• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 Releases in 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 Releases in 2024 across PS5, Xbox Series, and PC.​

Publisher Deep Silver and developer Warhorse Studios have announced open-world action RPG sequel Kingdom Come: Deliverance II for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC (Steam, Epic Games Store). It will launch in 2024.

Here is an overview of the game, via Deep Silver:

About
Kingdom Come: Deliverance II is a thrilling action RPG, set amid the chaos of a civil war in 15th Century Bohemia.
You are Henry of Skalitz—an ordinary man doing extraordinary things—caught in a gripping tale of revenge, betrayal and discovery as he embarks on an epic journey, “from a humble blacksmith’s forge to the court of Kings,” as he searches for purpose in this beautiful but brutal medieval world.
From bustling city streets to lush forests, discover this open-world Medieval Europe through an unforgettable adventure filled with action, thrill and wonder.

Key Features
  • A Tale of Love and Revenge – Live life through the eyes and actions of Henry, a young man on a quest to avenge his murdered parents. His story—illustrated with over five hours of stunning cinematics—takes him from aspiring warrior to rebel, crossing paths with a charismatic cast of characters and an unforgettable set of adventures, as he goes up against the King of Hungary, Sigismund the Red Fox and his fearsome allies.
  • A True RPG Experience – Your actions shape Henry’s destiny and how the world will react to him. Customize freely his appearance, skills and equipment while taking a moral stance on the events around you. Travel round the land engaging in unique activities, such as blacksmithing and archery, to truly immerse yourself in this vibrant region of Europe that will remember your actions, forever.
  • Live a Life Medieval – This stunningly authentic rendition of 15th Century Bohemia allows you to experience this fascinating setting like never before. Get lost in a sprawling city, engage with peasants and talk with nobles while exploring a vast and rich countryside with taverns, bath houses, castles and more.
  • Authentic First-Person Combat – Feel the clash of steel and visceral combat as you engage in thrilling real-time battles. There’s a range of authentic weapons and combat styles to suit every player. On foot, horse or by stealth, you can specialize in elegant sword mastery, brutal blunt weapons or deadly ranged attacks.

eg3PZjT.png

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Haven't played the first one cuz of the the technical issues - it wasn't great performance-wise and was very demanding at the time of release (my poor 1070 didn't had a chance) and I didn't know if I'll like the combat.

Bought Royal Edition a few days ago, it's about time to give it a shot at least.

Last edited:

Fbh

Damn my boy Henry actually looks badass in one of those scenes lol.
First game was flawed but a lot of fun and very unique, with surprisingly compelling characters and story. Sometimes it felt like their ideas got ahead of their ability to execute them (that quest with the priests had a really fun premise but was janky as fuck) but overall it was a great game.

If they can build upon what made the original great while improving on the issues this should be fantastic.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Looks like cryengine to me, game seems to have a very similar look to the first one
Well see, but if that's what they'll be using, I hope it'll be the latest version and the game will have RT GI, Shadows, Local Shadows etc.
I also hope that after so many years, Warhorse figured out how to optimize their games and it won't be as brutal as the first one, especially on the CPU side.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Well see, but if that's what they'll be using, I hope it'll be the latest version and the game will have RT GI, Shadows, Local Shadows etc.
I also hope that after so many years, Warhorse figured out how to optimize their games and it won't be as brutal as the first one, especially on the CPU side.,

interestingly enough IIRC the devs showcased the first game with realtime GI(?) , I think the pics are still on the net, it might have been a tech demo, but it was cut by release.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Is this The Game (autocorrect capitalized it so you just lost) where the enemies charge you and say FUCKEN BAHSTUDDDD?

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Pretty cool that it’s releasing this year and it’s not been significantly leaked beforehand. Must have been in development for years.

xrnzaaas

Bought the Xbox version of KD1 Royal in the 90% sale. If it's not getting a next-gen upgrade, I'll just play the boosted XONE X version. Should be a fun replay, I originally played it just after launch on PC and I was having fun despite the poor performance and countless bugs in almost every major quest.

Last edited:
First one seemed okay but I could never get over the insufferable combat and all the other janky stuff. Also I never understood why people kept praising the graphics but whatever.

Emedan

Haven't played the first one cuz of the the technical issues - it wasn't great performance-wise and was very demanding at the time of release (my poor 1070 didn't had a chance) and I didn't know if I'll like the combat.

Bought Royal Edition a few days ago, it's about time to give it a shot at least.
I had a 1070 and could play it just fine. Most crucial update for that game was to have an SSD for the asset streaming, practically unplayable with a mechanical drive. But do enjoy!

I'm glad it's coming this year!

Funny how Kingdom Come I was known for 6 years before it came out, while KCDII only gets announced months before its release. Completely different strategy. I am not gonna complain though.
You cannot delay the game if it's not announced😄
Nintendo doing this since Switch. (MP4 is the exception)

King Dazzar

Right up my street but didn't touch the first due to known technical issues/limitations on console. I'd be happy just with a PS5 update so I could try the first.

Emedan

Twitter people were bitching about the lack of black characters, diversity etc. in KD1 and the studio explained the historical setting and then continued to ignore them. Unless they've been seriously infected by the wokies without any reaction from the studio leads things shouldn't change in the sequel.
They're eastern europeans, no way they'll budge. Daniel Vavra has been very adamant about that

AJUMP23

Great game. Looks like more Henry, and that is cool. I hope they just let you save and that you don't need a potion to save.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Cant wait to see what they've got in store. Vavra is the fucking man. KCD got me balls deep for weeks. I used a bow primarily so I have no complaints about the combat. And the forests are some of the most gorgeous Ive ever seen. Riding on horseback through them for the first time as the trees rushed by in a blur was fucking thrilling.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I think combat in KCD was fine for as long as you weren't fighting with more than 3 dudes.

Also, I think many people skipped training with Cpt. Bernard near the start of the game. He teaches you the Master Strike which is a very important move, but this is optional and you can get your ass handed to you by some low level bandits if you don't have it.

Top Bottom