• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of the Hill Returns!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
king of the hill GIF by Maudit

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It says it'll be set in modern times, I wonder if they'll age the characters up to match? Beavis and Butthead had some episodes where they were still the same teenagers, and some episodes where they were middle aged. According to the Wiki - I guess that'd make Hank 70 now.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Didn't it already have a revival that failed?

Rran

Awesome show and with Judge + Daniels at the helm, it should turn out great.
Didn't it already have a revival that failed?
No, although they did think for a bit that the 11th season would be their last. The show was renewed for a 12th and 13th at the last minute so the 11th season finale was tweaked slightly to no longer be the series finale. But yeah, no revival for KotH until now, although Beavis & Butt-Head had a single season in 2011 before their recent revival (both were good).

Rran

Thank goodness that's not happening. Apparently the show runner is Saladin Patterson, who had this to say about the project:

“Yeah, man I tell you whot man, that dang Ol’ Greg, talking about O.G. and then that Mike Judge … Inspirations, man … the original show, dang ol’ classic … Got my kids, man, walking around talking about ‘That’s my purse! I don’t know you!’ Feeling blessed, man, I tell you whot ‘Feel so Good’ is a great song, I don’t care what no-dang-body says …”

I think it's in good hands.

Outlier

I really don't want this. Could they at least age the character by a few years. I don't want to see the same characters, but in modern themes.

Ah whatever. I won't watch it, anyway.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Welp it didn't even last 1 episode. Gg

"Buaaahhhaaawwww! God dang it, what has the Twitter done to you?"

"Discord? Dang it Bobby, are you listening to rap again?"

"Dang it, Dale, we gotta get Arlington City Hall before those gotdang antifa take the statue of Charles Lee enjoying a steak down!"

So much (probably) wasted potential.

Ecotic

It seems all the Simpsons-clones or spiritual successors have been cancelled and revived at some time or another. Family Guy, Futurama, King of the Hill, and I'm probably missing a few.

Smiggs

Rebooted for a modern audience….these fucking talentless hacks destroy EVERYTHING they touch.
Or maybe it's just set in the present, instead of being set in the mid 2000's? Come on, we don't know anything about the show yet. Let's at least wait and see what they make before we get all outraged over nothing, sheesh.

Top Bottom