• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX dated for 3/14/2013 in Japan

Three buttons makes me leery. I want KH2:FM and BBS:FM to come together (especially to get a retail release in NA), plus the DDD cutscenes in a theater mode (Re:Coded doesn't really matter).

Ugh, if they release them separately and they go digital-only in NA like Okami...

Zoe

Damn, I've been buying my RPG's in Japanese this generation, but it's so hard to pass up authentic Disney voices. Hope the US version is timely.

salromano

Kagari, add these to the OP. Today's media accompanying the announcement.

kingdom-hearts-1-5-hdupktn.jpg

kingdom-hearts-1-5-hdj1kp6.jpg

kingdom-hearts-1-5-hd3gj9p.jpg

kingdom-hearts-1-5-hdhhknh.jpg

Seda

Hopefully we get it in the summer.

I could import, but Japanese Donald Duck and Goofy might give me nightmares

Lol at anyone hoping to get this in the summer! That's far too long from March... why would it take them 3 months to record voice acting? There's a good chance that this has already been started on. I wouldn't say it is out of the question for a release only about a month or so after its Japan release.

In any case I can't wait but I already own every Final Mix, so I am not really as excited as I am sure a lot of my fellow KH fans are.

Famassu

So maybe fall/winter for us.
These games are already localized, for the most part, and KH localizations haven't taken that long nowadays (3-4 months at max, except for a couple of games when they've added a lot of content, like for the first game & Birth By Sleep). I'd guess late Spring-mid summer 2013 at latest.

Seda

Lol at anyone hoping to get this in the summer! That's far too long from March... why would it take them 3 months to record voice acting? There's a good chance that this has already been started on. I wouldn't say it is out of the question for a release only about a month or so after its Japan release.

In any case I can't wait but I already own every Final Mix, so I am not really as excited as I am sure a lot of my fellow KH fans are.

Square Enix surely is known for their timeliness.

Famassu

Square Enix surely is known for their timeliness.
Apart from the hassle with the Fabula Nova Crystalis saga's development, they've been timely in recent years, especially when it comes to localization times. That's one thing no one can criticize them about (with the exception of Type-0 & Bravely Default, but the reasons for those are obvious).

Seda

Apart from the hassle with the Fabula Nova Crystalis saga's development, they've been timely in recent years, especially when it comes to localization times. That's one thing no one can criticize them about (with the exception of Type-0 & Bravely Default, but the reasons for those are obvious).

Don't mind me, I just can't muster any sort of optimism when it comes to Square Enix anymore

Tsunamo

What are the chances that a 2.5 Collection gets a late 2013 release in Japan? Or is it more likely for 2014...
From memory Nomura said in a interview a few years back that they were aiming for one Kingdom Hearts game per year (including HD remasters and final mixes), so i'm going to guess they're tagreting a 2014 release with 2.5.
They resolved the Tarzan right issues then ?
They mentioned there's 14 worlds in V-Jump so I'd assume so, unless they picked a world to replace it. (which is extremely unlikely)

McNum

What is the Tarzan issue, anyway? I mean, it's Disney. I'm sure their legal team managed to get a rerelease clause into any license they make for a video game. New Tarzan in a game? Maybe not. A rerelease keeping the old Tarzan world? Probably grandfathered in.

Ridley327

I only see that happening if they can't get them done together in a timely fashion.

This should be safe from a digital-only future outside of Japan; SCEA requires HD ports to be packaged as collections to be sold at retail, and this fits the bill just fine.

This should be safe from a digital-only future outside of Japan; SCEA requires HD ports to be packaged as collections to be sold at retail, and this fits the bill just fine.
Uh. *points at Beyond Good & Evil HD, Okami HD, Resident Evil 4 HD, and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD, etc.*

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
How relevant was math/2 days?

Honestly, I found that it retroactively makes the prologue of KH2 better. Like, it made it so that it actually made a lick of sense.

Probably not so important anywhere else, though.

SykoTech

I really hope that 3rd button is for Kingdom Hearts III or something. Please don't let duckroll be right.

I'm not as negative about Square as most people these days, but I don't think tere's any chance that they localize this a mere month after the Japanese release. Would love for you to be right though.

Go_Ly_Dow

Isn't the the development team for this like 2 people or something?

FFXHD would be a much bigger project then this. Would definitely require more staff/time.

It is a bit of a joke if they can't give us a worldwide release with this and I just hope it doesn't take any longer than 1-3 months, following the Japanese release.

Top Bottom