• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kyle Bosman's New Show: Bosman At Home

Hasney

So he ended up putting it on his channel and it's not an EZA show, although they'll have a playlist. Either way, that sounds like it will be very separate so Bosman doesn't have to deal with Patreon pressure or anything like that.

It's more casual, he's filming, editing and doing everything, but it feels very <Defy Media owned trademark> at least.

First episode dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWJx2dcNSDI

LewieP

A real shame that he had to stop doing bonus bits, but understandable given the changes in production.

Otherwise fantastic as always.

GamerJM

Banned
Honestly, the bonus bits started losing their appeal to me anyways. I loved them at the start but the whole "lore," or whatever started to get too complicated for my tastes (there were so many moments where I'd be like "who's Liquid Bosman (or whoever) again?") and sometimes the jokes were too esoteric.

Stike

jumping_in.gif

Edit: He should just name it The Definitive Bosman

Or
The Iconic Bosman (Sterling will love this)

Let's find a name?

Tregard

Soothsayer
Something about the low key nature of Bosman At Home reminded me of that Simpsons episode where Krusty performed unscripted material with Ike Eisenhower and Professor Gas Can

tumblr_mveptrPVjf1qg03pro1_1280.png

I, of course, mean this as a compliment. The show still has all the charm of the Final Bosman and will thrive on that given that Kyle is happier with the set up. Good show!

Likable Easy Ally Guy Gets His Own Show

Carl

Just watched it and i am so glad it's just him sit and talking about games again, nice and simple. So much better than the later episodes of Final Bosman. Please keep it like this Kyle :)

openrob

I was still hoping out on the title being 'The Casual Bosman' haha, but really happy to see him carrying on with his stuff. Going to watch it a bit later as I'm out now.

Still not sure if doing it separately is done out of worry of being a burden/worry about not delivering enough to warrant patreon support, or actually a really good thing which will allow him to grow independently as a personality (which he totally deserves to do!).

Maybe it was explained and I missed it?

Hasney

I was still hoping out on the title being 'The Casual Bosman' haha, but really happy to see him carrying on with his stuff. Going to watch it a bit later as I'm out now.

Still not sure if doing it separately is done out of worry of being a burden/worry about not delivering enough to warrant patreon support, or actually a really good thing which will allow him to grow independently as a personality (which he totally deserves to do!).

Maybe it was explained and I missed it?

Kyle did say initially that it would be separate free of Patreon pressures, so probably the first part.

Drencrom

Great first episode, just what I expected from a homemade Bosman show!

Also I love his austere kitchen, it only lacks some sort of pop culture poster and it would basically be my former dorm kitchen

RabbitNoir

Neo Member
Kyle said in his stealthy Tetris stream that with Easy Allies the intent is to only promise shows that they would still be able to deliver if they got jobs. Basically if Kyle a got a job he could still do the podcast and take part in D&D but it might be impossible for him to write his own regular show. He doesn't want to lure people into pledging with the promise of a successor to the Final Bosman and then later drop it when he finds employment.

Hasney

Kyle said in his stealthy Tetris stream that with Easy Allies the intent is to only promise shows that they would still be able to deliver if they got jobs. Basically if Kyle a got a job he could still do the podcast and take part in D&D but it might be impossible for him to write his own regular show. He doesn't want to lure people into pledging with the promise of a successor to the Final Bosman and then later drop it when he finds employment.

Ahhhh, that makes a lot of sense. It's probably good that they've thought about things in that way so nothing is suddenly dropped.

Drencrom

I like how Kyle either forgot or couldn't make an e-acute (É) and just added it in paint

42EAJVx.png

Makes sense. It's probably for the best if so because the prospect of Kyle being forced to drop the show would suck so bad, Kyle really doesn't need the EZA budget/equipment to make his show eitherway so.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Great first video. Subscribed. :)

DSix

Banned
I want to Patreon him alone.

I can get why he doesn't want to make his Easy Allies pals feel bad, but honestly Bosman deserves his own income source and he should get it.

Zombine

Banned
Much more my speed when it comes to watching game related videos. I just kind of kick back and watch him talk.

Pokemon is a big whoop though, Kyle. Maybe not for that horrible reveal video, but because it took tradition and threw it out the window. Now we genuinely have no clue what to expect from our Pokemon releases after skipping "Z." They basically said "Hey, remember that thing you were expecting? Here's another thing that's like the thing you wanted but have some all new Pokemon." That's pretty big.

He started to slip into Final mode by the end, sign-off and all. But a great start, especially for him having to scale back.

Maybe a slightly more flattering backdrop is in order. Maybe we could pool our funds and spring for a nice banner or weird tapestry or something. :p

Loved it, awesome job Bosman.

I think I'm one of the few who actually hated the bonus bits so I love the new format. I do miss the tie but he's right, it totally wouldn't work in a kitchen haha.

I hope future eps are like this one - a tad longer than the old show, very limited skits and way more chillaxed.

Majukun

didn't know sony basically stopped giving big games with the plus with the release of ps4..i mean it was expected since now a bigger part of its userbase has a ps+ account,but i would expect much more complaints about that on gaf

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of complains actually. Just go into any PS+ thread.

A real shame that he had to stop doing bonus bits, but understandable given the changes in production.

Truly the darkest timeline. I bet this Kyle timetravels into the past just to have bonus bits back. EDIT: Although there was something at the end there? Doesn't that count as a bonus bit? I don't even know haha.

Loved it. I'm glad he's back.

Top Bottom