• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Assassin's Creed 2015 set in Victorian London (Quebec Dev, Screenshots)

I enjoyed Unity so I'll definitely grab this, I've wanted this setting for a while, to be honest.

Also, the co-op in Unity is a lot more stable now after those patches they did. I can find a random in under a minute and be in a mission, so I hope it makes its return. Even if it's just free roam only.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Uhm no. The Coop was shit in Unity because it was clunky and barly functioned. Make the Campaign playable in coop (Its optional, stop complaining). Would save time and money instead of creating seperate crappy missions.
The only fucking game that had optional campain coop and worked in both SP and Coop was Halo. So how about..... No.

Dr Dogg

Well good to see Ubi are off to a great start as even their website is glitching out on me.

I don't think so. Bottom page icons are present on all web pages.

Don't be a spoil sport. I firmly believe that the WiiU logo at the bottom means Victory will be coming despite Ubi saying Watch Dogs was their last AAA title on the platform.

WarpathDC

Seems decent enough. Not making the mistake of buying this day one or on console again though. I'll get it for sub 10 on pc eventually.

Some settings I'd like to see: Feudal Japan, Cairo, Moscow/St. Petersburg. A viking era Asscreed could have potential too. (throwing a body in a boat and setting it on fire and sending it down the river would be a badass type of guard distraction)

Vanguard

If it really is set in London then I will be a bit interested. I've not played Unity or Rogue as I was just fatigued by the series, my fault of course as I kept buying the damn things. But I defo feel like I've "recovered" enough by now (and by the time it releases) anyway.

yencid

ACS_1080x1920_200017.jpg

makes a nice lil wallpaper for phones

Still cross gen eh... oh well, hope they do better technically than unity.

Also, none of this to "avoid debates and stuff" please push the envelope for all consoles!!

If a series ever needed to take some time and re-evaluate where its at and where it should be going its Assassin's Creed. After the disaster that was Unity (and despite Rogue being good largely because its Black Flag part 2) I am really surprised they are going ahead with another game yet again this year, there is no hype at all for a new AC game, look at this topic as an example, until this news the last post was Dec. 9th, almost 5 months ago, Rogue come out on PC without a lot of discussion about that either despite being quite a good port.

People got burned bad by Unity, rushing out yet ANOTHER game just because they can is going to cripple them in the end and honestly anyone I've talked to about Victory's setting and time period just come off as Ubisoft just missing the mark yet again. With how much people have been asked for an AC game set in feudal Japan or other countries across Asia I am baffled they are continuing to go farther and farther away from the direction that fans want.

ryseing

Hopefully there's more than just London. City only gets boring really quick. Diversity of locations is key to AC IMO. The only fun I had in 3 was in the Wilderness.

Just having Paris in Unity sucked.

chaos789

Banned
I am excited about all the bugs the game is going to have. I would expect them to charge me extra to release another unfinished buggy game.

Älg

Uhm no. The Coop was shit in Unity because it was clunky and barly functioned. Make the Campaign playable in coop (Its optional, stop complaining). Would save time and money instead of creating seperate crappy missions.

No it's not. A lot of gear is unlocked by completing coop missions, some of which are fucking impossible to complete on your own.

SaberEdge

Seems decent enough. Not making the mistake of buying this day one or on console again though. I'll get it for sub 10 on pc eventually.

Some settings I'd like to see: Feudal Japan, Cairo, Moscow/St. Petersburg. A viking era Asscreed could have potential too. (throwing a body in a boat and setting it on fire and sending it down the river would be a badass type of guard distraction)

Feudal Japan is my top pick. It would be a perfect setting for Assassin's Creed.

Top Bottom