• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Karoshi 1 & 2- the indie game where you must kill yourself. Over and over. And over.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
48, HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, part two ending NEVER wanted to end :lol That was fucking awesome, hahaha.

I became an angel and chose the heart, what happens if I choose the spikes?

Yoshichan

Teknopathetic said:
An eternity of killing yourself.
Oh damn... anyway, I'm off to bed! Thanks for the link Chub!

samratty

Haha this is so awesome. Just finished it all.
Did the bosses again to see both endings. death is the best.

Momar

aka Ryder
chubigans said:
Double circles= double jumpage.

Hah, glad yall liked the game. Hopefully 2DCube will see all the praise. :D

Ah yeah I figured it out, thanks though :)

Now stuck on 35, ugh. Be careful!

Edit: holy crap that was clever :lol

Double edit: WHY IN GOD'S NAME DID I PRESS Q

ezekial45

Banned
I stuck on the level 34. I don't understand the 2 levels back part.
i thought it meant go back to level 32, but that did nothing.

Axalon

ezekial45 said:
I stuck on the level 34. I don't understand the 2 levels back part.
i thought it meant go back to level 32, but that did nothing.
You're on the right track. You have to do something there.

Whether downloaded or run in the browser, the game won't let me play. Lame. It gets to the level select, and then I click on Level 0 but it won't do anything. It just makes an obnoxious clicking sound every couple of seconds. =/

tenritsu

Banned
I have that clicking sound too, but it stops when you actually play. Donno why it doesn't work for you when you click it.

This game is all kinds of awesome by the way.

Anyone else having a problem with the sound? The music no longer plays for me. Only sound effects.

edit. Nevermind, i just turned it off and on and it worked lol. At first i didnt know you could click the smiley (could have sworn i tried)

Talka

Near the end of the second game you have to
insert an audio CD. Well believe it or not I don't have any audio CDs and I'm not going to the trouble of finding one
so fuck this game.

Kipe

Talka said:
Near the end of the second game you have to
insert an audio CD. Well believe it or not I don't have any audio CDs and I'm not going to the trouble of finding one
so fuck this game.

I can't finish either even after I used
a CD

2Dcube

OMG

Didn't think it'd end up at GAF. Awesome, glad everyone likes it! To the people above me,
there is a no-cd version avaiable here: http://www.venbrux.com/karoshi2/Karoshi 2.0_nocd.zip .
Copy your old save data (karoshi2.sav) to the same folder and you can continue the game. It's also possible, if you did insert a CD, that you need to insert it into another drive if you have one.
Yeah, that one's rather tricky...

:D

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I loved that you used every possible extension imaginable in GM...even the CD codes. :lol

Again, awesome work 2DCube...will there be a part three perhaps? :D

Both those games were amazing.

for 48 in 2 I was worried because
I dont have any of my music CDs where I am now, so I was going around my room looking for one before realizing that my Bioshock LE had one, so I killed the guy to a remix of under the sea.

Yoshichan

Linkzg said:
If you typed that post in the game, you wouuld have solved it before you got to "there".
:lol Perfect!

More games really need to use custom music in the way this and games like vib ribbon and Audio Surf do. Make your own music part of the game and not just some noise that happens above the game.

2Dcube

chubigans said:
I loved that you used every possible extension imaginable in GM...even the CD codes. :lol

Again, awesome work 2DCube...will there be a part three perhaps? :D
Maybe somewhere in the future, but I've kind of used up all my ideas, and want to work on other things now. If I were to make one it'd probably be a lot different.

Amir0x said:
Give this guy a budget and a XBLA/PSN/WiiWare release.
Heh, that'd be awesome.

Haunted

2Dcube said:
Maybe somewhere in the future, but I've kind of used up all my ideas, and want to work on other things now. If I were to make one it'd probably be a lot different.

Heh, that'd be awesome.
There you are. Some good ideas in your game(s), very meta.

If you're working on another project, get an additional artist, though. :p

2Dcube

Hey, I can make better art, I just didn't care (and I think it looks funny). :)

What's this "meta" everyone's talking about though?

Top Bottom