• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts III DLC and critical difficulty confirmed.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
**Warning, it has spoilers**
https://www.dualshockers.com/kingdom-hearts-3-paid-dlc-critical-mode-confirmed-story-hints-nomura/
Here’s a summary of the interview:

The sales for Kingdom Hearts III exceeded Square Enix and Nomura’s expectations. Nomura and the Kingdom Hearts 3 team is currently hard at work on the game’s DLC. Nomura is losing sleep because of it.

Critical Mode will be coming soon. It won’t be artificial difficulty like simply making enemies deal higher damage, but will rather include many changes, to the point that it needs debugging. It will be “fun like only Critical mode can be”.

Unlike previous games, Kingdom Hearts 3 won’t have a Final Mix version, and will instead receive new additions via DLCs. There will be both free and paid DLCs. Free DLCs will be released sporadically, but the paid DLC should all come together in a big pack. They’re trying their best to finish the paid DLC content soon and wish to release it before the end of 2019, and start working on the next game. Though Nomura is already fully booked with projects in 2019, so he doesn’t know when or what to do with the next Kingdom Hearts game yet.

You can read further below for more remarks from Nomura which contain story spoilers, ending included, so beware:

As he already mentioned in a previous interview, Nomura’s favorite world in Kingdom Hearts 3 is Toy Story. It took nearly 2 years for him to write the story of the world, and he also directly visited Studio Pixar to ask them questions.

The idea behind the Rage Form in Kingdom Hearts 3 is different than the Anti Form in Kingdom Hearts 2 in that instead of being engulfed in darkness, Sora is going berserk because of his anger.

Maybe one day Nomura will tell us more about the Organization XIII members, like the human names we don’t know yet, and things like how Isa got his cross-shaped forehead scar. He actually never thought of a reason yet for it though. As for how Xion was revived and joined Organization XIII, this will be one of the things explained in the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 paid DLC.

When asked for hints on who is the “person” that Lea and Isa were looking for, and who is the “Nameless Star”, Nomura said that you should be able to guess it by reading the game’s secret reports. And that the “person” searched by Lea and Isa is someone who already appeared in one of the previous games. And if you still don’t know who “Nameless Star” is, it’ll be explained later anyway.

The relation between Scala ad Caelum and Daybreak Town can be guessed if you observe both carefully. And the “black figures” who appeared in Scala ad Caelum are replicas.

You can make various theories on the secret movie, but according to Nomura, we don’t have enough information yet to understand it completely.

Zephir

I'm glad KH3 is not over, I'll definitely replay it in critical mode, either as a new game or new game plus (if they add that too) and can't wait for more story stuff.
I guess it's pretty obvious who the "girl" and the nameless star are, but i'm afraid we'll not receive new info on them before they add some story stuff in KHUX

One thing though...

The idea behind the Rage Form in Kingdom Hearts 3 is different than the Anti Form in Kingdom Hearts 2 in that instead of being engulfed in darkness, Sora is going berserk because of his anger.

That's good and it works well, since it activates at critical health during normal gameplay, buuuut....

...during the last fight with master xehanort, he LITERALY steals your light...wouldn't it be awesome (and canonically accurate) to turn RIGHT THERE in anti-form, instead of rage? I mean, i guess Sora was already pretty mad during the whole battle, but still...

Saber

Gold Member
So, we need a paid DLC to know about Xion. Lol

Its good that they will support this through DLCs though.

As for the person...from what I saw and read its pretty clear who is. Not only that, but the line she said already at the end of the report tells you a lot.

Last edited:

Fake

Not a fan of paid DLC, but will be glad to support this series.
When asked for hints on who is the “person” that Lea and Isa were looking for, and who is the “Nameless Star”, Nomura said that you should be able to guess it by reading the game’s secret reports. And that the “person” searched by Lea and Isa is someone who already appeared in one of the previous games. And if you still don’t know who “Nameless Star” is, it’ll be explained later anyway.
This is already adressed if I remember right.

Last edited:

Ten_Fold

I wonder what the paid dlc will be, I’ll replay this game once they show some dlc which I assume they will show at E3

RPGCrazied

Cool. I just hope they fix some of the technical issues. Even on Pro has framerate issues. And the frame pacing in stable mode is not good.

Verdanth

2 years to right Toy Story world story? Thats some lazy work right there.

I will insta buy the DLC thought.

Shifty

Hell yeah Critical Mode! I am now on board.

I just hope Square handles the DLC with a degree of class rather than the endless trash fire that was FFXV. Make it good, don't drag it out. Please.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Playing the current Proud Mode and do not feel challenged; I rarely replay games but if this offers any sort of degree of ACTUAL difficulty I may replay it later on.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Excited to finally get a Critical Mode and I am happy to see that he is working on the DLC. If he plans on getting started on the next KH game in late 2019/early 2020, I would not be surprised to see the game release in 2023-2024. Assuming no engine changes or delays with FF7R.

Saber

Gold Member
Can someone post a spoiler tag with the name of the person they are referring to and the nameless star?

That would be Ava. People said once that would be Skuld, but once I read the all the reports I have no doubts it is Ava. If you want more just let me know.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
That would be Ava. People said once that would be Skuld, but once I read the all the reports I have no doubts it is Ava. If you want more just let me know.

Definitely not Ava. It is Skuld. Very obvious once you play the JPN KHUX chapters that haven't come stateside.

Saber

Gold Member
Definitely not Ava. It is Skuld. Very obvious once you play the JPN KHUX chapters that haven't come stateside.

Once I believe it was Skuld. But after reading the reports I come to believe it's not her because:

-She mention exactly 4 friends
-She uses the same quote from the Master, which is no exclusive to the Dandelions

I admit I dunno much about this KHUX jpn, might have some clue or insight I'm not familiar. All I know is that they jump throught time with the help of Maleficent and the side effects were memmory lost.

Last edited:

LMJ

Good to hear, Hopefully one of them is a mind numbingly hard Sepheroth battle, let's keep the legacy alive lol

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Once I believe it was Skuld. But after reading the reports I come to believe it's not her because:

-She mention exactly 4 friends
-She uses the same quote from the Master, which is no exclusive to the Dandelions

I admit I dunno much about this KHUX jpn, might have some clue or insight I'm not familiar. All I know is that they jump throught time with the help of Maleficent and the side effects were memmory lost.

Skuld also has four friends and the quote from the Master is used often by literally everyone in KHUX.

Saber

Gold Member
Elaborate

Did you even read my last post lol

Skuld also has four friends and the quote from the Master is used often by literally everyone in KHUX.

True, but I dont believe she or any of the Dandelions use that as much often as the Foretellers themselves.
Also if Skuld has 4, so do Ava. Hence why I'm not totally sure yet, I need more convincing info so I can be totally sure its Skuld and not Ava.

Last edited:
So I just bought The Story So Far and KH3 on Amazon for 60 bucks total. Gonna play from the beginning.

Never played a KH game, looking forward to diving in.

Wish me luck!

peronmls

So I just bought The Story So Far and KH3 on Amazon for 60 bucks total. Gonna play from the beginning.

Never played a KH game, looking forward to diving in.

Wish me luck!
Just play Kh1, recom and KH2. Spare yourself the down fall of the story and gameplay.

Top Bottom