• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West's new album appears to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
UPDATE:
Ez3ZEAl.png

Consequence of Sound article
In a July interview with GQ, Kanye West said his highly-anticipated seventh album would most likely arrive in the fall, with lead single “All Day” coming “in the next couple weeks.” We haven’t heard much from Kanye in the two months since then, however, recent evidence suggests the album is finished and in the hands of his record label, Def Jam.

As recently as last month, Kanye was in Mexico working on the album alongside a collection of collaborators that included Pusha T, Theophilus London, Mike Dean, and Travis Scott. He recently returned to Los Angeles to teach class at Los Angeles Trade Technical College as part of court-mandated community service. During one particular session, according to Complex, Kanye divulged to students that “he’s waiting for [the album] to come out,” insinuating that it’s complete and now awaiting release from Def Jam.

Last night, Kanye previewed the entire album during a party at Paris Fashion Week. According to a post on Instagram from Theophilus London, Kanye played “his new album three times in a dark room of 20 people last night.” (If you recall, Kanye hosted similar listening parties for Yeezus just weeks before its release.)

screen-shot-2014-09-25-at-9-59-36-am.png

Yeezy season is approaching (if you want it to be)!

Bacon

Any inkling on which direction he's taking this one in? I always love new Kanye albums because of their distinct sounds from one another.

Mononoke

Banned
Hopefully it's not rushed like Yeezus was.

Before people go off on me, I'm a big Ye fan. However, if you read interviews about Yeezus, they were scrapping whole material and re-doing entire songs 2 weeks before it was done. Ye didn't even finish writing and recording some of his lines until days before the deadline and it was turned in. If you love the album, that's great. But at least to me, I feel it's one of the more under-polished things he's done (which isn't really fitting of Ye, since he puts a lot of time and effort into most of his work). I feel it suffers because of it. Although maybe for some, this is what they find great about it. *shrugs*

botty

Banned
Hope he decides to tour with his wife, like Jay-Z did with Beyonce. It's always nice to see people of equal talent perform together.

Nemesis_

Hopefully it's not rushed like Yeezus was.

Before people go off on me, I'm a big Ye fan. However, if you read interviews about Yeezus, they were scrapping whole material and re-doing entire songs 2 weeks before it was done. Ye didn't even finish writing and recording some of his lines until days before the deadline and it was turned in. If you love the album, that's great. But at least to me, I feel it's one of the more under-polished things he's done (which isn't really fitting of Ye, since he puts a lot of time and effort into most of his work). I feel it suffers because of it. Although maybe for some, this is what they find great about it. *shrugs*

The whole album definitely sounds roughed and dirtier than his other stuff to the point where it's just sonically obtuse.

But I can't help but feel that is how the album is meant to sound, intentional or not.

I'm excited regardless. I saw him live last month and it was absolutely amazing.

Fuck yeah.

But please don't be crying about your stupid "fashionista" racism again while we're out here getting shot and you haven't said shit, Kanye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom