• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER IS DEAD |OT| LOVE AND KILL

Coconut

Banned
I'll admit something. I went through the first 6 missions without upgrading anything. Then I was confused/getting my ass kicked in mission 7 and decided to look at the upgrade menu. Holy crap at the options you've got health and move wise, many of which turned about to very helpful in that boss and everything I've gotten up to at the completion of mission 10.

Mission 10 in particular is making me a real fan of this Suda 51 guy.
"Tommy" the tank engine
as the entire levels boss. Pure craziness in the best way possible.

It's funny because I did mission 7 last night and was amazed that if you weren't upgrading properly how lightly fucked a person might end up. That's a new one for a Grasshopper game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I usually like Suda games, but this one did nothing for me. The lengthy cutscenes, loading screen, more cutscenes, loading screen, PLAY really screwed up the flow. I got to about halfway through the game and immediately skipped all cutscenes thereafter. Shallow combat along with a terrible camera didn't make the actual game fun either. Oh well.

Coconut

Banned
I usually like Suda games, but this one did nothing for me. The lengthy cutscenes, loading screen, more cutscenes, loading screen, PLAY really screwed up the flow. I got to about halfway through the game and immediately skipped all cutscenes thereafter. Shallow combat along with a terrible camera didn't make the actual game fun either. Oh well.

Ill agree with you that the camera and soft lock are garbage, but how are you playing a grasshopper game not looking forward to the weirdness that the cutscenes bring? You are talking as if they are as serious and lengthy as a MGS4 cut scene.

Tizoc

Just started the game and would like to know a few things-
1- When can I do the R1+Square attack?
2- Can I leave all gigolo missions and do them before the very final mission?
3- What's the best way to max out a Beauty's gauge during Gigolo mode.

Coconut

Banned

1. You need blood in your gauge

2. I don't know

3. Give her the right present.

Luigi87

1. When you have a blood flower in your gauge.

2. You can do gigolo missions whenever you want. I've gone through the game on Normal, Easy, and Very Hard, and still haven't bothered finishing them all.

3. Give her the present she wants, which is easy to know if you have the Gigolo glasses. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

Just finished it. Very enjoyable as my first Suda 51 game. 8:15 hours over the course of 3 days, Monday to Wednesday. $7.3 mil in rewards, 507 executions and 41 deaths. Only $1500 on the ladies but I can go back to the non-controversial side missions now.

It's funny because I did mission 7 last night and was amazed that if you weren't upgrading properly how lightly fucked a person might end up. That's a new one for a Grasshopper game.

I had just completely forgotten about them until I my ass was getting kicked with no revives and low health at the boss.

That episode has such AWESOME music.

Safe to assume that's on the included soundtrack?

Tain

Just beat this on Hard without using Mika tickets.

This was really good, and the combat was a very big step up for Grasshopper. Very pleasantly surprised.

Coconut

Banned
Just finished it. Very enjoyable as my first Suda 51 game. 8:15 hours over the course of 3 days, Monday to Wednesday. $7.3 mil in rewards, 507 executions and 41 deaths. Only $1500 on the ladies but I can go back to the non-controversial side missions now.

I had just completely forgotten about them until I my ass was getting kicked with no revives and low health at the boss.

Safe to assume that's on the included soundtrack?

I didn't realize you could upgrade while on a mission as well.

Just beat this on Hard without using Mika tickets.

This was really good, and the combat was a very big step up for Grasshopper. Very pleasantly surprised.

I don't know LC is pretty good and the camera doesn't blow ass in LC as well.

Carnby

1. When you have a blood flower in your gauge.

2. You can do gigolo missions whenever you want. I've gone through the game on Normal, Easy, and Very Hard, and still haven't bothered finishing them all.

3. Give her the present she wants, which is easy to know if you have the Gigolo glasses. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

How do the glasses reveal what they like?

Coconut

Banned
Missions 8 & 9 are the kind of things I have come to expect out of Suda 51.

Is there a new game + option at the end if the game. Some of these unlocks should just be a thing in the game that isn't an unlock.

6gM7Juc.jpg

Thought I'd put down my thoughts on Miiverse about KID. Even after the initial shock of the game, I'm still in love with it. Really cool to see others digging it, too. :)

Andrew.

Banned
Is there a new game + option at the end if the game.

Pretty much yeah. Once you hit "Continue" at the start screen, all episodes and challenges will be unlocked on the world map so you can go at them in any order at any time (in any difficulty) with all of your upgrades. As soon as I finished my first run on Hard, I immediately upped it to Very and breezed right through with everything intact. Money included. Everything just piles on and on and on.

Shadows of the Damned wouldve benefitted greatly from this.

Salih

I'm about to start this shit up.
I rarely watched trailers for this game so i have no idea what i will expect. I love the quirkiness of Suda51 games; the more mindfuck the better.
loved NMH1+2; liked Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw.

Let's see if this one also delivers.

Andrew.

Banned
I'm about to start this shit up.
I rarely watched trailers for this game so i have no idea what i will expect. I love the quirkiness of Suda51 games; the more mindfuck the better.
loved NMH1+2; liked Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw.

Let's see if this one also delivers.

Sounds to me like you most likely will love the hell out of it.

Andrew.

Banned
Any tips for the Chapter 7 boss? I'm having a hell of a time defeating him

Did you already do the portion of the fight on the bike?

If so, during his second form you can block all of his attacks and then counter. You just have to be ready for them. When he leaps up into the air for a split second to come down on you, make sure you hold down block and the two of you will clash swords automatically when he lands (rapidly press square). You should be able to get some solid hits on him then too,

It's mostly a block and then counter attack fight.

For the final stage (with his tiger buddy popping out of his back) what I do is keep my distance when I can taking potshots at him with the normal Musselback gun and then get in close when I can and slash away. There should be a slight sound prompt for when he will swing at you and if you Burst Dodge at the right moment youll get the opportunity for a slash fest. Really, the final portion is much easier than the first since its more heavily reliant on Dodge Bursting.

Cheddahz

Banned
Did you already do the portion of the fight on the bike?

If so, during his second form you can block all of his attacks and then counter. You just have to be ready for them. When he leaps up into the air for a split second to come down on you, make sure you hold down block and the two of you will clash swords automatically when he lands (rapidly press square). You should be able to get some solid hits on him then too,

It's mostly a block and then counter attack fight.

For the final stage (with his tiger buddy popping out of his back) what I do is keep my distance when I can taking potshots at him with the normal Musselback gun and then get in close when I can and slash away. There should be a slight sound prompt for when he will swing at you and if you Burst Dodge at the right moment youll get the opportunity for a slash fest. Really, the final portion is much easier than the first since its more heavily reliant on Dodge Bursting.
This method really helped out and I'm finally past it now. Thanks!

Salih

Sounds to me like you most likely will love the hell out of it.

well, i wasn't expecting it to be Killer7-batshit-insane. That is a plus! I have no fukkin idea what is going on storywise. Well...that is also a plus in my book!
I played till Mission 7 and it was fun ride to this point. The fighting is fine and extremly stylish; also damn i forgot Suda51 usually makes hard games. This is one tough game - even on normal.
What i kinda miss is the humor. There is none :(

Andrew.

Banned
well, i wasn't expecting it to be Killer7-batshit-insane. That is a plus! I have no fukkin idea what is going on storywise. Well...that is also a plus in my book!
I played till Mission 7 and it was fun ride to this point. The fighting is fine and extremly stylish; also damn i forgot Suda51 usually makes hard games. This is one tough game - even on normal.

Really? Mika has me rollin.

schlew

Just finished it. What a trip!

I had a great time, with the combat feeling better and better as the game went on. I'm easy to please, and what few options there were allowed me to really get a firm grasp on what to do. That is certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but I certainly enjoyed it.

I wish there was more activity in the KiD Story thread, but what's there got my brain turning. I definitely missed out on a few things, funny how many surprises there are near the beginning of the game if you only knew to look for them.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm currently on Episode 9 and I can say that the game is worth the $60, probably one of my game of the year contenders

Andrew.

Banned
I'm currently on Episode 9 and I can say that the game is worth the $60, probably one of my game of the year contenders

It's definitely on my top 5 of the year for sure. Episode 9 is excellent and then you get to 10! (my personal favorite)

That Ep. 10 music man...and the level itself is just so pretty...

Gbraga

The final boss music is incredible, oh my god this is an awesome game, I don't even have to wait til the end of the year to know for sure it'll be the most underrated game of 2013.

The boss battles are probably the best I've played this year, Ninja Theory and Platinum can get the hell out of here with their disappointing ass bosses. This is the real deal.

My favorite Grasshoper game, no doubts about it, SO GOOD.

I'm actually having a hard time stopping myself from jumping right into a new game + because I want to finish Amnesia and play Outlast before that, but boy what a ride.

This game actually had a damn good combat and very challenging fights, if they keep getting better in the gameplay department (they really should hire a better combat designer though) they'll be top tier.

Definitely one of my favorite games this year. Last year I was asking myself "which one will be my favorite action game next year, DmC or Rising?" pfffffffffffffff

The job...

KILLER IS DEAD

Really? Maybe it wasn't intentional, but I was laughing out loud in some parts.

Cheddahz

Banned
The final boss music is incredible, oh my god this is an awesome game, I don't even have to wait til the end of the year to know for sure it'll be the most underrated game of 2013.

The boss battles are probably the best I've played this year, Ninja Theory and Platinum can get the hell out of here with their disappointing ass bosses. This is the real deal.

My favorite Grasshoper game, no doubts about it, SO GOOD.

I'm actually having a hard time stopping myself from jumping right into a new game + because I want to finish Amnesia and play Outlast before that, but boy what a ride.

This game actually had a damn good combat and very challenging fights, if they keep getting better in the gameplay department (they really should hire a better combat designer though) they'll be top tier.

Definitely one of my favorite games this year. Last year I was asking myself "which one will be my favorite action game next year, DmC or Rising?" pfffffffffffffff

The job...

KILLER IS DEAD

I think Metal Gear Rising is one of the games that is going to challenge Killer Is Dead for my GOTY. I'm playing through Rayman Legends right now and that is great as well and GTA V is coming out in two weeks

Amazing year for games

Gbraga

Is there somewhere I can buy the soundtrack and/or the Mission 51 DLC? It's a shame they didn't include those in the PSN version :/

I think Metal Gear Rising is one of the games that is going to challenge Killer Is Dead for my GOTY. I'm playing through Rayman Legends right now and that is great as well and GTA V is coming out in two weeks

Amazing year for games

This year is truly incredible, may not have as many classics as something like 05~7, but the good to great games never stop coming out, I always get mindfucked when I think "wait, this game was 2013 already??", I've played so many good games this year that it's like my brain can't proccess them all being from the same year.

EDIT: Your avatar is so fitting, I kept getting Cowboy Bebop vibes from it, specially the structure of the episodes.

Well I just platinum'ed it, and it wasn't hard at all.
My impression of the game is still the same as before, one of the best games by Suda51, just not at the level of Killer7 of course (still another dimension by itself).
The combat is soooooo fluid it's a blast to play and the scenario is batshit good.

The job...

KILLER IS DEAD.

Andrew.

Banned
I hope this game gets a bunch of positive LTTP threads since most of GAF wont be buying or trying until it's 20 or less or free.

Gbraga

Well I just platinum'ed it, and it wasn't hard at all.
My impression of the game is still the same as before, one of the best games by Suda51, just not at the level of Killer7 of course (still another dimension by itself).
The combat is soooooo fluid it's a blast to play and the scenario is batshit good.

The job...

KILLER IS DEAD.
Man, Mondo is truly a badass.

I hope this game gets a bunch of positive LTTP threads since most of GAF wont be buying or trying until it's 20 or less or free.

It will, I'm completely sure of it. It's really damn good.

Cheddahz

Banned

I bought Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw for dirt cheap because I heard good things about them (I had a blast with SotD, but I didn't care for Lollipop Chainsaw). Killer Is Dead is the Suda51 GOTG and I hope more people play it

Andrew.

Banned
You know which one

I really dont. Are we talking female costumes, Ulti, or what?

If anything you should be saving up for the Dark Booster.

Edit: You mean the 100mil Executioner outfit? Does that even do anything besides make you look like a boss?

Top Bottom