• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts III Announced for PS4

duckroll

Well, if we're to go by that ...tech demo... Goofy and Donald should have been on screen somewhere, too.

But it's pretty obvious that Goofy and Donald are intended to be party members in the actual game based on the UI. That's sort of my point. They designed the mock up to simulate at least partially what they intend for the game, even its just an early test render.

Famassu

Wow, the opinion of who has no arguments. You should play games like Call of duty, Dragon Age and Skyrim, they sell so well and are critically acclaimed like KH!
You're the one who has no argument with any kind of basis in reality. The KH games offer fun gameplay, some of the best in the genre. You can dislike the story or graphical style or whatever, but you can't deny they are quality titles from a gameplay-POV.

Well, if we're to go by that ...tech demo...

That's what I think it is, a tech demo, or a concept video they used to get the OK from the higher-ups. Graphic-wise the PS4 can do that and more, but you can tell it's not your typical KH trailer.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The only concern I have with regards to KH3 is the placeholder (?) UI shown in the teaser:

7FNhaiB.jpg

Now, this could just be a completely braindead mockup, and it might mean nothing, and hence there is no cause for any concern. That's possible. But since there are no details, and they chose to specifically show this "gameplay" sequence to us, I reckon at least some thought went into making it even if it's just a target render. This is the KH1/KH2 style menu. It has attack/magic/item as different menu options. There is no command charge bar above the menu, there is no command deck. Those who are familiar with the recent entries of KH will understand why I find this worrying. :)

:(
Yep... I'm looking forward to it but my excitement is slightly held back by things like these. I need details!

Taruranto

You're the one who has no argument with any kind of basis in reality. The KH games offer fun gameplay, some of the best in the genre. You can dislike the story or graphical style or whatever, but you can't deny they are quality titles from a gameplay-POV.

I can actually. KH2 was one of the worst title i had the displeasure of playing, with a bland and awful level design and an horrible, button mashing battle system. And let's not even talk about the Card System of the GBA game. Quite a chore to play.

Aeana

The only concern I have with regards to KH3 is the placeholder (?) UI shown in the teaser:

7FNhaiB.jpg

Now, this could just be a completely braindead mockup, and it might mean nothing, and hence there is no cause for any concern. That's possible. But since there are no details, and they chose to specifically show this "gameplay" sequence to us, I reckon at least some thought went into making it even if it's just a target render. This is the KH1/KH2 style menu. It has attack/magic/item as different menu options. There is no command charge bar above the menu, there is no command deck. Those who are familiar with the recent entries of KH will understand why I find this worrying. :)

:(

In the interview just now, he pretty much just confirmed that it'll be an ancestor of KH2 primarily with some "spinoff" (lol, he said BbS wasn't a spinoff before) elements included. Super lame.

Seda

Nomura on Kingdom Hearts III

-Promises new surprising worlds
-Indicates that he wants the gameplay to be mostly like Kingdom Hearts 2, with maybe a few modifications from 'spin-offs'
-Sora is main character, but "it would be nice" if other characters could be played, including King Mickey.
-Looking into online possibilities, multiplayer under consideration
-Summoning will be available, but Kingdom Hearts III will have a completely different system. Seems to hint it may not be limited to Disney mascots
-He 'thinks' Kingdom Hearts (the actual titular ... whatever it is) will appear
-New artstyle: different worlds will have different styles

Kisaya

Very, VERY excited. Was screaming & crying during the reveal.

Disappointed about it not being PS4 exclusive... killed the PS4 hype a little but it's not like I'm going to get it for Xbone. I hope fans decide to get the PS4 verison.

Not sure how I feel like the Osaka team handling it. I was very happy with BBS though so I'll trust them.

I know a lot of people joke about how the story is going to get even more ridiculous, but I'm on board for that. I've generally enjoyed the whole KH lore aside from a few holes that I think they've created, but I'll blame fan service for that.

Meier

A bit surprised a Wii U version wasn't announced as well alongside the XBO version. Seems like it would do well on the console.

Top Bottom