• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

zroid

Banned
Anybody else pretty psyched for the big cardboard box?

I know it's silly - it's not even a CE! But I love "specialty" boxes.

lol -- yeah, a bit. Despite just being a dinky cardboard box, it's still probably going on the shelf where I keep all the steelbooks/CEs/artbooks/etc.

Neiteio

FoxHimself, could you please put in spoiler tags what sort of thing happened when you thought you had reached the credits? For example, was it like 3D Land, where another half of the game opens up (the eight Special Worlds)? Please let us know -- thanks. :)

Hey! Yes I do! What do I win?!
VB8nL.jpg

so ur old enough to remember when Nintendo had magic?

No, I just remember the awesome little plastic clip cases they used.

Pyrokai

Yeah, so could someone be kind enough to sum up all the places where we can get AR cards for this game? Here's what I have so far:

1 card via Game Informer magazine
3 cards via Club Nintendo
3(?) cards via @Gamer magazine

Feel free to add to the list. I know I'm missing some. How is everyone going to try and get all the cards?

SmithnCo

Yeah, so could someone be kind enough to sum up all the places where we can get AR cards for this game? Here's what I have so far:

1 card via Game Informer magazine
3 cards via Club Nintendo
3(?) cards via @Gamer magazine

Feel free to add to the list. I know I'm missing some. How is everyone going to try and get all the cards?

Apparently Gamestop is having an event in April where they will give cards too? I don't know all the details.

Good reviews and impressions, kinda want but... no demo, no buy.

First I need to play to see if I like it, I'm definitely not here for Sin & Punishment 3.

I think Neiteio is going to burst a vessel in his brain and die of an aneurysm Thursday night if he keeps this up! Damn, I haven't seen a GAFfer this frothily hyped for a game in a loooong time :p

Neiteio

I think Neiteio is going to burst a vessel in his brain and die of an aneurysm Thursday night if he keeps this up! Damn, I haven't seen a GAFfer this frothily hyped for a game in a loooong time :p
LOL, wasn't that an IGN pull-quote for TimeSplitters 2 or something? "Our mouths froth in anticipation" or some such?

More to the point, I'm irritated FoxHimself is now in a position to to fulfill his reason for his existence on this earth (read: early Kid Icarus news), and yet, he teases and taunts.

Monster.

zroid

Banned
LOL, wasn't that an IGN pull-quote for TimeSplitters 2 or something? "Our mouths froth in anticipation" or some such?

More to the point, I'm irritated FoxHimself is now in a position to to fulfill his reason for his existence on this earth (read: early Kid Icarus news), and yet, he teases and taunts.

Monster.

Lol, it was Ikaruga. Our frothing demand for this game increases. Glorious.

This is an issue I'm sure people have already talked about, but this is my first time in this thread.

I'm left-handed. Have any left-handed gaffers tried the game? Obviously, peoples coordination with their off hand varies, but how did you feel playing the game with the standard control scheme? Is there any other control scheme available? I never thought this could be a problem with any game, but I feel like I wouldn't have the necessary accuracy to play the game with any real finesse.

Neiteio

I just realized, with no sign of booster packs/boxes for sale in the U.S., you Euro folks can become like crack dealers for us Americans, selling us cards... Sweet, precious cards...

NeoRausch

This is an issue I'm sure people have already talked about, but this is my first time in this thread.

I'm left-handed. Have any left-handed gaffers tried the game? Obviously, peoples coordination with their off hand varies, but how did you feel playing the game with the standard control scheme? Is there any other control scheme available? I never thought this could be a problem with any game, but I feel like I wouldn't have the necessary accuracy to play the game with any real finesse.
You can use the face buttons or the circle pad pro.

Just unlocked another challenge wall. Up to 240 different ones now.

After defeating Medusa, the end credits rolls and everyone is happy. Then motherfucking HADES comes, grabs the entire ending credits screen and starts laying down verbal smackdowns. Turns out he's resurrected Medusa just to keep Pit and Palutena busy while he's off murdering people to fill up his realm.

And yeah, the game just keeps on going. The 12 hour claim is probably not too shabby. We'll see. Right now I'm fighting over a huge battle between two nations who are duking it out Lord of the Rings style, with flybys so close I can make out individual horsemen. I might film a short bit of it if anyone wants to see.

I'm still not the world's biggest fan of the ground controls, but at least I'm not hindered by them. Also, the vehicle combat is pretty fun.

I donated 400 hearts just to see what happened (there's a menu screen where you can just give away your currency). Looks like Palutena, which you can barely see in the distance, moves a time bit closer every time you donate. I wonder what happens when she's gone all the way.

And yeah, the game just keeps on going. The 12 hour claim is probably not too shabby. We'll see. Right now I'm fighting over a huge battle between two nations who are duking it out Lord of the Rings style, with flybys so close I can make out individual horsemen. I might film a short bit of it if anyone wants to see.

I'm still not the world's biggest fan of the ground controls, but at least I'm not hindered by them. Also, the vehicle combat is pretty fun.

I donated 400 hearts just to see what happened (there's a menu screen where you can just give away your currency). Looks like Palutena, which you can barely see in the distance, moves a time bit closer every time you donate. I wonder what happens when she's gone all the way.

Sexy time?

Neiteio

i028kCJ6xsq3G.jpg

Wizpig

Wait, is this available on the U.S. Virtual Console, or just the exclusive Evil eShop that only Wizpig and other game villains can use?
It's been on the European eShop since a few weeks :]

3DS Virtual Console[1]

JP February 8, 2012
EU March 8, 2012

Kid_Icarus_OM%26M_boxart.png

Needless to say, as EVERY NES/Gameboy series, this is better than the NES counterpart in almost every aspect.

NeonZ

FoxHimself needs to elaborate (in spoiler-tagged fashion) what surprise thing happened when he thought he "beat" the game.

EDIT: Wild guess: Orcos from "Of Myth and Monsters" (the GB Kid Icarus) is the real boss:

OrcosBigKidIcarus.jpg

Eh? EH?

Have they acknowledged that game at all so far? I don't think a single of the random enemies that debuted or got make overs there have appeared in footage of this new game.

Neiteio

Have they acknowledged that game at all so far? I don't think a single of the random enemies that debuted or got make overs there have appeared in footage of this new game.
It would be funny if Uprising, a portable game, ends up paying homage to Kid Icarus, a console game, and if a WiiU console sequel ends up paying homage to Of Myths and Monsters, a portable game.

botty

Banned

A blessing of course.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

After defeating Medusa, the end credits rolls and everyone is happy. Then motherfucking HADES comes, grabs the entire ending credits screen and starts laying down verbal smackdowns. Turns out he's resurrected Medusa just to keep Pit and Palutena busy while he's off murdering people to fill up his realm.

I WANT!

Almost forgot. Here's what happened.

You can use the face buttons or the circle pad pro.

Face buttons for directional input is pretty much the worst possible scenario. It'd be like playing the N64 again. :/

I didn't know the game supported the CPP, but Nintendo can eat shit before I buy a not-quite-analog stick that runs on batteries.

EDIT: Neiteio, thanks for those screens. Hmm, so I'm just confused now. I thought all the attacks were done with the stylus, but I see you can use face buttons for attacks. In that case, what is the stylus doing?

Wow....That sounds crazy. I'm assuming you haven't beat it yet but do you think it's on par with Sakurai's other work?

Neiteio

O__O

Warning to the rest of you, that is one HELL of a revelation.

Does it result in more game? And how much more?

That's insane. Wow.

EDIT: Whoops. Missed your post higher up.

All is forgiven, my son.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

HOLY FUCK!

Top Bottom