• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kung Fu Hustle

Status
Not open for further replies.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Is anyone else here highly anticipating this movie? Just somethign about the preview makes me think it's gonna own Shanghai Soccer, and that's saying something.

Plus, ever since I saw him in Hero, Tony Leung has actually been kicking ass. I've gotta see Infernal Affair too.

on a sidenote, i'm also looking forward to seeing the sequel to Infernal Affair that Scorcese is making for 2006. I guess he's already got Matt Damon, Leo Dicaprio, and Jack Nicholson signed on to do it. It'll be fun to see Scorcese do a cop drama with this kind of talent.

But yeah... Kung Fu Hustle will rule.

http://www.sonypictures.com/intl/cn/kungfuhustle/site/index_en.php

BioFan

yup...can't wait till next week...:)
seen it on DVD but I will definitely see it again in theaters next week!!!

Kung Fu Hustle (US official website)

what??they are making a sequel to infernal affair?not a remake??either way, hope it'll be as good as the original...cos it's one of my fav HK movies.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Shoot, yeah, you guys are right. It's getting late and i'm making mistakes. It looked a lot like Tony Leung (I'm just waiting for a few 'all asians look the same to you?' jokes coming) to me, and I was just perusing the cast and saw a Leung.

And I meant a remake of Infernal Affair. Not a sequel.

Sorry everyone. I think I've done enough damage for one night, heh.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
absolutely great movie. dare i say it's better than Shaolin Soccer? yes. yes i shall.

whytemyke said:
Is anyone else here highly anticipating this movie? Just somethign about the preview makes me think it's gonna own Shanghai Soccer, and that's saying something.
It doesn't really even come close to owning "Shanghai" Soccer. Its entertaining for what its worth, just not as original a concept as Shaolin Soccer was.

ElyrionX

BioFan said:
what??they are making a sequel to infernal affair?not a remake??either way, hope it'll be as good as the original...cos it's one of my fav HK movies.

Actually, they made two sequels, thus effectively creating an Infernal Affairs trilogy. The third show was released in Asian cinemas sometime last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom