• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazushige Nojima (scenario writer) wants Final Fantasy X-3 to happen

While everybody else in the world want's FFVII-2 or remake to happen.

Maybe everyone should start begging for more FFX, XIII and XV sequels so SquareEnix loses interest.

Sesha

Maybe everyone should start begging for more FFX, XIII and XV sequels so SquareEnix loses interest.

We're gonna get an FF7 remake, followed by FF7-2 after this, and they'll all be tied together. It's almost guaranteed.

We're gonna get an FF7 remake, followed by FF7-2 after this, and they'll all be tied together. It's almost guaranteed.
FFVII-2, Sephiroth, Aerith, Zack and Hojo all return via some powerful wishing stone of the Cetra. All the WEAPONs are remade again(by the planet) and all the heroes of FFVII collective material(even the ones that appear in the Nojima novella stories, like President Shinra's OTHER illegitimate son, the detective Evan Townsend) must band together to stop all the evil baddies again. They find out their only hope is to summon THEIR own hero from another world(just like Jenova came from another world), and that hero is.... LIGHTNING!

FFVII-2, Sephiroth, Aerith, Zack and Hojo all return via some powerful wishing stone of the Cetra. All the WEAPONs are remade again(by the planet) and all the heroes of FFVII collective material(even the ones that appear in the Nojima novella stories, like President Shinra's OTHER illegitimate son, the detective Evan Townsend) must band together to stop all the evil baddies again. They find out their only hope is to summon THEIR own hero from another world(just like Jenova came from another world), and that hero is.... LIGHTNING!

Also Golden Chocobo is no longer ultimate Chocobo. Chocolina is. I'm sure Toriyama will find a tasteful way to work out the breeding mechanics that'd lead to her.

lol You had me up until Lighting.

If I never see that character and world again it'll be too soon.

Is this VII remake definitely going to be a full next-gen title? I mean that would be the obvious thing to do given the demand for it but I remember they hinted at wanting to redo VII around the time they announced the mobile version of VI recently.

RagnarokX

We already got a FFVII-2: Advent Children, and 3: Dirge of Cerberus, and a bunch of prequels.

Squire

Banned
Is this VII remake definitely going to be a full next-gen title? I mean that would be the obvious thing to do given the demand for it but I remember they hinted at wanting to redo VII around the time they announced the mobile version of VI recently.

I think you're thinking of the possibility of FFVII as a mobile game and that's entirely possible. You can already play the PS one game on android phones.

What Verebdus is referring to -an actual, full-scale remake of FFVII- would be a high-def console game, almost certainly. That's all it could be, since that's the expectation SE set for themselves when they put out Advent Chikdren and then fanned the remake flames with that tech demo.

Foffy

Banned
Joking aside, if a FF7 remake really is in the works, I'm calling this now: X-3 sets up the possible connection to FF7 via Shinra that Nojima previously talked about, and leads into the FF7 remake. The remake then acknowledges the Spira connection, and integrates the Compilation stuff, with a different ending that opens for a FF7-2, which is announced next. Bonus points if the goddess or Genesis are somehow related to Lightning or the Fabula Nova Crystallis universe.

I would be fine with the Compilation additions, especially considering how almost half of the FFVII-related titles now imply Genesis is one of the major villains of that world. Every other thing you proposed has me pretty muffed, though. The less connection the era of Teedushawhaw has to the world of FFVII, the better. I would rather not see a direct connection in a game.

jiggle

I would be fine with the Compilation additions, especially considering how almost half of the FFVII-related titles now imply Genesis is one of the major villains of that world. Every other thing you proposed has me pretty muffed, though. The less connection the era of Teedushawhaw has to the world of FFVII, the better. I would rather not see a direct connection in a game.
Dear god(dess) no more geneshit plz
Such a wretched character
I'd take 200 lightning cameo over him

Hedge

Ugh. Just ugh.

Creative stagnation or trying to relieve past victories? Can't decide. I miss the days when each new Final Fantasy was a new game, new world. Doesn't help that only the more vapid entries seem to get the sequel treatment.

Exactly how I feel.
Please don't go down this road, SE!

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
d0wn.jpg

AHDHWDAHHAHAHA I'M DYING THERE
WHOEVER MADE THIS, YOU'RE A GENIUS

That said, if by "X-3" you mean "Braska-Jecht-Auron Bringing On The Calm", sure, go ahead. I'll buy it, right now. Even if it's directed by Toriyama and written by Watanabe.
Collector's edition, even.

Or, that Auron Returns poster. I'll buy that, too. Actually, i'll print that in five minutes.

I guess this place is good as any to recommend reading Soldier of Spira to anyone who likes Auron

Soriku

I don't think there's a whole lot to tell in a Jecht, Auron, Braska story. The conclusion wouldn't even be satisfying. Braska dies, Jecht becomes Sin, and Auron gets one-shotted by Yunalesca but still has the strength to crawl to tell Kimahri about Yuna. THE END.

Skilletor

I don't think there's a whole lot to tell in a Jecht, Auron, Braska story. The conclusion wouldn't even be satisfying. Braska dies, Jecht becomes Sin, and Auron gets one-shotted by Yunalesca but still has the strength to crawl to tell Kimahri about Yuna. THE END.

All about the execution. I knew Zack was going to die in Crisis Core, but the ending still left me with the feels because of how it was handled.

Dear god(dess) no more geneshit plz
Such a wretched character
I'd take 200 lightning cameo over him
Please, PLEASE don't say that. There are no winners in the battle between Genesis and Lightning. We all loose either way!

All about the execution. I knew Zack was going to die in Crisis Core, but the ending still left me with the feels because of how it was handled.
I don't think there's a enough to warrant a FULL game. That's the thing, also. Square knew that, which is the reason for all the filler crap(Genesis, Project G...). Otherwise, I just don't see Square Enix making them into full games within injecting pointless new stuff that convolutes the original established canon. Hell, I'd go on to say, the perfect means for these stories(Zack's story, Jecht/Braska/Auron's pilgrimage) would be in novella form. If most, and if Square's daring, you could make that into an short episodic OVA(or short film). Nothing more, nothing less. It would keep on point, not stray from the plot that matters and be short enough to get the precision right. A full length game, I just cannot see it working without doddling off into the "there's more to it than you actually knew... yeah, let's just make up a new threat and a bunch of far-fetched ideas and cram them into the continuity for the sake of padding!!!".

Top Bottom