• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami has filed a trademark for "Contra Run and Gun"

katkombat

Banned
Run and Gun? Mobile runner game confirmed? :/

Sounds like!

First thought...

exactly what I was thinking

game autofires and you jump

Endless runner, Contra style?

Oh well, least I can try out Shattered Soldier on Tuesday when it's added to PSN.

First thing I thought.

actually a contra game where it auto run and all you do is jump and aim shoot direction sounds pretty fun. it'd be like hard corps speed run and you need quick reflex for jumping and shooting etc, if they add ability like dodging bullet and tackle ala hard corps, it sounds even better

:( stop guys you are breaking my heart

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
actually a contra game where it auto run and all you do is jump and aim shoot direction sounds pretty fun. it'd be like hard corps speed run and you need quick reflex for jumping and shooting etc, if they add ability like dodging bullet and tackle ala hard corps, it sounds even better
The concept is solid, and could make for a very fun game despite the limitations of touchscreen only devices. I considered doing something very, very similar in the past.

Teknoman

Thats fine with another series, but not with contra >:I

Adding extra moves ala Uprising and Hard Corps is the way to go. Or just refine the dash and slide mechanics.

Also if you guys havent played Hard Corps: Uprising, you are missing out.

Takao

Banned
2011. It was pretty much just this:

konami-pre-e3-2011-show-contra-news.jpg

That was a teaser for a remake developed by the Spec Ops people. It got canned.

J-Rzez

That's something that fell off, the runners. I used to love them in the arcades, and wish they'd remake GI JOE, but that's a pipe dream at best.

Silky

Banned
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it could be a reboot of the franchise. CONTRA: "RUN AND GUN" could just be a slogan chimed in like some b-list 80s film. I mean it has been awhile since we had a contra title. (Hard Corps released in like, 2009?), maybe Konami is actually trying to do more than Silent Hill, Metal Gear, Castlevania, and PES.

EDIT: Isn't Shattered Soldier releasing on PSN this tuesday...? If possible, Konami could have SS used as MARKETING!
I didn't even know Konami knew how to market.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
First thought: Autorunning iOS game.

Second, more hopeful thought: It'll be an on-rails shooter like Sin and Punishment, complete with fucking awesome rollercoaster ride stages and amazing bossfights.

Third thought: It'll be Megaman Xover complete with horrible ripped sprites that don't match and animate poorly.

-KRS-

Wait, why are we assuming it's a mobile game from that name? Isn't Run and Gun just the name of that specific genre that the traditional Contra games are in? Actually wasn't it Contra that really started and gave that genre that name in the first place? I mean it could be a mobile runner game, but I don't think we can be so sure just yet.

Top Bottom