• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter- 'Blood Machines' by Seth Ickerman and Carpenter Brut (short film)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rJP1N0v.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2050134024/blood-machines-turbo-killer-2
(Nudity?? in some art)

Two space hunters are tracking down a machine trying to free itself. After taking it down, they witness a mystical phenomenon: the ghost of a young woman pulls itself out of the machine, as if the spaceship had a soul. Trying to understand the nature of this entity, they start chasing the woman through space...

The film will be a sequel to their first collaboration of the music video for Turbo Killer

If you're curious about Carpenter Brut he's a synthwave artist whose music has been featured in Hotline Miami 2 (2 songs) and the recently released Furi (plenty of songs). They're aiming to do a short film together and depending on the success of the Kickstarter possibly even a longer feature film. It's already 15k away from being made.

I don't know how many more fans there are in here of Carpenter Brut but I know there's a community dedicated to this music and a resurgence of interest in this type of music with the recent 80s homage media.

I love his music and wanted to give the Kickstarter attention in here in case anyone didn't know and was a fan, or likes the Turbo Killer music video and wants more of that.

Pandacon

Just caught this on my Carpenter Brut subscriber feed. Now I just need to figure out how much 40 euros is in US dollars...

Carnby

Please note that there will be no new music produced for this project. It's all about the video coupled with existing songs.

It's possible that the goal may change with additional money, I'm not sure.

What!? Where did you read that?

What!? Where did you read that?
I think it's the assumption unless carpenter brut has stated it directly in one of his social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, etc).

At least reading through it if they were getting brand new music being made by CB they'd be promoting that in the Kickstarter.

Regardless I loved turbo killer and there are plenty of other songs that could get a chance to shine too if people haven't heard them (what we fight for, roller mobster, etc...).

I sent a question to the Kickstarter let's see if somebody answers

Carnby

I think it's the assumption unless carpenter brut has stated it directly in one of his social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, etc).

At least reading through it if they were getting brand new music being made by CB they'd be promoting that in the Kickstarter.

Regardless I loved turbo killer and there are plenty of other songs that could get a chance to shine too if people haven't heard them (what we fight for, roller mobster, etc...).

I sent a question to the Kickstarter let's see if somebody answers

Cool! Let us know if you get a response.

They responded to me by the way. They said there should be at least 2 or 3 tracks, maybe more depending on how he's inspired. And also depending if they get enough to do a feature film. Looks to me they might barely make the goal for just their short film so hey 2-3 new tracks sounds good to me.

VAD

This thread makes me remember I missed Carpenter Brut's concert last week...
Thanks for sharing this, I will look into this kickstarter.

Tbh I don't understand how Turbo Killer did not net Ickerman a Hollywood deal but sure, I'll foot the bill if those fools won't.

Bob White

Tbh I don't understand how Turbo Killer did not net Ickerman a Hollywood deal but sure, I'll foot the bill if those fools won't.

Seriously. It's just so fucking good it's mind blowing. I think it's the best music video of all time. So glad they're going forward with more.

epmode

They responded to me by the way. They said there should be at least 2 or 3 tracks, maybe more depending on how he's inspired. And also depending if they get enough to do a feature film. Looks to me they might barely make the goal for just their short film so hey 2-3 new tracks sounds good to me.

Oh good, I'm happy to be wrong.

Commodore

I discovered Turbo Killer about a month ago and was blown away. That kind of style and vision displayed is something I can't help but want to see more of. Backed.

Haven't see Turbo Killer, but the half-hour run of Roller Mobster on YouTube has gotten me through some tired ass moments at work.

The man makes cocaine for the ears.

Haven't see Turbo Killer, but the half-hour run of Roller Mobster on YouTube has gotten me through some tired ass moments at work.

The man makes cocaine for the ears.

I don't know what it is, but even my friends who almost exclusively listen to metal love him. Maybe it's the more aggressive style to his music. I want his babies.

I wasn't expecting them to reach the full feature length film tier when they're relatively unknown. And Carpenter Brut isn't exactly well known with the masses.

But hey, at least they got funded and hit some stretch goals so we'll get a kickass short film out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom