• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Naked Lunch

This game doesnt get enough credit in this new gen. It might be the best game out for the new systems - and it keeps getting better. Such a unique way to release a fighter in bite sized chunks - it will keep people coming back in the long run. The character adjustments in this update are great - particularly Fulgore who is a total beast now with the meter recharge. I just need a 6 button fightpad already.

Delt31

are we to expect the 10% GPU increase which Adam mentioned by launch? I'm thinking resolution could be improved etc. Also stage ultras in there as well (At launch)? They've been very cryptic about whats in AT launch vs after. Only thing I know for sure is that we'll be getting that updated interface which makes the game look like a ps1 budget title but oh well.

EDIT - maybe the interface has been improved b/c this recent tweet is giving me hope. Looks like maya has daggers in her pose as well:

http://instagram.com/p/uHGkXrskWN/

So Adam just confirmed on the forums that we'll notice what the 10% did RIGHT AWAY. Interesting. I just hope it's performance based on somehow noticed in the trailer.

MattXIII

This game doesnt get enough credit in this new gen. It might be the best game out for the new systems - and it keeps getting better. Such a unique way to release a fighter in bite sized chunks - it will keep people coming back in the long run. The character adjustments in this update are great - particularly Fulgore who is a total beast now with the meter recharge. I just need a 6 button fightpad already.

The Mad Katz KI TE2 arcade stick is top notch, best stick I've ever used.

They seem to be pretty rare though

Silky

Banned
I want Cinder and Kim Wu. They're my favorites out of the remaining. Tusk is stupid. Fuck Tusk. Riptor...man you're cool too, but Cinder is priority man.

shandy706

I'm guessing Riptor and Cinder...we have Maya and Aria (sp?) don't we?...two female characters coming...so that's my guess.

I want Cinder and Kim Wu. They're my favorites out of the remaining. Tusk is stupid. Fuck Tusk. Riptor...man you're cool too, but Cinder is priority man.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

I really want Kim Wu and I'd be okay with either Cinder or Riptor.

Fuck Tusk.

shandy706

Calling it now, it's gonna be Cinder and Tusk. Riptor will be a selling point for Season 3 (which I reaallllyy hope happens).

Hmmm...Riptor would be a reason to make a lot of people buy 3..lol.

I wasn't a fan of playing as Riptor really, but always though he looked cool.

Delt31

guys - DEF CINDER AND TUSK.

No way they double up S2 and include the last two OG KI characters.

S3 selling point is riptor. Maya is a new female character for S2 so Tusk it is. I would bet a lot of money on this one.....

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I never played the old KI so I have no attachments to any old characters. I feel left out :(

It's ok, while I did play them breifly, I don't really have any attachment either. So in the end it just makes me have no expectations!

Silky

Banned

S3 selling point is riptor. Maya is a new female character for S2 so Tusk it is. I would bet a lot of money on this one.....

The only way I can see Tusk is that if they go for the Tusk/Maya marriage thing in regards to KI2. Which would fucking suck because Tusk is a fucking chump and Maya can do better, but it's definitely plausible.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

I really like this delivery method overall; I really like the idea of fighters growing alongside a playerbase, and constant evolution and new ideas being poured into a base game. I wish there were more series ready to meet us so early in the gen like this.

I also love how quick the fan-requested changes can occur in an update-friendly model like this. It's great to see issues like Fulgore's gameplay addressed before the 4th iteration of a game years and years after it's initial release...

----

For those who were mentioning value for the game, I rather like what I get with the product; 2 ports of old arcade games I've never had solid official ports of before, and a few bonus costumes that can actually be mixed and matched for a bit of personality.

A few things I think often get glossed over in the value proposition, are the Dynamic soundtracks, and a stage per character. I really disliked how many games started to drop these things in the more recent console generations. Those elements of character building shouldn't be lost in this modern gaming age. If anything, they should become more prevalent, with the ease of reusing animation between models, and the availability of downloadable updates, allowing for new content after a games release.

And lastly, all updates to the game are retroactive to the old content, as well. Every character is getting tutorial stuff added in over time. Every character is getting story content. And you have some nice tools that even the bigger fighters haven't all assimilated yet, like Frame Data and hitboxes right out of the box. Everyone's getting a chance at any new tool that's added to the game.

The digital special edition thing isn't perfect yet, surely. *They really should let a person upgrade their combo packs to ultra easily.* But I do have to say I much prefer this, than trying to hunt down price-increasing limited editions at retailers, of needing to worry about stores gutting the box and losing it's contents.

Even if I don't like the old KI's as much as I used to, I still think their inclusion with a rather solid new game that has a variety of constantly refined features that go beyond the standards, is a good value. It stands right along side Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare as a game I feel like I've very solidly gotten my moneys worth out of, in this more current generation.

I swear, if you've jinxed this and Riptor doesn't show up.

So help me...

Silky

Banned
watch cinder be left to season 3

the lulz from the tears will be glorious

tumblr_nd7ms0OO1Z1qkigo4o7_500.jpg

Also on the Cinder/Tusk train. We already got one returning female so I think they'll save Kim Wu for next season. Also since Tusk is probably on the bottom of that list popularity wise, they'll throw him in this season because he won't be much of a draw as one of the only two returning characters next season.

Also on the Cinder/Tusk train. We already got one returning female so I think they'll save Kim Wu for next season. Also since Tusk is probably on the bottom of that list popularity wise, they'll throw him in this season because he won't be much of a draw as one of the only two returning characters next season.

Agreed. If they do Tusk the right way he could be awesome with that giant sword gameplay, though.

Top Bottom