• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinect Games

Krathoon

I hooked up the Kinect yesterday and I am playing me some Kinect games.
So far Fable Journey and Rise of Nightmares have been pretty good. The motion controls
are working really well on those.
You essentially drive a horse and cart while casting spells in Fable Journey. You also learn more about the Hero's sister from the Fable games.

Rise of Nightmares is pretty gruesome. So far, my wife was kidnapped by a psycho killer, chain blade guy. It does this neat thing where you raise your right hand to move on autopilot through a level.

Gunstringer is funny, but the controls are kinda jankey. I notice the other games control better. There is also this cool Wavy Tube Man chronicles game that is like Mad Dog McCree.

I have not played Kinect Star Wars yet. There is also the Black Eyed Peas and Michael Jackson Experiences.

So, feel free to share your Kinect Experiences.

HAYA8U5A

It had some bright spots but those bright spots got lost in all the shovelware (I feel the same thing has been happening with VR so far too). I miss the Dance Central series in particular. It was far more enjoyable than Just Dance ever was.

DG1D74e.gif

Krathoon

Really, I don't have room to do the dancing games. I am just doing the ones where you stand or sit.
There was a Double Fine game that also used it. It was kind of like a toy. It wasn't the Sesame Street game.

I got a key for Kinect Fruit Ninja.

The sensor says I am placing it too low, but it works. I lost that Kinect Adventure game that came with it.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
There was a pretty cool music game by Harmonix on the Xbox one kinect, called Fantasia, I genuinely think this was one of the better/more enjoyable Kinect games :)

Krathoon

I wish there was a way to hook up the second version of the Kinect to the 360.
The one that came with the XBox One is pretty much a waste. Microsoft dropped it like a hot potato.

Last edited:

Calverz

I really enjoyed Rise of Nightmares. It had that cheesy house of the dead kind of horror that only really sega can pull off. I enjoyed throwing the explosive test tubes. Kinect sports and kinect adventures was a hit in my house too.

Krathoon

I really enjoyed Rise of Nightmares. It had that cheesy house of the dead kind of horror that only really sega can pull off. I enjoyed throwing the explosive test tubes. Kinect sports and kinect adventures was a hit in my house too.
Rise of Nightmares is pretty complex. They put some thought into designing it. I was impressed.

Heard from a friend who was a nurse, that at a local retirement community the rec center had a Kinect, and someone got so scared due to the seizure like movements that some of the games makes you dp, that they actually called 911, and multiple fire trucks and ambulances came with some police because they thought there were multiple strokes happening.

This was in 2011 or so. I think it was the pack in game but don't remember.

I tried it once with Sonic Riders and the Star Wars game with someone else, and I determined that the games were bland, overly simple, and the motion controls rarely worked if the Kinect did detect me.

I think less than a year later some Chinese company made a knockoff you could buy at a drug store in a bargain bin, Air connect or something like that, with 30 built in games, that was just as accurate, but for only $20. I brought that instead. Good time with pals.

Drew1440

I wish there was a way to hook up the second version of the Kinect to the 360.
The one that came with the XBox One is pretty much a waste. Microsoft dropped it like a hot potato.
Which is a shame since Kinect 2.0 is a lot more responsive. Still the Kinect Sports and Adventure games are good, also liked UFC Trainer and Blackwater.

Oh and that Get fit with Mel B game.

Krathoon

Which is a shame since Kinect 2.0 is a lot more responsive. Still the Kinect Sports and Adventure games are good, also liked UFC Trainer and Blackwater.

Oh and that Get fit with Mel B game.
It was irritating. They required people to buy it and then they totally abandoned it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Rise of Nightmares was for me the best Kinect game. It was a little awkward and clunky, but it showed the potential for what was possible with Kinect.

If only more Kinect games attempted that level of interaction and theme.

Krathoon

I was looking through the 360 demos and found a few more Kinect games I never heard of.
There was a Harry Potter Kinect game.

Glad to see Rise of Nightmares get a mention! I played a good chunk of it before, it's sort of like VR horror before VR. Would love to see a VR version of it, the atmosphere in it was top tier from what I remember

JCK75

Kinect for gaming was total ass.. but there is one exception
YooStar2 if you have friends with a sense of humor and a lot of booze can be one hell of an amazing party.

Top Bottom