• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Official Site Open.

I guess you can call it next-gen if you want because is not a cheap spin off. Is a prequel of the first KH set 10 years before. For PSP.

hamchan

rockman zx said:
I guess you can call it next-gen if you want because is not a cheap spin off. Is a prequel of the first KH set 10 years before. For PSP.

Next-Gen would be PS4 or PSP 2. It's current gen dammit!

On Topic: I'm so damned hyped for this game, much more so than 358/2 days.

Well the trailer looks good and there seems to be at least some evidence that they're going for levels that aren't just flat rectangles(like KH2 was), so I'm officially hyped.

Septimus said:
So 2009 confirmed? Or did they just use an outdated trailer? :eek:

Pretty sure that trailer is new.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Huh, official website ? Maybe they're serious about releasing the game this decade.

Peff

That trailer is new, yeah, at least a lot of the footage is (I think we've never seen Aqua in motion before). And wow, it looks amazing. The jaggies are a sign that it is PSP footage but it pretty much looks just like the PS2 games.

Lord Phol

So first there is Sora, then we get the Sora lookalike Roxas and finally this guy who looks just like Roxas but isn't him. Someone give the scriptwriters back their dignity and will to live this is just getting worse and worse.
Oh and someone at SqareEnix must really have thing for blue eyes.

Lord Phol said:
So first there is Sora, then we get the Sora lookalike Roxas and finally this guy who looks just like Roxas but isn't him. Someone give the scriptwriters back their dignity and will to live this is just getting worse and worse.

Nomura. :lol

Lord Phol said:

Kingdom Hearts serves as the repository for all the story ideas that were deemed too silly for mainline Final Fantasy games!

WTF is up with the love for Roxas? He was a nobody in KH2 (literally), the story ended, let's move on. Now in a prequel we get a look-alike...? 'the FUUUUUCk????!!!!

Negaiido

MoonsaultSlayer said:
WTF is up with the love for Roxas? He was a nobody in KH2 (literally), the story ended, let's move on. Now in a prequel we get a look-alike...? 'the FUUUUUCk????!!!!

edit: Oh him nevermind :D

shuyin_

Banned
If SE opened the official site, it means BbS is nearing release. I'm guesstimating a December release in Japan (around X-mas).

Styles

shuyin_ said:
If SE opened the official site, it means BbS is nearing release. I'm guesstimating a December release in Japan (around X-mas).

Then why did FFXIII have it's own official website 1 year before it's release date? :lol

The music is so damn good, listening to it right now.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
shuyin_ said:
Very unlikely, opening the official site doesn't mean anything. Excerpt from the latest Nomura interview on Famitsu about BbS:

-So, what about the release date for this title?

Nomura: We're trying to adjust it in relation to the release date of "FF XIII". In terms of actual development "FF XIII" has proceeded further, so "FF XIII" might be first. But I think we'll be able to let you play it without making you wait too long.

PS: "without making you wait too long" doesn't mean what we think it means to Nomura.

shuyin_

Banned
Wasn't KH DS' official site opened near its release?
Regardless, i'm still thinking of a X-mas release in Japan.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The movie on the new site is awesome. Great music, and fantastic voice acting as always.

BBS GOOOO

MoonsaultSlayer said:

I liked Roxas. You got a problem with him?!

Fuu

Lord Phol said:
SPOILERS GUYS, THIS IS ABOUT KH2:

Sora's situation is child's play. What about we had an Ansem but it was actually his Heartless? Then it wasn't his Heartless but Xehanort's Heartless who posed as Ansem for a while and thought it was a good idea to jump into the darkness with his merry friends and divided into a Nobody, Xemnas (anagram of Ansem with a X), and the Heartless that people thought was Ansem. Throw DiZ into the mix, who's actually the real Ansem and had kickass Christopher Lee voice in English. Now in BbS we have Terra and Master Xehanort and both have physical characteristics of the Xehanort the real Ansem meets before KH1 happens.

lulz!

Fuu said:

Sora's situation is child's play. What about we had an Ansem but it was actually his Heartless? Then it wasn't his Heartless but Xehanort's Heartless who posed as Ansem for a while and thought it was a good idea to jump into the darkness with his merry friends and divided into a Nobody, Xemnas (anagram of Ansem with a X), and the Heartless that people thought was Ansem. Throw DiZ into the mix, who's actually the real Ansem and had kickass Christopher Lee voice in English. Now in BbS we have Terra and Master Xehanort and both have physical characteristics of the Xehanort the real Ansem meets before KH1 happens.

lulz!

I like how my favorite Ansem line from KH1 actually applies to the state of the plot for many gamers.

"You've come so far, yet still you understand NOTHING!":lol

Fuu

Fimbulvetr said:
I like how my favorite Ansem line from KH1 actually applies to the state of the plot for many gamers.

"You've come so far, yet still you understand NOTHING!":lol
A real shame it wasn't Billy Zane voicing him in KH2, Xehanort's Heartless was truly hillarious.

"You see, DARKNESS is the heart's... TRUE ESSSSSENCE! Behold the endless abyss...! Within lies the heart of all worlds: KINGDOM HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!!"

Not to mention the battle quotes. SUBMIT!!! SUBMIT!!!

MAtgS

The trailer is from TGS 2008, which hasn't been seen in any form except "shaky partially blocked camera phone" mode before.

I hope Maleficent amounts to being more than just a filler boss on the Sleeping Beauty world.

Fuu said:
A real shame it wasn't Billy Zane voicing him in KH2, Xehanort's Heartless was truly hillarious.

"You see, DARKNESS is the heart's... TRUE ESSSSSENCE! Behold the endless abyss...! Within lies the heart of all worlds: KINGDOM HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!!"

After the door to Kingdom Hearts opens, Ansem sounds like he just got punched in the 'nads. Brilliant.

Fuu said:

Leagues better than "Mansex"'s voice actor.:lol

Squall and Aerith also had way better voice actors back then.

MAtgS said:
The trailer is from TGS 2008, which hasn't been seen in any form except "shaky partially blocked camera phone" mode before.

I hope Maleficent amounts to being more than just a filler boss on the Sleeping Beauty world.

I saw the TGS trailer, it starts off the same but that is not the same trailer(no Aqua gameplay in the TGS ones).

Fuu

jpwq3n.jpg

Woo! I'm glad I said "very unlikely" instead of impossible. :lol SE can't fool me anymore after so may tears but let's dream together anyway!

Pureauthor said:
After the door to Kingdom Hearts opens, Ansem sounds like he just got punched in the 'nads. Brilliant.
"HUHHH... light....AH..... but whhhhhy..."

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The Disney stuff looks as awesome as ever.
Yoko Shimomura's music is still the best thing to come out of this series.
The "deep" plot still sounds like crap.

Fuck it, I'm buying.

Regulus Tera said:
The Disney stuff looks as awesome as ever.
Yoko Shimomura's music is still the best thing to come out of this series.

Fuck it, I'm buying.

At least it doesn't have forms or cheap team Limit Breaks.:lol

Wait till we know the true identity of Terra, Aqua and Ventus. I like KH plot but is out of control since Chain of Memories.

Looks like it's called Rage Awakened now instead of Fate of the Unknown?

Rage Awakened?, Where did you get that name?.

Fuu

rockman zx said:
Rage Awakened?, Where did you get that name?.
From the file info in the khbbs_bgm.mp3 I got from the site, it shows "SQUARE ENIX - Rage Awakened".

34fmybt.jpg

Fuu said:

lulz!
Yeah, it's all pretty convoluted. I'm most curious about Aqua, though, because she's more clearly divorced from the appearance of other characters than Terra and Ventus are. I think it's fairly clear that the game's going to have a bittersweet ending, based on the fact that we pretty much know that in some sense Terra is going to become a part of whatever KH2-Xehanort was (although we've seen his armored form languishing in chains somewhere while Xemnas taunted him) and that Ventus is going to get partly reincarnated as Sora or something like that. But Aqua's pretty much totally absent from KH1/2/CoM/silly name of the DS game.

jett

D-Member
The plot in this series is like the MGS series on acid. Is it ever gonna make a lick of sense? lulz no, but that's kind of the appeal too. :p

jett said:
The plot in this series is like the MGS series on acid. Is it ever gonna make a lick of sense? lulz no, but that's kind of the appeal too. :p
Like MGS, it might have made sense during the first game, but abruptly ceased to do so soon after.

shuyin_

Banned
You're comparing Kh's plot with MGS? Really? What exactly didn't make sense in the 1st three MGSs?
KH's plot is crazy and complicated in a way that might make it hard to follow (though i had no trouble with it). MGS's plot is pretty easy to follow imo and definitely not as crazy as KH's plot.

duckroll

Not a new trailer. This is the last official trailer shown at one of the closed theater events. I'm pretty sure the game is no longer coming in 2009, but will be early 2010 instead.

Fuu

Also, here's a direct link to the trailer:

http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/khbbs/khbbs_trailer_01.flv

duckroll said:
Not a new trailer. This is the last official trailer shown at one of the closed theater events. I'm pretty sure the game is no longer coming in 2009, but will be early 2010 instead.
Makes sense, but I'd think they would cut that or change it to TBA for the site instead of being lazy (not really).

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Actually looking forward to the DS and PSP incarnations.
That said, I should probably finish the first two games... sooner rather than later.
*le sigh*

jett

D-Member
shuyin_ said:
You're comparing Kh's plot with MGS? Really? What exactly didn't make sense in the 1st three MGSs?
KH's plot is crazy and complicated in a way that might make it hard to follow (though i had no trouble with it). MGS's plot is pretty easy to follow imo and definitely not as crazy as KH's plot.

That's why I said on acid. :p The MGS storyline is convoluted. KH has evolved beyond convoluted. :p

jett

D-Member
Who are these three heroes anyway? Are they really the parents of Sora, Kairi and that other guy? :p

Top Bottom