• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Planet Robobot opening cutscene - meet the Bobby Fischer of the Waddle Dees

maxcriden

https://youtu.be/XnL0w5tdPBQ

Via GoNintendo.com

--

Details about the game via Nintendo's webpage for it--mild spoilers within--
Harness the power of a mysterious mech to stop the ruthless Haltmann Works Company from mechanizing Kirby's home world. Smash through tough obstacles, lift heavy objects with ease, and scan enemies to shape-shift into new Modes with powerful abilities in this supercharged action-platformer!

That's right—Kirby's Robobot Armor can shape-shift into different modes by scanning enemies to copy their moves—like the new Jet Mode. Not to mention, Kirby™ can copy abilities the old-fashioned way too—by inhaling them! After saving the world, team up with three friends to defeat foes in Team Kirby Clash, an RPG-styled 4-player* brawl where you choose from varied classes and level them up. Need a quick fix? Take on challenges in a 3D space and aim for a high score in Kirby 3D Rumble. Ready for a challenge? Play as Meta Knight in a blazing-fast time attack mode to fight new bosses and tougher enemies while Kirby takes a well-deserved nap!

Use the mysterious Robobot Armor to scan enemies and shape-shift into powerful Modes
Kirby's copy ability returns, allowing him to inhale, spit out foes, and transform

Employ new and improved Copy Abilities including:

Doctor: Use clip boards, throw pills, and mix concoctions
ESP: Wear a cool hat and use psychic abilities
Poison: Spray toxic mists and other noxious abilities
Super Smash Bros.: Gain Kirby's updated Super Smash Bros.™ move set

Use the Download Play feature in Team Kirby Clash, an RPG-styled mode for up to 4 players* (or sharpen your skills by playing solo)
Enjoy a selection of additional game modes, including Meta Knightmare Returns, Kirby 3D Rumble, and The Arena

Collect hidden code cubes and stickers in every level and use the stickers to decorate your Robobot Armor

*Additional systems and games are required for multiplayer mode; sold separately.

Alienous

I couldn't have picked more appropriate music for the the violent invasion of a robotic alien race, GameXplain.

MrBadger

I really enjoyed that, GameXplain's poor music choice aside.

I'm curious how important Meta Knight and Dedede will be in this game. At this point it seems to be tradition to have a new game+ playing as one of them, or just Kirby

Lijik

Now that GameTrailers is closed down, someone has to pick up the mantle of inappropriate musical choices over footage

@MUWANdo

Banned

I'm curious how important Meta Knight and Dedede will be in this game. At this point it seems to be tradition to have a new game+ playing as one of them, or just Kirby

A Meta Knight mode is already confirmed ("Meta Knightmare Returns").

Nanashrew

Banned

GoNintendo earlier mentioned that Meta Knightmare mode is back. So I'm excited for that.

EDIT: Beaten

giphy.gif

i'll find a use for this, i swear

El Odio

Banned
From the comments: "Guys shoulda used Factory Investigation as the background music. Even fits the whole robot theme."
Couldn't agree more.

Neat seeing both Dedede and Meta Knight try their hand at stopping the invaders though.
EDIT: Holy crap, Max isn't a junior anymore!

shaowebb

Now that GameTrailers is closed down, someone has to pick up the mantle of inappropriate musical choices over footage

Thats how I felt! I've been on youdubber tracking various songs to this for shits. Stevie Wonder I Wish is pretty funky and fun. Fantomas Rosemary's baby however...

Oberon

Banned
I am hoping for a smash bros brawl moment, where kirby
cuts the alien ship in half with the dragoon
I skipped tripple deluxe since I wasn't feeling like playing a platformer at the time, but I think I'll get this one.
I mean look at him
tumblr_o3hku26YXE1qg1i67o1_500.jpg

Top Bottom