn the rest of their names and be on the watch for future videos.

luso

Taeyeon!!

That was a surprise (sooner than expected)
It's some pre-release before the album it seems.

tumblr_olfb62tkF81vu6ld5o1_540.gif

tumblr_olfc16ieZZ1rwtghjo2_540.gif

BLACK HAIR! I'm totally on board with this sound, but I know that cheap sax sample will ruin it. Still an interesting direction.

Also SM overused that little drum beat at 11s-12s.
Probably will not be so public "friendly".

Another Pic:

Casting prank of Seohyun subbed

This decision is just stupid. Releases will just be moved to 12PM. It would be probably better to get rid of the hourly charts and stick to a daily one.

Taeyeon looks amazing, loving the purple look.

K.A.R.D bringing it yet again. With the good production value for songs that aren't even getting 'promoted' in the typical k-pop way, it's very interesting. Wonder what plans DSP has with the group.

K.A.R.D releasing yet another jam. I think I prefer Oh NaNa slightly more but I feel like this one might grow on me and surpass it after a few more listens. I really wish they were promoting these songs on music shows cause they're so good.

Don't Recall is one of the most perfect driving songs to ever exist.

On the way to a job interview today and I literally had the song on loop for 25 minutes.

I might take back my earlier impressions... I think Don't Recall manages to beat Oh NaNa imo.

The song structure of Oh NaNa with the highs and lows is your standard K-Pop fare, especially when Youngji comes in. Don't Recall on the other hand just keeps a steady pace, and while that's usually a huge negative, the vocals, riffs, and melodies on top of it keep it going so instead of feeling bored, you're bopping back and forth instead.

Nah, Somin does most of Oh Nana, as much as they tried to pretend that Jiwoo was singing also in the chorus, and they tried again in this one, with some minimal harmonies. You can barely hear her voice after the 1st minute in this, which is just weird. I do like how BM is more integrated in the song this time around leaving only one rap breakdown, although it seems that he took Jiwoo's parts in the process.

Also, I'm curious about the Hidden card version, it's greyed out in melon, no idea why.

IIRC on one of their previous V-Lives, they said the Hidden card version isn't coming out until 2 weeks from now.

Semi-relatedly, I think you just proved why they don't need more members. Jiwoo is already criminally underused with the quartet... adding another one or two would create more problems with line division.

llehuty

Semi-relatedly, I think you just proved why they don't need more members. Jiwoo is already criminally underused with the quartet... adding another one or two would create more problems with line division.
Yeah, I think tjat the plans of adding new members, which I don't even know if they were in the cards (pun intended), were abandoned the moment the group had such an amazing reception.

It just got me that Jiwoo has probably less lines that girls that are part of groups with 9 members.

PInk Tape

Banned
Not too much longer until that new K.A.R.D single drops!

EDIT: Here it is → K.A.R.D - Don`t Recall M/V

Ok so I've been listening to this on and off all day today and I love it.

It's more laid back and slower than Oh Na Na was and I think that was a great way to both differentiate and retain the same kind of sound that the first single had without it being a complete retread. I'm a fan of how they let BM sing throughout the song instead of having a rap; it adds to the tone of the song and he isn't a terrible vocalist. The vocal direction is great and is instantly memorable to me and suits the song. JSeph's rap is on point and flows together perfectly. I'm in the middle about the use of vocal distortion on Jiwoo's voice cuz I think it works in this instance but I don't want it to become a thing that the producer DSP's working with to use often. I actually really like her voice and it doesn't need that extra stuff added to it.

tl;dr: Don't Recall is a fantastic song that gives us a different yet similar sound to Kard. I can't wait to see what they release next.

Think I'm in good company that I say that it's super solid, but not as good as Oh NaNa. Kinda feels like a mix of Berry Goods Don't Believe and something Blackpink would put out.

edit: Gugudan is starting teasers

So close. Swap out Nayoung for Sejeong and we would have gotten the top 3 right out of the gate. Looking forward to their comeback. Didn't hate Wonderland quite as much as others, but they need to step up their game. Meanwhile I gotta check out the last episodes of their Extreme School Trip.

Sounds interesting, and she looks amazing, but I'm still pretty damn disappointed we're getting a Taeyeon comeback. She had all of 2016 to herself, and now the ratio of Taeyeon:SNSD comebacks is way too fucking high. It's their 10th fucking anniversary year, it's time for the entire group, not just one member.

I really like what I hear, both the buildup and the reveal. Could this be their first great song since their debut?

Pendulum

Rip Sana and Mina's hair.

MV styling can be fixed. I'm more interested in how this song sounds - first Twice title track that isn't produced by Black Eyed Pilseung. The two producers (Lee Woo Min "collapsedone" and Shim Eunji) have worked mainly on non-title tracks, but those include Yenny's "Me?" album, a couple of songs from Wonder Girls "Reboot" and "Wonder World" albums, KARA's "Runaway, some earlier f(x) album tracks, and more. For well-known title tracks, Shim Eunji has worked on Miss A's "Breathe" and 15&'s "Somebody".

Bowlie

Banned
Golden Tambourine episode 10

Good episode, the covers were so better/funnier than last week! :D

I don't listen to BTOB either, but Changsub and Eunwkang on variety shows always make me laugh hard.

upjuys.gif

---

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung's stylings redemeed

Top Bottom