• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Fighters Deluxe and DeDeDe Drum Dash Deluxe coming out on Feb. 13 in Europe

L~A

Nintendo just announced it (after "leaking it" earlier this morning) via Twitter:

#Kirby Fighters Deluxe & Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe will arrive on Nintendo #eShop for #3DS on 13/02!

B7yc13RIQAEYe8X.png:large

JordanKZ

Oh yeah, those are totally the games I wanted a release date for in Europe.

Not Rainbow Curse. Nope. Not that at all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So these are just the minigames from Triple Deluxe extracted and sold seperately.

Reminds me of Paper Plane and "Birds and Beans" (it's Pyoro you silly billies!) from the early DSi days.

They totally missed the opportunity with Kirby Fighters Deluxe - it was a perfect game to spend time before the release of Smash 4 3DS,

By the way, does downloadable version have Download Play or connectivity with Kirby Triple Deluxe?

So these are just the minigames from Triple Deluxe extracted and sold seperately.

Reminds me of Paper Plane and "Birds and Beans" (it's Pyoro you silly billies!) from the early DSi days.

My memory might be failing me, but didn't these have additional content?

They're also enhanced. Kirby Fighters, for instance, has more stages, more fighters, and I'm pretty sure 3DS Download Play support.

gerudoman

Huh, I forgot about them. I was highly anticipating Fighters back in the day because Smash wasn't out yet and it could be a nice distraction until its release, but now...

I hope that we also get the Mii Plaza puzzle.

By the way, does downloadable version have Download Play or connectivity with Kirby Triple Deluxe?

Off the top of my head in Fighters if you had Streetpass data from Triple Deluxe you would unlock a couple of exclusive stages.

Memory

I liked Kirby fighters on Deluxe so i might pick this up if the price is right. Didnt like ddd's game though.

L~A

They're not just mini-games from Kirby Triple Deluxe, they also got quite a lot of additional content (including some stuff you can only get with a save data from KTD).

And yeah, Kirby Fighters got download play.

Lernaean

Banned
Yeah, but you know, Rainbow Curse release date maybe?
I have no idea why the fuck we ain't getting it along with the other regions. It's not like it needs localization or anything.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Anyone purchased either of these yet? I'm curious to know if either is any good!

They're not all that different to the versions included in Triple Deluxe, so if you've played that game you'll know what to expect.

Kirby Fighters is surprisingly fun and the the eShop version adds quite a bit of content--boss fights, extra modes, new stages, unlockable skins for each copy power, etc. Multiplayer is still local-only, unfortunately, and the two new copy powers are only unlocked if you have Triple Deluxe save data on your system.

Dedede Drum Dash is pretty shallow and doesn't have a lot of content; the eShop version adds some stages (plus harder remixes of every stage) and some new gimmicks but I still don't think it's very interesting. There are some aesthetic unlocks but they're almost all tied to having Triple Deluxe save data on your system.

Spades

They're not all that different to the versions included in Triple Deluxe, so if you've played that game you'll know what to expect.

Kirby Fighters is surprisingly fun and the the eShop version adds quite a bit of content--boss fights, extra modes, new stages, unlockable skins for each copy power, etc. Multiplayer is still local-only, unfortunately, and the two new copy powers are only unlocked if you have Triple Deluxe save data on your system.

Dedede Drum Dash is pretty shallow and doesn't have a lot of content; the eShop version adds some stages (plus harder remixes of every stage) and some new gimmicks but I still don't think it's very interesting. There are some aesthetic unlocks but they're almost all tied to having Triple Deluxe save data on your system.

Thanks! I haven't played Triple Deluxe, which is why I was curious.

Top Bottom