• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

I was getting destroyed. I went over 1K in a couple of games but I ended the rest with like 18 points.

Also screw all of you with claws and reflective shields. Every time I shot a charge shot it came right back at me.

Fun stuff though, looking forward to more later.

I seem to average about 200-400 points in a game but when I used a staff I only had 50 :(

I'm still trying to find the weapon that clicks, I lean towards palms but I have very, very few of them.

olimpia84

Have you guys used the gems given via SpotSpass yet? It seems like they would yield very powerful weapons but I'm afraid to fuse them in case a more powerful combination comes up with future gems.

KevinCow

Banned
The Ball Cannon seems to be the weapon that's clicked for me. It hits hard, but it still fires fast. And its charged shot is brutal and can go pretty damn far if you arc it just right.

I just need one with a walking speed booster, because I hate that it makes me kinda slow. I even saw one in the store, but I didn't have enough hearts to buy it.

I posted this in the Club Nintendo thread, but wanted everyone to see it who has had problems getting their survey to go through. (To get 40 points before the March 31st deadline)

I finally got the Kid Icarus survey to go through. It's java script fucking it all up. I had a feeling it was.

I got it through using Firefox, but with a little trick.

Now, you need java script running in order to log into Club Nintendo, as well as with the part where it loads your personal info when you start to do a survey. (When it asks about your age and shit.)

Go ahead do the survey as normal, but before you hit "finish," hit control, alt, delete to bring up your windows task manager. Then hit the "processes" tab. Then find the script that's running. It'll say something like "plug-in container." That's the Java running. Highlight it and hit "end process".

Once it's done running go ahead and click "finish" at the end of the survey. It should go through.

KarmaCow

I posted this in the Club Nintendo thread, but wanted everyone to see it who has had problems getting their survey to go through. (To get 40 points before the March 31st deadline)

Do you mean 40 extra points or 10 extra points for 40 total? I'm holding off on registering KI to save the points for next year but 40 extra points would be nice.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lol, it doesn't track 100% but I fused it to get +homing. Good games, had to go, got stuff to do!

haha when I see an arrow doing loop de loops in the air to chase after someone that shit might as well be 100% tracking XD

Pretty sure that weapon in general has the highest default tracking though.

JoeFenix

haha when I see an arrow doing loop de loops in the air to chase after someone that shit might as well be 100% tracking XD

Pretty sure that weapon in general has the highest default tracking though.

It's actualy no that easy to use because at medium to short range you are screwed. When I get rushed by claw people I better pray that my dodging is on point or else I am completely fucked.

You tire extremely fast while using it too so it's hard to run away, balance seems pretty good honestly!

StAidan

After a few times through chapter 3, I noticed that
Hewdraw's
death statement at the end depends on which
head
was defeated last in your initial (air) encounter. Sometimes, it's just the little things.

Takuhi

When you unlock a stage like Spiral Tower or Forgotten City in the Treasure Hunt, how do you play it? Am I missing something obvious here?

Tuck

Kinda wishes they choose another Pit design. I never liked the Brawl incarnation.

No way! He's adorable!

I wish there was an option to not drop down to a lower difficult if you die - like, offer up extra hearts or something. I made it through to a boss, died, and got knocked down a full difficulty level.

JoeFenix

Has anyone figured out how the laurel crown icons work in single-player? When you finish a stage you get a crown icon over the stage, sometimes it's green and sometimes it's gold.

I finished some stages at intensity 9.0 and the icon is still green and some stages at 6.0 and the icon is golden. I have no clue what's going on there...

zroid

Banned
Ha well I watched the QL finally. Brad seemed to really enjoy it, despite being clueless about a few things. There is a lot to figure out, so can't blame him much.

Seems like the people who got an overall negative impression from the QL only watched the first 10 minutes or so.

Disguises

You know how in the "Together" menu, when you get to choose Far Away or Nearby, what are those icons on the top right near the battery icon? Right now I have a blue dual-sword, and 6 green daggers. What do they mean?
Hmmm.
How many enemies do you have defeated?
Not sure if this has been mentioned recently, but it does seems to relate to the amount of kills you have in together mode. I previously had 66 kills and had 6 blue and 6 green swords. I now have 92 kills and have 9 blue and 2 green. I wonder why they put this in when you can just see the number of kills? :S

branny

Omg, are you guys saying the weapon names change color as you defeat more opponents with them? That would be so freaking cool. Not only would that help you easily identify your favorite ones on each list, it'd be like its own kind of battle trophy. I have some weird colored ones, too, but I had no idea what the colors meant.

"This bow has felled over 1000 foes..."

Busaiku

Man, I'm really horrible at managing items in multiplayer.
Maybe I just need to trim down my selection.
branny said:
Omg, are you guys saying the weapon names change color as you defeat more opponents with them? That would be so freaking cool. Not only would that help you easily identify your favorite ones on each list, it'd be like its own kind of battle trophy. I have some weird colored ones, too, but I had no idea what the colors meant.
I think it only changes to Green if you have it as a set in Together.

Has anyone figured out how the laurel crown icons work in single-player? When you finish a stage you get a crown icon over the stage, sometimes it's green and sometimes it's gold.

I finished some stages at intensity 9.0 and the icon is still green and some stages at 6.0 and the icon is golden. I have no clue what's going on there...

Maybe gold = found every chest/secret ?

Busaiku

So many items are you guys generally using in multiplayer matches?
It's a shame I'm so obsessive about filling the grid that I load myself with a bunch of useless stuff, while getting rid of stuff that might actually help.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Once I discovered the hewdraw club, with 4.5 ranged and 2.5 melee, I became unstoppable. Averaging 1.6k in the past 5+ matches. Pair that with the weapon having poison and homing boost + instant charge and homing boost powers. Gawddamn.

Ragus

Banned
So many items are you guys generally using in multiplayer matches?
It's a shame I'm so obsessive about filling the grid that I load myself with a bunch of useless stuff, while getting rid of stuff that might actually help.

If I remember correctly, it goes like this:

-mines
-health recovery
-staus recovery
-poison
-confusion
-paralyze

Has anyone glanced at the credits to see what folks make up Project Sora? I believe I heard that Nintendo was trying to recruit a lot of Brawl members, but Brawl had such a clusterfuck of different folks from various companies...

Goli

Added everyone on the friend code list so far!
Also, I can't be the only one who thinks (early game spoilers)
Gaol looks like Stella from Versus XIII?

Can any of the left-handed players here give me some impressions?

After watching the QL, I'm 50/50 on the game, but trying to imagine what this must play like for lefties gives me the chills.

matmanx1

Started KI today and did the first 3 stages just now. The game is ridiculously fun and I can tell that collecting and fusing weapons is going to become a new obsession in and of itself.

I had early misgivings about this game and was very afraid it was going to suck. In fact it is the very opposite of suck and is in fact, wonderful! Good job, Nintendo!

Okay, I'm an idiot and need help in Chapter

Got through the flying part. Tried the robot suit thing and Palutena says it can't go any further and to get out and head to the ruins where there will be a hole in the floor to get to Dark Pit. Walked up to what I thought were the ruins...but no hole. I've been wandering around for 15 minutes trying to find the stupid hole in the floor.

GAF HALP!

Bullza2o

Not sure if this has been mentioned recently, but it does seems to relate to the amount of kills you have in together mode. I previously had 66 kills and had 6 blue and 6 green swords. I now have 92 kills and have 9 blue and 2 green. I wonder why they put this in when you can just see the number of kills? :S

You're correct. I have 110 kills now, and I have a dual-sword and a blue sword.
dual = 100
light blue = 10
green = 1

pretty cool "badges" concept.

Maybe gold = found every chest/secret ?
Yeah I can confirm this. I finally found the only treasure chest that I haven't encountered, and it finally turned gold.

Wow so many cool things in this game!

Items I use:

Laser Lv.2 - For blocking people's view, getting chip hits on low damage people across field.
Mine Lv.1 - For people that follow me
Confuse booster. Lv.1
Huge explosion lv.1- People love to group together, this is amazing, especially on free-for-all
Tiredlessness Lv.2- Running away? Especially with a huge weapon when running is needed? Use this.

Croc

Banned

After watching the QL, I'm 50/50 on the game, but trying to imagine what this must play like for lefties gives me the chills.

I initially tried out the right handed scheme since normally I can adjust to that pretty well. In this case, that was not so. I switched stuff around and used to ABXY for moving and left hand for stylus and it felt much better, but still a little awkward. That ended up going away with time though, just like with everyone else. Now it feels completely natural, even using ABXY and not a CPP.

hatchx

Banned

Got through the flying part. Tried the robot suit thing and Palutena says it can't go any further and to get out and head to the ruins where there will be a hole in the floor to get to Dark Pit. Walked up to what I thought were the ruins...but no hole. I've been wandering around for 15 minutes trying to find the stupid hole in the floor.

GAF HALP!

There should be a green arrow pointing you in the right way. I'll replay it in an hour or so and let you know if you are still having problems.

methodman

Banned

GAF HALP!

there's three different paths. one goes up to where you went, one goes to the suit thing and one goes towards a basement.

Busaiku

Oh yeah, my code is 5069-3918-6400.
Get me in there guys!

Going through the list now.
Probably already got some of you guys through Mario Kart/Swap Note anyways.

Lots of left handed players have already posted throughout the thread saying it's fine.

I am left handed and it is fine.

Of course I have a circle pad pro, but others here don't and they still enjoy it.

Robin64

Just started Chapter 15 and the story has once again made me go "Whaaaat?!"
In a good way.

I'm beginning to think that this might be Nintendo's most epic adventure yet, in terms of scope of the story and various things that happen.

Top Bottom