• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kermit.gif: Dragon Quest Press Event in Japan [DQIX = 28/3, 5980yen, DQX = Wii]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I think my "third parties are treating the Wii like crap" stance was just bitchslapped into next week.

Ydahs

"DORAKUE SUKUENI past president of the "Pokemon may be more interesting story now ... (laughs)." また、「ドラゴンクエスト9は皆様の期待を裏切ることはない!」と断言。 The "Dragon Quest 9 to betray the expectations of everyone!" And asserted. やってくれますね……。 ... I will. "

Iwata: [laughs]

Brofist

donny2112 said:
I guess that answers the question of whether the Wii will gain an RPG presence or not. :lol

Well I wouldn't go proclaiming it the next PS2 just yet, but yeah of course it's big.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Message from the President Wada SUKUENI 14:32. "Iwata, the president can rarely appeared to be improbable, so I'm really pleased," "the completion of the DORAKUE IX, and are really relieved. Ah, the feeling was good,"
Iwata said Nintendo platform 14:27. Huge smile! Iwata said "Wii in DORAKUE X (Ten) have been developed, thank you."
14:25 Horii said "Wii in the Dragon Quest X (Ten) has also developed a" PORORI. Huh? Great balls of fire

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So I guess the next question is whether 3rd parties are going to fully jump on board after this. It certainly seemed to me that following the DQ9 announcement was when 3rd parties started putting every RPG known to man on DS..

Mr.Wuggles

Neo Member
WTF they even showed a trailer of DQX?

damn, they should have at least released DQIX first. DQIX was announced 2 years after DQVIII RELEASED. DQX has been announced when DQIX hasn't even released!

anyway, i'm sure DQWii is going to be a story-driven DQ like modern DQ's, as opposed to DQIX with it's "make your own character" theme.

nuclear_blast.jpg

Teknoman

manueldelalas said:
Message from the President Wada SUKUENI 14:32. "Iwata, the president can rarely appeared to be improbable, so I'm really pleased," "the completion of the DORAKUE IX, and are really relieved. Ah, the feeling was good,"
Iwata said Nintendo platform 14:27. Huge smile! Iwata said "Wii in DORAKUE X (Ten) have been developed, thank you."
14:25 Horii said "Wii in the Dragon Quest X (Ten) has also developed a" PORORI. Huh? Great balls of fire

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
manueldelalas said:
This made me laugh. :lol

Meier

Jonnyram said:
Square Enix just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase DQIX for DS, nor will they purchase any of Square Enix’s games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square Enix has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square Enix, publicly apologize and cancel DQX for Wii or you can kiss your business goodbye.
lmao :lol :lol :lol :lol The (I'm an expert) line always kills me. :lol

mj1108

manueldelalas said:

Great balls of fire!

donny2112

kpop100 said:
Well I wouldn't go proclaiming it the next PS2 just yet, but yeah of course it's big.

I had been thinking the RPG presence on the Wii would be comparable to the GameCube in Japan. Obviously that line of thinking is now out the window.

DQIV, DQV, DQVI remade for DS to go with DQIX. DQVII remade for Wii before DQX?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE

manueldelalas said:
I'm gonna need a translation of the translation. :lol

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
schuelma said:
So I guess the next question is whether 3rd parties are going to fully jump on board after this. It certainly seemed to me that following the DQ9 announcement was when 3rd parties started putting every RPG known to man on DS..

Well, considering that Japanese developers are starting to do so, this will likely accelerate this move to the Wii.

Nothing more really, since the 3rd parties are starting to move to the Wii.

Alcibiades

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssTechMediaTelecomNews/idUSTKX00313920081210

TOKYO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - Japanese game software maker Square Enix Holdings Co Ltd (9684.T: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) said on Wednesday it plans to launch the newest version of its popular "Dragon Quest" game series on March 28 for 5,980 yen ($64.73).

The blockbuster game is designed for Nintendo Co Ltd's (7974.OS: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) DS handheld gear. It also said it is developing Dragon Quest X (Ten) for Nintendo's Wii game console. ($1=92.38 Yen)

(Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
donny2112 said:
I had been thinking the RPG presence on the Wii would be comparable to the GameCube in Japan. Obviously that line of thinking is now out the window.

DQIV, DQV, DQVI remade for DS before DQIX. DQVII remade for Wii before DQX?

I expect SE to give Wii at least some RPG love leading up to it..so far, nada.

Pojo

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Tell me more.
I actually will.

Unless they radically change DQ, it can't benefit from the Wii. It could be the most beautiful thing the world has ever seen if it were to come out on the PS3, as well as boost the stagnant sales.

But Wii it is!

Tenbatsu

Capcom just posted this on their MH3 Tri webstie:lol
重要なお知らせ】
一部雑誌記事において、「モンスターハンター3(トライ)のWii以外への展開」という報道がございましたが、当社においてそのような公表は一切、行っておりません。
シリーズ最新作『モンスターハンター3(トライ)』は、Wiiの特性を活かし、これまでにないモンスターハンターを創造するべく、鋭意開発を進めております。

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom