• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L Zone on the Apple Pippin...and other WEIRD point and click adventure games

VGEsoterica

I am not even 100% sure what the point of L Zone truly is. It's definitely a game...I know that for certain. It's a classic cd-rom based point and click adventure game...that makes sense too! but what is going on in the universe of L Zone? Absolutely zero clue. And why did it end up on the Apple Pippin of all places? also one giant mystery! But I love weird oddball games so of course I love L Zone for some strange reason.

It really reminds me of the early days of CD based game development on PC and MAC. When the medium seemed more important than the game itself. The time when MYST was the biggest and most impressive thing anyone had ever seen before and we all ate it up with a spoon.

It seems like this was a real wild west of game development where some games felt really "standard' and experiements like L Zone could be made to stand along side the more mainstream stuff.

But there are so many odd point and click adventure games I am sure I am missing some hits...so what do you have for me Gaf? (stuff like Bad Mojo or I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream)

Shifty

Interesting, so it's one of those mysterious Myst-y games where trying to reason out how and why it all works is part of the deal.

If you're looking for other games of its ilk, Rama - based on the novels by Arthur C. Clarke - gives me similar vibes:

And The Journeyman Project as well, which has more versions than you can shake a stick at:

Last edited:

VGEsoterica

Interesting, so it's one of those mysterious Myst-y games where trying to reason out how and why it all works is part of the deal.

If you're looking for other games of its ilk, Rama - based on the novels by Arthur C. Clarke - gives me similar vibes:

And The Journeyman Project as well, which has more versions than you can shake a stick at:

I played a ton of Journeyman Project back in the day. Still not 100% sure if I ever beat it

Top Bottom