• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kingsman: the golden circle whiskey partnership announcement, new footage

Theecliff

Banned
looks like fox are partnering with the brand old forester to launch a whiskey called the 'statesman'. i'm not really a bourbon conissieur so i don't really know what old forester tastes like but this seems like a cool little tie in (although the cynic in me feels like the film might treat it much in the same way that secret service clumsily treated the product placement of stuff like the sun and mcdonalds). here's the video announcement that also includes a bit of extra footage:

https://youtu.be/8eQeUDsY7dU

Old Forester is introducing a new straight bourbon whiskey - named Old Forester Statesman. It will debut in the upcoming film Kingsman: The Golden Circle in theaters September 22 and will be available to drink this August.

Old Forester is what I'd say is the bottom price-wise of mid-tier bourbon, and pretty good for the price. I've never had their specialty/limited bourbons, so clue if I should be excited about this or not.

Korgill

I think the McDonald's placement was purposely obnoxious and poorly placed as a bit of satire and reference to the Royale with cheese conversation.

Theecliff

Banned
Old Forester is what I'd say is the bottom price-wise of mid-tier bourbon, and pretty good for the price. I've never had their specialty/limited bourbons, so clue if I should be excited about this or not.
funnily enough i'd never heard of it in the uk, but like i said i don't really know a huge amount of whiskey brands beyond some obvious ones and a few brands of scotch. i'll see if any bars serve it around here since the only bourbon frame of reference i have is jim beam and i quite like that

I think the McDonald's placement was purposely obnoxious and poorly placed as a bit of satire and reference to the Royale with cheese conversation.
i know it was a bit of a piss take with the whole slow reveal and the expectations of a lavish meal subverted but it still felt like an advertisement with the characters discussing their preferred burgers in front of a platter covered in mcdonald's logos.

the sun promotion justification in the film on the is a hell of a lot more flimsy but i'm not surprised when it's murdoch promoting his own paper in a film made by his own studio.

not that i'm ragging on the film or angry that it had product placements (a lot of films do) but i do think it was quite a bit too blatant at times

Top Bottom