• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: The Most Popular Action-Adventure Games In Japan (Famitsu Poll)

Didn't see a thread so.

Famitsu already did an action game poll, but this week it published an action-adventure game one. Next week, it will be running its adventure game survey, so now let’s take a look at the genre that combines the two. (Keep in mind that Famitsu is letting those who respond to the poll decide what they think is an action-adventure game.)

And here is the list.

20. Shadow of the Colossus (PS2/PS3) - 16 points

19. The Last of Us (PS3/PS4) - 20 points

18. Mega Man Legends (N64/PS1/PSP/PC) - 22 points

17. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/Xbox One/PC) - 25 points

16. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4/Xbox One/PC) - 28 points

15. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2/PS3/Vita/Xbox 360) - 30 points

14. Resident Evil 2 (N64/GC/PS1/DC/PC) - 32 points

13. Siren (PS2) - 40 points

12. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES/GBA) - 41 points

11. Yakuza: Kenzan! (PS3/PS4) - 44 points

10. Ico (PS2/PS3) - 49 points

9. Resident Evil (PS2/Saturn/PC) - 56 points

8. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) - 70 points

7. Yakuza 6 (PS4) - 76 points

6. Shenmue II (DC) - 80 points

5. Yakuza 4 (PS3) - 82 points

4. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (PS4) - 92 points

3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/Switch) - 108 points

2. Shenmue (DC) - 186 points

1. Yakuza 0 (PS3/PS4) - 202 points
http://kotaku.com/1795750896?utm_ca...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Lock if old.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Famitsu got some pretty good taste. I like seeing Siren at #13 and having both SotC and Ico in there is great to see. Even the top 5 are pretty good. I'd drop Uncharted off that list and move another game up higher but I guess Japan likes that kind of stuff too these days.

JayEH

I really do love the absurdity of these famitsu polls. Looking forward to next week's one.

I didn't want to copy the whole article but I should say that there were 588 participants in this poll. 68% men, 27% women and 5% didn't disclose their gender.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yassssssssss king
daisaku-kuze-yakuza-0-1.53.jpg

Stiler

RE1, RE2, and RE7 over RE4? Japan is being silly. This list is from an episode of Gintama.

I enjoyed RE1 and 2 the best out of the series and RE7 was a nice return to roots style RE game.

RE4 felt like an offshoot action game rather then a horror game to me. While I can understand that for some players it was nice (and it gave the series some new life when it needed it) I personally liked the more horror focused games in the series.

Top Bottom