• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe |OT| Sayo-nara Suck-aaaaaaa

ImLibo

dcpuRel.png

Official Website

Developer - HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Publisher - Nintendo

zw4jznV.png

Release Date -
North America: May 2nd,2014
Europe: May 16th,2014
Platform - Nintendo 3DS
Game Size - 4,731 Blocks.

FuEBqLK.jpg
3A0fe92.png

Digital version will be available for download on the eShop at Midnight day one.

3G49q6M.png

Kirby is always ready to save the day. So when he sees King Dedede being kidnapped, he races up the Dreamstalk to find him.
The bad guys had better watch out—Kirby's on his way,and he's hungry!

hhTFtSk.png

The key to Kirby’s success? Lung power. He can inhale entire enemies and copy their abilities! There are more than 20 different Copy Abilities—all with their own set of moves to master.
Click the pictures for videos!
o2QSwmq.png
Archer

Kirby takes on an archer’s mantle, targeting enemies at a distance with his bow. He can also hide behind pop-up objects, while performing sneaky attacks.

uZ5Hew1.png
BEETLE

As a creepy-crawly, Kirby spikes his foes with a beetle horn in numerous ways. Better still, he can now fly during jumps.

oHsYThP.png
BELL

Kirby rings the changes, blasting his enemies with sound waves from a variety of bell-ringing attacks.

VEJC1Sa.png
CIRCUS

Go acrobatic as Kirby performs somersaults, juggling and ball balancing. He can even produce balloon art!

HYPERNOVA

Kirby’s inhale achieves maximum suckitude when he eats a Miracle Fruit and goes Hypernova.He can suck up trees and enemies, move massive blocks, and even inhale whole stages.

RETURNING ABILITIES:
Kirby also has many other Abilities in his repertoire. Here's a selection to whet your appetite…

Square off against up to three friends, each controlling their own Kirby. Choose your Ability and color, then tweak Kirby’s strength so the fight is fair. The best thing is, you can also play if only one of you has a Game Card, as Kirby: Triple Deluxe supports Download Play.

FpWNAkG.png

You’ll need perfect timing to ace this drum-bashing minigame. Use both Nintendo 3DS
screens to bounce on drums. Collect coins, avoid obstacles and enemies, and beat the clock!

Face off against each of the game's bosses in a time-trial.

OhbaBIk.png

Scattered throughout the game are many different Keychains, each depicting a character from past Kirby outings in cute pixel art.
There are 256 to discover, and you can exchange duplicates via StreetPass or by spending Play Coins.

VEtqmS0.png

Swap Keychains with other players using the 3DS StreetPass function.
Passing another Kirby player with StreetPass can also net you item upgrades too!

KWZ2DQq.png
S7qH0G8.png

The game features Download Play, which means you only need one Game Card to play with up to three of your friends with their own 3DS/2DS
tYfVsaM.png

Screenshots:
zaT9H2N.jpg

esmgpCp.png

2bIiGAj.jpg

cOZTrUU.jpg

SqRReIT.jpg

RMKXDYs.png

mrF0k6r.jpg

Trailers and Gameplay:

Reveal Trailer
Abilities Trailer
Kirby Fighters Gameplay
Oh Kirby,You're so silly
Wow Kirby,You're Sure Exciting
Gee Kirby,You're So Cute
TV Commercial
Hypernova Gameplay
Oh Dedede,You're So Dashing

Reviews:
IGN 6/10
GameXplain Review
Joystiq 4/5
Polygon 7.5
US Gamer 4/5
Nintendo World Report 8.5
Destructoid 8/10
Cubed3 9/10

So amped for this. Can't wait to pick it up--I haven't played any Kirby games since Nightmare in Dreamland on GBA, LOL.

Zalman

Excited for this! I've been playing a lot of Super Star Ultra and Nightmare in Dream Land lately. Hopefully this game turns out to be great.

Return to Dreamland had really great level design that took into consideration Kirby's often-overpowered abilities. I'm optimistic for this one. Triple Deluxe looks like the perfect relaxing game to hold me over until I start raging online in Mario Kart 8.

MarkusRJR

So excited for this. Probably my third favorite Nintendo franchise, right behind Pokemon and Animal Crossing.

Hopefully this will be as good as the Wii game and not be another Squeak Squad.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Day 1.

For anyone that's in Canada, EB Games has a Trade 1 promo towards either Kirby: Triple Deluxe or Mario Golf.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Thread needs more (>'.')> !

First I got Amazing Mirror. Then Canvas Curse. Then Mass Attack. Now it shall be time for me to try a Kirby game which uses the series normal gameplay!

Wow at that boxart! Is this the first 3DS game to have its boxart spill over into the white 3DS strip? Usually the only other thing there is the nintendo network logo. Maybe Kirby sucked up NOA's box approvals dude...

Also that dinky lil Kirby eshop icon next the box pic just looks sad.Proof of physical >>>> digital right there.

I am going to guess that the JP box art for Triple Deluxe has Kirby in a happy mood on the front? The long-standing Kirby-must-have-an-angry-expression rule for Western releases appears to be holding true here.

edit: Oh, I guessed wrong! He's grumpy on the JP box too.

301465_front.jpg

AdanVC

Very nice OT! Looking forward for this. Looks insanely fun and seems to have lot's of content. So excited to hear also the new soundtrack. Kirby games have always excellent and catchy tunes.

daripad

Senator Soufflé;109518049 said:
Why is it called Triple Deluxe?

Will pick up, I haven't bought a retail 3DS game yet this year, so this starts me off nicely.

I guess because the other 2 modes are more polished than they seem at first glance

Nudull

Banned
Haven't gotten to play a new Kirby game since Squeak Squad, and I'll probably be getting this, day one. XD

Great OT!

Top Bottom