• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingsman : The Golden Circle poster released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Colin Firth:
oMfQyeN.gif

Whatever the answer, I'm in!

The over-the-top spoof/riff/celebration/mockery of '70s-era Bond cheese is going to resurrect a character we saw die onscreen for the simple fact he was a cool character.

How is this not fitting? What "reality" is getting broken here.

The last movie featured people's brains exploding in technicolor kaleidoscopes of splatter as a woman with giant bendy machetes for legs killed everything in sight.

But bringing Colin Firth back is a touch too much.

OK.

Emarv

Really curious which satirical American spy archetype they use? Cruise-inspired Mission Impossible spy or gritty Bourne spy? I'm so down for this.

Sephzilla

The over-the-top spoof/riff/celebration/mockery of '70s-era Bond cheese is going to resurrect a character we saw die onscreen for the simple fact he was a cool character.

The last movie featured people's brains exploding in technicolor kaleidoscopes of splatter as a woman with giant bendy machetes for legs killed everything in sight.

OK.

I think it feels too much because by typical movie rules, Firth's character is dead. We saw him get shot right in the head on screen and fall to the ground in a heap.

But personally I don't care, just pull a Crank and say "he died, but then he got better"

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
As somebody who is currently working on this film now, I say wait for the trailer :) it is pretty dope!

aBarreras

OK.

talking about the kaleidoscope explosions

how does the world moves on after this? i mean the majority of politicians and celebrities were ok to kill all the rest of the population?

even fucking obama was ok with this on the movie!

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Really curious which satirical American spy archetype they use? Cruise-inspired Mission Impossible spy or gritty Bourne spy? I'm so down for this.

Based on Tatum's look in the poster and the fact that Jeff Bridges is in the movie, I'm going to guess its Western inspired.

In April of last year, Taron (the young lead) tweeted the following poster. Colin's back.

I bet that Sam Jackson shot him in the eye, yet the bullet got deflected/slowed down and he "just" lost the eye but survived. I mean those were some sort of super spy glasses the Kingsmen are wearing. What would be a reason to not make them bulletproof?
If I remember correctly there was blood and Sam Jackson was too afraid to look at his body whether he was really dead.
I see no problem to justify Firth's survival with this.
It would also explain the one black glass.

I'm interested to see what dumb excuse they use to bring back Colin Firth. Although it would be pretty great if he showed up and no-one addressed the fact that he died.

That would be hilarious. They should treat his character like Kenny in South Park - kill him off every movie and inexplicably have him return in the next one.

OK.

I look forward to all of your posts in movie related threads, thank you for being a voice of reason.

Saya

I will just say he is absolutely absolutely amazing in this movie and will steal the show.

Also dunno why they didn't put Pablo Pascal's name on the poster.

No it is nothing dumb like that. Don't worry it is explained well.

Pablo Pascal is in this too? Awesome!

I think it feels too much because by typical movie rules,

I understand, but I don't think this series is a series that gives much of a fuck about "typical movie rules," as part of its mission.

But personally I don't care, just pull a Crank and say "he died, but then he got better"

Shit, I kinda hope that's basically it. Like, he just gets up with a headache and an eye missing.

Thewonandonly

As somebody who is currently working on this film now, I say wait for the trailer :) it is pretty dope!

Well I for one can not wait for this movie as the first one was my second favorite movie of 2015, right behind my favorite movie of all time star wars. Can you give us a hint of when the trailer is suppose to release or PM me I wont tell ;)

MarveI

I don't care for Colin Firths resurrection. He was great in the first one and more of that is always great. So all is forgiven. Just bring on more of that silly 1st film goodness.

I bet that Sam Jackson shot him in the eye, yet the bullet got deflected/slowed down and he "just" lost the eye but survived. I mean those were some sort of super spy glasses the Kingsmen are wearing. What would be a reason to not make them bulletproof?
If I remember correctly there was blood and Sam Jackson was too afraid to look at his body whether he was really dead.
I see no problem to justify Firth's survival with this.
It would also explain the one black glass.
That's totally it. The very deliberate glasses design makes perfect sense

Shades with a tinted lens is the posh version of an eyepatch

DBT85

Can't wait, hope Elton John is the bad guy lol

I'm in, but why did they have to put Channing Tatum in
He's a horrible actor.

Perfect film for him though, actiony with absolutely no hint of taking itself seriously. That's why White House Down is the better White House movie.

liquidtmd

Banned
"But...I thought you were dead"???

*Firth looks at camera and channels Roger Moore*

"Fake News"

Credits Roll with Bombastic theme

I'm in, but why did they have to put Channing Tatum in
He's a horrible actor.

He can act and he has a lot of range. Just go watch Foxcatcher, for example. Very good, serious drama role that he is fantastic in. That film made me a believer in his acting ability. I'm sure he'll be fantastic in this.

I'm so excited for this movie. The first is one of my favourite action movies ever so I'm hoping this will deliver.

They have bulletproof suits and umbrellas. It's safe to assume their glasses are bulletproof as well.

We're gonna see the bullet crumple up against the glass (think Superman Returns) as the glass itself shatters and bits of it fly back into his eye.

He stays still while bleeding until Jackson & the henchmen leave.

He gets up, emits a stream of profanity, dusts himself off, and heads to the pub.

Done.

Sephzilla

We can do better. Bulletproof makeup. Bulletproof contact lenses. Bulletproof hair gel that seeps into the skin and results in bulletproof sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom