• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KS8000 automatically changing to switch Hdmi port when switch is in rest mode

hlhbk

If the Switch is in sleep mode, randomly the TV will just change back to HDMI3 where the Switch is plugged in. This is ith HDMI-CEC off on the TV and the Switch option turned off. Has anyone else ran into this issue on the KS8000? It only happens on the switch.

Also everytime I turn on the switch the KS8000 ask me to setup that HDMI port?

MCD

KS8000 is crazy tbh. It powers up my X1 just by turning the TV on even after disabling HDMI cec and switches to another input if I turn a device on.

It acts like it owns the room or something.

My LG E6 randomly pops up the notification that the Switch's HDMI connection is active, while the console is in sleep mode. I guess it's probably the same issue.

Shancake

Yep. I know three other friends having the same issue.

This TV has been a nightmare with gaming devices.

Quesa

Been using a Kinovo Switcher and It's been randomly switching the input to it and back frequently.

abrack08

Yep, I have the same problem. Turning the Switch off (which can only be done by holding the power button on the console, not by controllers or though the UI) seems to be the only way to prevent it. It's a "feature" of the TV that can't be turned off.

Shancake

Tv has been a dream with the xbone, PS4, Wii U and PC for me. Switch is tge first issue I have had.

Do you own a PS4 Pro? Myself and many others have never been able to escape the black screen issue. Screen can flicker black 10 times in a minute and then not again of an hour.

Then there's also the fact that this tv STILL doesn't retain HDR settings when going into HDR mode even though every other 4K/HDR tv on the market doing so. It's honestly a nightmare.

http://community.us.playstation.com...hes-Black-Constantly-Samsung-4k/td-p/46036768

DjRalford

Yeah.its a feature of Samsungs 2016 TV's

Even if CEC is off and you disable the pin it still switches channel, the TV auto switches to a new active source when something is turned on, the switch seems to ping out a signal that activates it even though there's no image.

Only way I could find round it is using a manual 2 way HDMI switch and switching it to a blank when I'm not playing.

Lucifon

My LG E6 randomly pops up the notification that the Switch's HDMI connection is active, while the console is in sleep mode. I guess it's probably the same issue.

This. Guessing it's the same thing causing it. The dock to hdmi is basically a dumb on off connection. When the switch awakens in sleep to check for updates etc it will provide power via USB C which will in turn enable the hdmi on the dock.

This is my guess anyway.

Do you own a PS4 Pro? Myself and many others have never been able to escape the black screen issue. Screen can flicker black 10 times in a minute and then not again of an hour.

Then there's also the fact that this tv STILL doesn't retain HDR settings when going into HDR mode even though every other 4K/HDR tv on the market doing so. It's honestly a nightmare.

http://community.us.playstation.com...hes-Black-Constantly-Samsung-4k/td-p/46036768

Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, and now the Switch.

None of those issues.

Firmware 1154.

My PS4 Pro has never blinked with a black screen. Not once.

It's honestly not a nightmare considering how good the TV is for gaming and HDR. Taking literally 5-10 seconds to adjust the brightness for HDR material is annoying for sure, but it's far from a nightmare. I don't wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat because I had to adjust the brightness on my TV.

Complaining about annoyances and little aspects that could be better can be healthy and shows manufacturers what we would like changed. Hyperbole is for children.

As far as the switch goes, I haven't noticed because I've been physically pressing the power button on top of the console and turning it completely off after I'm done playing.

Does switch have a rest mode that might be stealing the input casually?

I know the KS8000 switches inputs when it detects something turning on (i.e. a pc from sleep mode). Maybe the switch has periodically triggers that while resting. My Wii certainly did.

Posted about this in a few others threads.
HDMI-CEC turned off on the TV and any other device, be it PS4, Xbox or Switch never makes a difference.

TV will still switch to PS4 or Xbox One whrn their turned on and now the changes to the Switch even when its in sleep mode.

Only possibly solution for the Switch issue I've found so far is to turn off the Switch completey instead of sleep mode. Hasnt happened since.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah it's happened a few times. But i just undocked it. Changing the black light is annoying but i only use it for gaming so I'm not doing it very often.

The biggest thing i noticed was how subdued the hdr effect during game mode can be. I accidentally forgot to switch it back to game mode after watching a bluray and the horizon visuals blew me away all over again. I checked the settings and it seems That Sharpness was set to 100, dynamic contrast was high and color space was set to native. Game mode lowers several other values as well.

I'd highly recommend people just use standard picture settings for hdr if you want to see eue popping visuals. I personally turned it off because it was too bright and the sharpness was killing my eyes. But there is no doubt that the picture looked amazing

The biggest thing i noticed was how subdued the hdr effect during game mode can be.
Unless I'm missing something, I think the Switch doesn't support HDR?

Unless you're talking about using the HDR+ setting on your tv, which is actually something different and terribly, TERRIBLY labeled.

bender

What time is it?
On your Nintendo Switch, try:

Settings -> TV Settings -> Match TV Power State - Set to 'OFF'

Having that option set to 'ON' was causing issues with my PS4/One losing signal to my TV when the Nintendo Switch was in sleep mode. All my devices are connected through a Kinivo HDMI switch. Hope that helps.

DjRalford

On your Nintendo Switch, try:

Settings -> TV Settings -> Match TV Power State - Set to 'OFF'

Having that option set to 'ON' was causing issues with my PS4/One losing signal to my TV when the Nintendo Switch was in sleep mode. All my devices are connected through a Kinivo HDMI switch. Hope that helps.

It doesn't make any difference, its a TV "feature" issue.

taoofjord

I'm having the same issue too. The TV also has the weirdest issue where I'll be playing games and every 3-5 hours there's about two seconds of SEVERE chromatic abberation. Looks like a video game filter but it happens on PS4, XB1, and the Switch. So weird.

hlhbk

Never have had the pro issue you are describing. I have had the hdr not retaining.

Murugo

Yeah, this started happening to me today. Would switch inputs randomly while the Switch was in rest mode. Hopefully there's a definitive fix for it.

Yes, this is so annoying. I finally caved and unplugged the hdmi cable from the dock while watching TV this morning.

Really hope they fix this soon as I've effectively had to disable one of the best aspects of the Switch.

Really hope they fix this soon as I've effectively had to disable one of the best aspects of the Switch.

Same

sleeping Switch repeatedly interrupts watching movies on my Apple TV. Black screen for a couple of seconds every few minutes.

Very annoying.

I have an Onkyo HTX-22HD AV receiver

-Digits-

KS8000 is crazy tbh. It powers up my X1 just by turning the TV on even after disabling HDMI cec and switches to another input if I turn a device on.

My X1 turned on when I turned off my tv last night, never happened before. Was so random and weird.
I've not hooked up my dock yet so I haven't had this issue but it sounds annoying as hell.

branny

Having the issue, too. Completely powering down the Switch fixes it for me which is wayyy less annoying than unplugging the HDMI cable every time.

Hope there's a firmware update soon. Really irritating, especially when no other device does this.

cyen

Yep, pretty sums up my KS7000. Owns my living room.

Having the issue, too. Completely powering down the Switch fixes it for me which is wayyy less annoying than unplugging the HDMI cable every time.

Hope there's a firmware update soon. Really irritating, especially when no other device does this.

I'd rather unplug the HDMI. I want to keep my system in sleep mode.

Still annoying.

n0razi

Yup, got it happening with my Switch and LG B6... no problems with my PS4 Pro and NVidia Shield though

SNIKT!

Same problem here with my Nintendo, has anyone tried turning off automatic updates in the Switch settings? I'm gonna try that now.

akileese

Yup, got it happening with my Switch and LG B6... no problems with my PS4 Pro and NVidia Shield though

See I've got a Sharp Aquos 4k (not sure on the model number) and I've noticed it'll auto switch to my PS4 but not my Switch.

I think it's a device + TV problem and not something new to the switch. The Samsung TVs seem more susceptible to sleeping devices waking up certain inputs.

Shancake

Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, and now the Switch.

None of those issues.

Firmware 1154.

My PS4 Pro has never blinked with a black screen. Not once.

It's honestly not a nightmare considering how good the TV is for gaming and HDR. Taking literally 5-10 seconds to adjust the brightness for HDR material is annoying for sure, but it's far from a nightmare. I don't wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat because I had to adjust the brightness on my TV.

Complaining about annoyances and little aspects that could be better can be healthy and shows manufacturers what we would like changed. Hyperbole is for children.

As far as the switch goes, I haven't noticed because I've been physically pressing the power button on top of the console and turning it completely off after I'm done playing.

Well considering yourself lucky, because the PS4 Pro issue happens to a lot of people.

Pandacon

My Ps3 would cause my KS8000 to switch to it every time it would turn on to do a update check or something, so now I just leave it disconnected. My switch also presented this problem to a greater extent, so I just leave it undocked while I'm not using it.

It's dumb.

Also my tv seems to shut off for about a second every now and then, can't say if it's specific to PS4 Pro or anything, but yeah, that's dumb to. From what I've seen on the net, it's some issue with Samsung using cheaper capacitors that can't hold quite enough power for whatever they are suppose to do.

These are odd and unexpected problems that are flaws created when trying to make the tv "smart" and trying to cut costs.

murgo

So uh, is there any solution to this problem yet? I just noticed it for the first time after my GF complained about the TV "switching" to the Switch a couple of times.

Veitsev

So uh, is there any solution to this problem yet? I just noticed it for the first time after my GF complained about the TV "switching" to the Switch a couple of times.

No solution until Samsung does something about it. People complained about this "feature" performing similarly with other devices before the Switch was released.

Only way to avoid it is to manually turn off the Switch when docked or take it out.

Joei

Omg I just hooked up my Switch last night and it started doing this to my tv (ks8000), so annoying. I honestly would just as well turn my system off after playing, like I always do with my PS4, but the fact that I can't turn it off from the controller is just stupid. Yes, I know it's only 10 seconds of work, if that, and not a huge deal since I put my controllers away next to my system in my tv cabinet, but still... it's annoying.

No solution until Samsung does something about it. People complained about this "feature" performing similarly with other devices before the Switch was released.

Only way to avoid it is to manually turn off the Switch when docked or take it out.

It's not a Samsung issue. The switch exhibits this same behavior on every TV in my house which are all different brands(lg, Sony and Samsung) as well as my asus monitor. The issue is the switch itself. Nintendo needs to patch this. It seems that when the device is pinging the server for update data it's waking HDMI cans causing the inputs to....wait for it....switch

RRR

I think this is caused by some TVs trying to be helpful but not strictly adhering to the HDMI CEC specifications.
The Switch behaves as intended with my Panasonic ST60.

MazeHaze

Banned
Have not had this issue at all on my KS8000. It's hooked up through a receiver, so maybe that does the trick? I was worried about it when I bought Switch, but it's been hooked up for 2 weeks now.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
so my random turning off on of devices is not cec related?

Nope. This issue has to do with the TV automatically switching to active inputs, regardless of CEC. I'm not sure why the Switch gives a signal on its input when it's not on, but the issue is this "feature" Samsung has decided to implement on their TVs and which cannot be turned off. On my Sony, which supports CEC but doesn't auto-switch to active inputs other than that (so things that don't support CEC, such as my OG PS3, can't make my TV switch inputs), this never happens. It only switches to the Switch input when I wake the Switch up (and it gives the "switch input" CEC signal), never otherwise.

Top Bottom