• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance livestream at 2PM EST/11AM PST

Tiny budget - shames Skyrim

success

Just got off playing about 10+ hours of Skyrim. It really is that shallow in the gameplay department and goes to show what kind of design they were going though. This game on the other hand is already pressing all the right buttons in an RPG; and it's just the Alpha.

Aaaaaaand over. I'm a lot more excited than I was. It's shaping up real nice. 2 years seems like a long time, but I can see how that will creep up on them real fast. They still need to...

Build the entire world (1/3 of the map is done so far, they said)
Polish the combat
Add more weapons
Add missions \ campaign
Finalize the animations
Etc etc...

I hope it turns out great :)

definitely looks great.

hopefully it will be very interactive. and not like mafia games which are just flat movie sets you can't do anything in. that's really my only concern for it, if it will FEEL alive enough. if it will have enough systems to interact with. tried to play some mafia2 dlc a few days ago, and that thing is just fucking awful. looks pretty, but it's completely empty and hollow.

Check the FAQ before you pledge, it seems that right now the Baron tier is a minimum to get the PS4 version for whatever reason.
Not quite
Update 17 said:
If you backed a tier with digital copy of the game, you can choose any platform you want, on any tier.
If you backed a tier with boxed copy and want a console version, we can send you the box and other goodies, depending on your tier. If at all possible, we will give you the disk with the game, otherwise you will get the digital version.
The Alpha version access is confirmed for Windows version only. We are working with other platform holders to see if it could be made available there, but we cannot promise anything yet.
The Beta access will be available on Windows, Linux and Mac at least; it may also be available on consoles but we cannot confirm it yet.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Looks very promising. I love that they showed this. It's so rare for devs to show a game that is obviously still early in development.

Just finished watching this and the combat and gameplay seems to be everything Skyrim was lacking.
I just wish Bethesda would get someone to fix their combat system.

The only thing off was the bow didn't seem to have any strength or tension when pulling the string and no sense of impact when the arrow left and connected, but it is still pre-alpha so I have a lot of hope they can fix it.

ekim

Wow... The world really breaths. The lighting is phenomenal and the design and art of the city/castle look much more realistic than in other games.

Top Bottom