• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer In-Sync? (Update: Not really)

daman824

There have been reports of this happening to users on GAF within this very thread. We need more people to record their gameplay and upload it (those that want to actually bring it to light) so that we can have more footage.
In the example we have, the AI did not take over. It was a de-sync issue. Stop trying to blow this out of proportion and realize it's not a big issue.

And wtf at "those of us who want to bring it to light"? Your grasping at straws.

There have been reports of this happening to users on GAF within this very thread. We need more people to record their gameplay and upload it (those that want to actually bring it to light) so that we can have more footage.

Implying people are working to cover it up?

Come on...

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
some one here who likes to put those 2 videos together?

just now watched the video in the OP and I am still confused.

he wins the first round, and almost the second.
WTF?

I'll save you the trouble and spoil the ending.

The matches are identical, the netcode is amazing.

Randam

so this is the answer:
This is from the Double Helix forums in the Killer Intsinct Bug Reporting Thread.

MULTIPLAYER DESYNCHRONIZATION:
User States: It seems like players in an exhibition match will desynchronize after a certain amount of rematches. The opposing player from either side will appear to not do anything and once the round is finished the lobby will close.
User States: Desynch is causing both players to see a victory screen from they're perspective. Thus, giving the illusion to a player that he won the match.

http://www.doublehelixgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/bug-reporting-thread.5112/

?

i dont know.
it wasnt a certain amount of rematches.
just one.

and one player didnt appear to do nothing.
he was keeping fighting like everything was fine.

and btw.: is it just a coincidence, that the guy from the double helix forum and the guy from this thread have the same avatar?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724897

"Those that want to?" Did someone just suggest a C-C-C-C-Conspiracy?

Uoj6nF7.gif

Amazing.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
It's still utterly laughable that such a situation can occur, rare bug or common bug.

Something that runs amazing 99.9% of the time is pretty great.

However, with rollback netcode, these things happen when you're talking single frames and milliseconds of ping. I mean, have you played a majority of fighting games online? Most can get extremely poor, almost unplayable, and the netcode in KI blows even the best out of the water with how it handles connection stability over 2000 miles away. Games like Tekken Tag 2 and Virtua Fighter 5 had to add buffer windows of input frames to mask the lag. A brilliant idea to cover up the ongoing issue of input delay in fighting games, but distance still can hurt the match quality very hard.

Also, week one of console launching with new online infrastructure. PSN wasn't working for most folks the first couple days of PS4 being launched. I'm only glad I've been able to play KI online as much as I have over the past week. Biggest issue has been dealing with the XB1 interface.

I think I'll trust Max on the matter, he would be in one of the better positions to know how frequent this happens. If he says it works 99.9% of the time, that's good enough for me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've had a few matches end like that. The fight seems to be going smooth, and everything seems to be going right, and then it pauses and disconnects in the middle of what looks to be a fairly even match for me, and the opponent. The kind of thing a competent player wouldn't give up on.

So this seems to explain what was happening. The game De-Synched on each side. I believe I've only ever seen this happen in my time with exhibition matches, and not with ranked.

SFxT OBVIOUSLY did this a whole heaping bunch of times early-on, pre-patch. I'd see my friend (who has very good fighter reactions) constantly "react" to things I DIDN'T do, letting me know that wasn't exactly how things were suppose to go. You'd catch things such as over-walking to bait moves, sweep-loops that the opponent should be able to react to (that suddenly turns into a rollback instant-DP counter), fireballs that were called out, but never thrown, etc. 've seen such things also happen in laggier match replies from KoF XIII on 360; What I fought was an OK match, the replay showed either character often standing still and tossing out normals without reason; making it look as if one of the opponents went brain-dead after some time had past.

Anyone who'se played this game while listening to comments from the other side, can tell it is in-synch a vast majority of the time. I hope this issue can be refined out of the game, but this is hardly outside the realm of expectation for "fresh" Fighting Game Netcode. If anything, this is closer to what I expected (with a few hiccups and oddities), than the "IT'S AMAZING AND SOMEHOW BEATS CAPCOM AND NACMO ON DAY ONE!" stuff we've seen before.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Players magically expect Online/Multiplayer games to be perfect, when the cable connected between the devices have latency?

That exaggeration is top notch.

Shito

Yup, I totally missed this thread, and it's the better titled one that just popped which redirected me here.

So, is this patched?

Top Bottom