• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami announces Metal Gear Survive (PS4/XB1/PC, $30, 2017)

How do you feel about the future of the Metal Gear franchise?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdk7

I imagine the Konami exec who said "yeah, let's add zombies and black holes to MGS and make a spin off in the veins of Resident Evil Umbrella Corps, that is such a wonderful idea!".
Seriously, LOL WUT?

sirap

Given the dumb zombie shit that was in MGSV with the survivors of MSF, I'd be willing to bet this was planned since early in MGSV's development.

+ wormhole extraction.

Doesn't seem too farfetched to think that this was planned. Hell, it might've even started as a addon multiplayer component back when Kojima's team was still together.

Nohar

Wormholes... Alternate universe... Crystalline zombies...

giphy.gif

Words fail me. I can't even begin to understand how they came up with such an idea. And I'm expecting a lot of microtransactions in this game.

Well, this ride never ends it seems. #FucKonami

Seriously, what is going on with that company? Wait, scratch that, we all know by this point everything wrong with it. A better question would be when did it begin to go wrong? What is the catalyst?

I honestly want Konami to go bankrupt, just so they have to sell their IPs, which could find a new breath of life in someone else's hands.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I wonder where the source of the material is considering the dev time of MGSV.

Was this from the scraps, or a late decision by Konami?

I wish I had the tell-all MGSV book.

Shari

What is this SHIT.

Seriously? Was it necessary to make a L4D out of Metal Gear? This is the first idea you get as soon as kojima gets out the door?

Was it too hard to approve the fucking remake of MGS3 on foxengine?

Just when you think they cannot go any lower they manage to amaze.

I'm so salty right now.

Taruranto

members of Militaires Sans Frontières not killed in that game’s finale transported through wormholes into an alternate universe, where they’re forced to battle a force of crystalline zombies

I mean, it's stupid, but so were MGS4, and V!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is pretty much the type of title I expected Konami to make in the series going forward.

It's way more accessible for them budget wise, but still uses the brand in a way that at least someone would feasibly be interested in.

Jintor

Hell I think pachinko was more respectful than this lmao

Did they rip this out of mgsv's? Was this snake v monkey for v?

Wanderer5

Set directly after the events of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Survive sees the members of Militaires Sans Frontières not killed in that game’s finale transported through wormholes into an alternate universe, where they’re forced to battle a force of crystalline zombies and, it seems, at least one Metal Gear itself.

What...

yoonshik

Set directly after the events of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Survive sees the members of Militaires Sans Frontières not killed in that game’s finale transported through wormholes into an alternate universe, where they’re forced to battle a force of crystalline zombies and, it seems, at least one Metal Gear itself.
1471421899-noct7.gif

THEaaron

Everyone complained about Kojimas cheesy writing and then they do an alternate universe via wormhole zombie survival shooter. lol.

Well, no Metal Gear without Kojima for me.

mdzapeer

I will judge the game on its merits and not on the Metal Gear brand, if its good or bad. Writing a game off before knowing anything about it is premature.

Most likely it will be bad, but even if its good Konami greed would bury it under micro-transactions.

My internet happened to drop out while it was trying to load the thread, so I took a moment to ponder what the game could possibly be about.

...in my wildest dreams I still wasn't expecting crystalline zombies. Konami, it's just cruel by this point. Take MGS out back like Old Yeller, it would be a kinder fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom